What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

We traded a second round pick for his childhood best friend Paschall. Who actually did great in his extremely limited minutes in the playoffs. Can you believe we did that? So ****ing corny.
Yep. We traded for a solid player who Quin wouldn't play. "Don controls everything"

I love how wanting to trade Rudy automatically equates to being a hater. With that logic we have a bunch of Donovan haters on this board. 90% Donovan haters vs 10% Rudy haters.
I don't know about being a hater, Mitchell's jersey is the only one I own. I just don't think he realizes how lucky he had it. His abysmal defense and not taking any accountability for it, the power grab, leaking to the media just makes it easier to "hate" him.

Also most that want Mitchell traded also want Rudy traded too.

I just can’t imagine hating on a dude who saved us from basketball purgatory when Hayward left and helped us rise from the ashes into the superstar he has become. He literally carried us to the second round and up 2-0 against a great defensive team on one ****ing leg. **** was so inspiring to me.
Yeah, it really would have sucked if we weren't good that year and we drafted Luka Doncic the next year instead. Thank you Donovan!

I don't hate either Rudy or Don. I have made my position clear that my first choice, if it were possible, would be to surround them with the right pieces so we can win a ring with both of them here.

I think Rudy gets unfairly blamed for too much when he is realistically our best player.

I am in the camp of keep both or trade both as the first option. If we can move one of them to improve our chances then do it, but I think if we move one we should move both. Really though it is more along the lines of, if we move Rudy then move Mitchell as well, since Rudy is the one thing keeping us competitive and without him, if we do not very fully fill the defensive void, then we are lost and will be a lottery team which will push Mitchell to ask out within 2 years. So move Rudy, move Mitchell. However I think we could move Mitchell and get pieces that would mesh better around Rudy and make us far more competitive.

I am very disappointed with Mitchell's seeming complete disregard for playing any defense at all, and somewhat less so about his lack of ability or effort as a playmaker. I really like him, he is fun to watch, but watching him literally matador guys straight to the rim repeatedly with zero effort on D for an entire playoff series really soured me on him as the cornerstone of this team. The last thing we need is a player that won't make an effort on both ends of the court. And if it is some attempt to "expose" Gobert to push him out, then that is just childish and immature and he needs to go for that reason alone. Unless he decides to put forth some effort, he will become unwatchable, as will the Jazz, if we move Rudy and try to build around Mitchell if that is the Mitchell we are going to get.

So I would love to keep them both if we can build around them more effectively, but since that is unlikely, I would prefer we move both.

But I am bracing myself for them to trade Rudy for $0.65 on the dollar and leave us at the play-in level for the next 2-3 years with likely trips to the late lottery. The mediocrity treadmill we have been on for decades now will continue.

I sure hope whatever we do had a stronger impact on the success of the team, but our recent history and the rumors we have been hearing do not bode well for our future.

The haters are going to be devastated when tomorrow happens and Rudy Gobert is still the best player on the Utah Jazz.
How does this post equal if you want Rudy traded you a Rudy hater?

I'm just calling out the haters. I didnt define who the haters were. If you putting yourself in that category from reading this and feeling insecure, you probably a Rudy hater.

How does this post equal if you want Rudy traded you a Rudy hater?

I'm just calling out the haters. I didnt define who the haters were. If you putting yourself in that category from reading this and feeling insecure, you probably a Rudy hater.

There are no Rudy haters on here. There are people who want to trade Rudy. It’s not hard to understand. There are absolutely Donovan haters on here by the way you speak. Nobody has ever said half the **** about Rudy that you guys say about Donovan.

I’m dying to hear how we would have got a top-3 pick with Rudy on the team.

I just can’t imagine hating on a dude who saved us from basketball purgatory when Hayward left and helped us rise from the ashes into the superstar he has become. He literally carried us to the second round and up 2-0 against a great defensive team on one ****ing leg. **** was so inspiring to me.
Oh I absolutely loved that version of Donovan. I thought we were on the path to perennial contention with a potential two-way superstar in Donovan and the best defensive player in the league. I was defending him agains the chucker labels people were throwing at him like he was my son or something. He lost himself somewhere along the way, both on the court and off the court. No idea what happened. Did he get the wrong people in his ear? No idea... but something happened.

I will never forgive him the way he treated this team and Gobert after the COVID thing... and this has continued to this day... all the constant leaks, no directness, everything sneaky and sleazy behind the scenes setting of narratives through the media(shocked... unsettled and unnerved and wondering what it means for the franchise)... And we end at the point where after we gave him the supermax and with him still having FOUR years on that contract he couldn't even give the mildest committment to this team after a painful ending of the season for the fans. He again left us in limbo to ponder the next 5 months until the season starts.

I will never be able to trust a word out of his mouth. Everything he says now feels fake to me.

I "hate" Mitchell because I hate undersized 2 guard chuckers who dont play defense.

That's literally it. It's got nothing to do with him as a person. It's got nothing to do with his politics. I just dont like that playstyle.

To contrast, I like Donovan the person more than I like Hayward the person, but Hayward was the far better Jazz player (at least the peak of Hayward for Utah was) Imo.

If the people who constantly **** on Rudy just admitted they dont like that playstyle, Id respect that. Instead they play mental gymnastics to get to certain conclusions and justify their own personal bias.

I’m dying to hear how we would have got a top-3 pick with Rudy on the team.
He got hurt and we stormed back end of that season. We could have simply done the Dame/Duncan shut it down and got there. I wanted us to do a one year tank at one point that year... @infection prophesied we would make the playoffs and the churro was strong with him. infection basically cost us Luka.

There are no Rudy haters on here. There are people who want to trade Rudy. It’s not hard to understand. There are absolutely Donovan haters on here by the way you speak. Nobody has ever said half the **** about Rudy that you guys say about Donovan.
Stevie-Wonder.jpg

I will never forgive him the way he treated this team and Gobert after the COVID thing...
Don responded to something Rudy actually did.

I have always held Rudy responsible for his actions while most of you are more upset by Don having a normal human response to Rudy's actions.

Ugh I'm so tired of this conversation.

Don responded to something Rudy actually did.

I have always held Rudy responsible for his actions while most of you are more upset by Don having a normal human response to Rudy's actions.

Ugh I'm so tired of this conversation.
Oh I understood the initial reaction and I might have even defended him here. But he sure drag this out for all he could handle. And that's after Rudy had about as perfect of a reaction as possible to his **** up.

I promise you dont lmao.

I want Rudy traded lmfao. I want the entire team traded.

Wanting Rudy traded does not equal hating Rudy.

You do not want Rudy traded. I have not seen you say that once or discuss that at all. All you ever do is post threads about Donovan for attention.