What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

View: https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1534183390274011136

Not a fan of this deal as I am a long believer that Vucevic is not a guy you can start if you want to be more than a first round playoff exit.

To do this deal you need to be huge believers in Williams. He is a good prospect and solid defender but might never turn the corner and has had injury issues (though they seem more like bad luck).

So Vuc, #19, Williams for Rudy? That enough?

Yes that’s enough in my eyes. That’s the exact type of deal we’d need.

Not a fan of this deal as I am a long believer that Vucevic is not a guy you can start if you want to be more than a first round playoff exit.

To do this deal you need to be huge believers in Williams. He is a good prospect and solid defender but might never turn the corner and has had injury issues (though they seem more like bad luck).

I think you could definitely get Coby White as well... He seems like the odd man out there. I'd really try and sneak Ayo or Caruso if you could.

I'm with you. Doesn't seem like enough. I'm not a big fan of Vuc. He could be part of a rotation but not a full time C on a great team.

I would be more receptive if they added Caruso and took back Rudy Gay. So...

Gobert and Gay
for
Vuc, Williams, Caruso and a first

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Yes that’s enough in my eyes. That’s the exact type of deal we’d need.
I just don't know what Vuc is anymore. He stopped hitting threes and is going to get absolutely murdered on defense unless Donovan becomes Marcus Smart.

On draft night they could do Rudy for Vuc, Williams, Ayo, and 19. It would save us around 10M next year so we'd be out of the tax. I'd do that deal I think... I'd hate it but it seems like the best upside we might get.

If it is Rudy for Vuc, Williams, 19 and White... I'd sneak NAW or Gay in there to at least save some money. I think Gay might be a guy that will play better with a change in coach and a healthy offseason (should be well rested). I wouldn't pay a premium to dump him but if you can sneak him in this deal then do it.

Bulls should be pretty motivated to do that deal... I think Rudy with Lavine, DeRozan, Caruso, Healthy Lonzo is actually really pretty damn good. They can't offer future picks though as they owe them to Portland and Orlando. They also want to keep Zach so making that move might be enticing.

I'd rather route Vuc somewhere else or at least find another center to pair with him... He might be the perfect center to lead the stealth tank though... We can put up big offensive numbers and lose a lot.

I've decided we should do it... its meh for us... but I can get behind a Bulls team with Rudy, Caruso, Ball, Lavine, Derozan. Will be a fun team to root for and is in the East so it won't make me too sad. Utah can deliver their third title to Chicago (I kid... kind of).

Bulls should be pretty motivated to do that deal... I think Rudy with Lavine, DeRozan, Caruso, Healthy Lonzo is actually really pretty damn good. They can't offer future picks though as they owe them to Portland and Orlando. They also want to keep Zach so making that move might be enticing.

I'd rather route Vuc somewhere else or at least find another center to pair with him... He might be the perfect center to lead the stealth tank though... We can put up big offensive numbers and lose a lot.
Chicago supposedly also has a ton of interest in Bojan too.

Rudy and Bojan
for
Vuc, Williams, White, #19 and either Lonzo or Caruso? More?

I'm also game to move Vuc elsewhere if there is demand.

Bulls have the 18th pick this year... I threw out 19th pick... my bad. Should be a solid guy there... Liddell/Eason/Brown. Might be a position you can trade up from to nab someone that is sliding a bit. Say you take 18 and Conley and send it to Wash for 10, KCP, Ish. Then we can select Cy's guy Sochan.

Chicago supposedly also has a ton of interest in Bojan too.

Rudy and Bojan
for
Vuc, Williams, White, #19 and either Lonzo or Caruso? More?

I'm also game to move Vuc elsewhere if there is demand.

I'd love Lonzo. Just what we need with Donovan. Then we shop Conley for whatever assets we can get.

I agree. Lonzo and Don would be a great pairing

Lonzo is pretty much untouchable at this point. Secondhand knowledge (from within the executive ranks of the Bulls organization) is that there is no known surgical repair option for his specific meniscus tear issue, and significant concern it will not heal any further on its own. Could be a career ender.

Lonzo is pretty much untouchable at this point. Secondhand knowledge (from within the executive ranks of the Bulls organization) is that there is no known surgical repair option for his specific meniscus tear issue, and significant concern it will not heal any further on its own. Could be a career ender.
Could be a Brandon Roy situation.

If that's the case, then I don't think we should take that chance.

That probably means we can't get Caruso AND White.

If we were to make a deal like that, we'd definitely have to move some of our other pieces like Mike, Bogey and JC for some defenders because going from Rudy to Vuc would be a major downgrade defensively.

Bulls are reportedly going to offer Lavine a max deal. If trading for Gobert makes Lavine take the deal, then it's worth it for the Bulls to make a stout offer on Gobert. I'm just not sure they have what it takes to make said stout offer.

Same scenario could potentially exist in Portland and San Antonio, who are also interested in Lavine. Zach is going to get paid, but he could be looking at Big 3 scenarios in Portland, San Antonio and Chicago.

I’m keeping Rudy if that‘s our best offer, trading our DPOY for one good defender and one trash defender doesn’t help us.

Bulls are reportedly going to offer Lavine a max deal. If trading for Gobert makes Lavine take the deal, then it's worth it for the Bulls to make a stout offer on Gobert. I'm just not sure they have what it takes to make said stout offer.

Same scenario could potentially exist in Portland and San Antonio, who are also interested in Lavine. Zach is going to get paid, but he could be looking at Big 3 scenarios in Portland, San Antonio and Chicago.
Zach can only get a 5th year from Chicago. All the "rumors" around Zach are purely just to make sure the 5th year is on the table when FA begins imo. He's 27 and while he's made good money (think his deal was like 80M)... this is his shot to make his biggest money. Buls can offer 5 year deal worth $210M and give him a PO on the last year if he wants to test FA one more time. Best other teams can do is 4/157M. The Portland talk is somewhat silly as it would have to be a sign and trade (their "capspace is theoretical and means they lose Hart, Simons, Nurkic) and Dame+LaVine is a tough roster fit. He's had injury issues his whole career... he will take the biggest bag offered and Chicago should offer it.