What's new

Predict Our Starting Lineup

Avery

While we're still waiting to see what happens on a potential Lakers swap and Westbrook buyout, let's here some predictions on who your starting five will be.

PG - Sexton
SG - Beasley
SF - Agbaji
PF - Markkanen
C - Kessler

Some observations:

- Having two starting rookies may be a stretch, but I'm not convinced that Azubuike would start over Kessler anyway. I think it's possible that the team could trot out Fontecchio in place of Agbaji or even decide to have a bigger frontcourt with Vanderbilt manning the 3 spot, but I think all of these guys will see minutes

- I have Conley coming off the bench and playing a good amount of minutes. I think the Jazz will want to give him the appropriate rest yet time to shine in hopes that they can potentially shuffle him before the trade deadline

- I'm assuming that a Lakers trade would be for Bogey/Clarkson/Gay, but will concede that it's possible that Beasley slips in there instead

- I'm expecting a rotation to be very deep as they get good looks at guys like Vanderbilt, Tucker, Walker and Bolmaro. They'll want to understand who might be worth keeping around on qualifying offers and team options as the waters will be muddied even more next year with draft picks

- I don't see a lot of PT for somebody like Butler unless he really shines in camp. The backcourt is a bit of a logjam and there's only so many minutes to go around

- The Jazz team in 2023-2024 could see a 100% turnover from the team we trotted out last year - pretty stunning if you think about it

I think this is reasonable.

For Conley, Bojan, and JC's sake I hope they're gone. Good dudes who can still play, they deserve to be on a contender. I think 2 of them are gone before the season starts with the last gone by the deadline at the latest.

I think this is reasonable.

For Conley, Bojan, and JC's sake I hope they're gone. Good dudes who can still play, they deserve to be on a contender. I think 2 of them are gone before the season starts with the last gone by the deadline at the latest.
Bogey seems like a near certainty and I think we'll basically give the Lakers their choice between Beasley and Clarkson. Unloading Conley may just be a sunk cost that we need to accept if someone is willing to take on his contract for peanuts.

Bogey seems like a near certainty and I think we'll basically give the Lakers their choice between Beasley and Clarkson. Unloading Conley may just be a sunk cost that we need to accept if someone is willing to take on his contract for peanuts.
Yeah, it's pretty bad.

My guess is we flip him for an even worse contract that comes off the books next offseason, maybe squeeze a second round pick out of it or a heavily protected first. Perhaps there's a fit out there on a playoff team that has a sizeable expiring + wants a vet PG who still has some gas in the tank.

While we're still waiting to see what happens on a potential Lakers swap and Westbrook buyout, let's here some predictions on who your starting five will be.

PG - Sexton
SG - Beasley
SF - Agbaji
PF - Markkanen
C - Kessler

Some observations:

- Having two starting rookies may be a stretch, but I'm not convinced that Azubuike would start over Kessler anyway. I think it's possible that the team could trot out Fontecchio in place of Agbaji or even decide to have a bigger frontcourt with Vanderbilt manning the 3 spot, but I think all of these guys will see minutes

- I have Conley coming off the bench and playing a good amount of minutes. I think the Jazz will want to give him the appropriate rest yet time to shine in hopes that they can potentially shuffle him before the trade deadline

- I'm assuming that a Lakers trade would be for Bogey/Clarkson/Gay, but will concede that it's possible that Beasley slips in there instead

- I'm expecting a rotation to be very deep as they get good looks at guys like Vanderbilt, Tucker, Walker and Bolmaro. They'll want to understand who might be worth keeping around on qualifying offers and team options as the waters will be muddied even more next year with draft picks

- I don't see a lot of PT for somebody like Butler unless he really shines in camp. The backcourt is a bit of a logjam and there's only so many minutes to go around

- The Jazz team in 2023-2024 could see a 100% turnover from the team we trotted out last year - pretty stunning if you think about it
Who is Tucker?

I think Fontecchio got some assurance he'd be a starter.

Why else would he join the tanking Jazz of all teams? No way we were the only team on his radar.

I'm super excited for Agbaji... had a solid summer league too... Seems super high character as well. Give him 30 minutes a night and throw him in the deep end.
We legit got a lottery pick from this year. Getting him and Sexton was ****ing awesome. Sounds like Agbaji getting added sealed the deal for us.