What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

An entire playoff series is not a small sample size to me. It literally is the ****ing playoffs where it matters most.
An entire playoff series is 13 possession! THIRTEEN! In 6 games. Lets say 80 possessions per game. 25% of 80 is 20. in 6 games - 120 possessions. Only 13 of them were against Gobert. You are an idiot if you are taking this sample over you know... the entirety of Gobert's career when determining if he's good or bad in isolation.

An entire playoff series is 13 possession! THIRTEEN! In 6 games. Lets say 80 possessions per game. 25% of 80 is 20. in 6 games - 120 possessions. Only 13 of them were against Gobert. You are an idiot if you are taking this sample over you know... the entirety of Gobert's career when determining if he's good or bad in isolation.

I was referring to the entirety of defensive stats in that comment not the isolation one.

I don't think he is trying to say Rudy is a bad defender. I just think he's trying to say Rudy is not some perfect, never one of our issues player y'all try to portray him as.

Rudy ain't perfect. And yes, some of our issues are his fault too.

Why iso anybody when they could just keep dribbling towards the paint, watch Rudy always come down, and then his player is wide freaking open after a pass or two?

It's funny how you guys get so upset when we run iso on offense because we don't run our "mixer". We don't run the mixer in the playoffs because it can be shut down due to our limited offensive weapons.

Then you brag on our success at stopping iso without admitting that the other team uses their "mixer" to abuse our unsuccessful defense.
Google what an X-out is and try to learn basic fundamental basketball terms like helping the helper.

Elizah Huge is learning that when you're dealing with tiny sample sizes, you get a lot of crazy results.

Like one of the most basic principles of statistics is that a small sample size isn't representative of anything.
Look... I just want to make "that's what she said jokes" when you talk about small sample sizes... I have nothing to add except you'd think these guys would be very familiar with the issues that come with dealing with tiny sample sizes.

I'm not sure what to think on a potential Rudy trade. If we don't move him there is some risk an outsider marginalizes his role... I'm torn on Quin stepping down meaning Rudy is gone and it meaning he is not being traded and Quin saw no way forward because of lack of changes.

Quin mentioning Rudy in the presser may mean he sees Rudy being moved and so he's out... it could all mean nothing and it could be really just Quin is broken and needs some time to rest.

The real question... If Rudy is traded who will eat lunch with Donovan sometimes?

Yeah, we look like this quite a bit. Our wings and #6 being planted in the paint while wide open 3's are going up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZOyWIV400

You do realize #6 in this case isn't in any fault here, right? He might even be deterring a designated post-up play. The mistake happens when 2 players try to rotate to one guy. If the defensive rotation was fairly executed, we would see if #6 would be quick enough to rotate back.

You do realize #6 in this case isn't in any fault here, right? He might even be deterring a designated post-up play. The mistake happens when 2 players try to rotate to one guy. If the defensive rotation was fairly executed, we would see if #6 would be quick enough to rotate back.
That's why I said what I said. The wings screwed up to start. However, there were no post threats and #6's guy was also wide *** open and ready to shoot it. He should have helped out.

For us, our perimeter defenders are weak, and Rudy stays planted to the paint sometimes.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm not sure what to think on a potential Rudy trade. If we don't move him there is some risk an outsider marginalizes his role... I'm torn on Quin stepping down meaning Rudy is gone and it meaning he is not being traded and Quin saw no way forward because of lack of changes.

Quin mentioning Rudy in the presser may mean he sees Rudy being moved and so he's out... it could all mean nothing and it could be really just Quin is broken and needs some time to rest.

The real question... If Rudy is traded who will eat lunch with Donovan sometimes?

I honestly don’t really have an idea where this is going. I could see either Gobert or Mitchell getting moved in the next 3 weeks but also wouldn’t be surprised if neither did.

That's why I said what I said. The wings screwed up to start. However, there were no post threats and #6's guy was also wide *** open and ready to shoot it. He should have helped out.

For us, our perimeter defenders are weak, and Rudy stays planted to the paint sometimes.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
There was a post threat as otherwise there wouldn't be much need for rotation and the offensive team wouldn't directly set it up. You can see how defensive players gravitate towards it and there seems to be some size advantage.

#6 didn't rotate because the pass never happened.

There was a post threat as otherwise there wouldn't be much need for rotation and the offensive team wouldn't directly set it up. You can see how defensive players gravitate towards it and there seems to be some size advantage.

#6 didn't rotate because the pass never happened.
There was zero post threat. The pass went to the corner and he should have seen that two guys were wide freaking open up top. Any effort would have been better than just standing stuck in the paint.

There was zero post threat. The pass went to the corner and he should have seen that two guys were wide freaking open up top. Any effort would have been better than just standing stuck in the paint.
They touch the paint as soon as the ball goes into the paint, clearly they are worried. The pass only happens because the paint is sealed off. #6 is not responsible for the **** up. If the wings execute it properly we can see if he recovers back but he can't jump rotation because that puts 3 guys on 2 and leaves a clear path to the rim. Also the guy he is sagging off is Bourousis, not very well known as a shooter.

Gobert got torched on defense in isolation in the playoffs this year. That is 100% a fact. Who cares what he did in the regular season we need him to perform in the playoffs. 1.92 PPP is ****ing trash.

Donovan has the skills and ability to be a good defender and when we get a coach who’s idea of defense isn’t to funnel everything to one big man you will see that.

Rudy sucks on offense and is a liability. He eats up so much of our cap for being so limited it blows.
Good luck for Mitchell getting to the hoop and shooting wide open threes with Gobert traded, and good luck hitting 40+ wins.