What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

NOLA might conclude that they already have enough young talent developing with Herb Jones, Trey Murphy, Jose Alvarado, etc. They took a step towards winning now with the McCollum trade.

Yep. They do the trade and add 1-2 vets with the MLE and they could have a strong 3-4 years.

This is a 13 possession sample size, mostly against Luka Doncic.

If isolating against Gobert was truly the magical winning solution that you think it is, the Mavericks would have done it more than two times per game. An isolation against Gobert is something they could have gotten every possession if they wanted - and yet they avoided it in all but 13 possessions over the course of six games.
Brunson had some fun too.

The Mavs used our "funnel to Rudy" system to get wide open 3's. It's not all about isolation numbers.

Kings, Atlanta, Charlotte... Raptors?
Atlanta, Charlotte, Indiana (they are weird), Knicks (if they give up on Don pursuit), Sacramento and NOLA are tough roster fits... but I'd put them in the list of maybes. Spurs, Bulls... I'd say Phoenix, Dallas, Memphis too but no way we do that if we keep Donovan.

I think the Rudy Gobert trade is likely to involve 2 or 3 teams. It's advantageous to involve more than one team's assets, and there aren't many teams that have all the assets the Jazz would want.

Brunson had some fun too.

The Mavs used our "funnel to Rudy" system to get wide open 3's. It's not all about isolation numbers.

If Rudy only getting isolated 13 times is avoiding him I wonder what Donovan getting isolated 11 times means.

Of course these Donovan haters won’t see it that way. The system is flawed in the playoffs we have seen it for two years in a row. We don’t have the personnel to run that system.

It’s not you I just used your point to make a point against idiots like Cy. Thank you.
I don't care about your argument with Cy - it's stupid to use a 13 sample size as some sort of "Gotcha" against Gobert. It'd be one thing if you did it once to make a clear point against people who do the same thing against Mitchell, but you've prattled on about the 1.92 ppp figure for several posts, without any context to explain that you know it's a stupid argument.

If Rudy only getting isolated 13 times is avoiding him I wonder what Donovan getting isolated 11 times means.

Of course these Donovan haters won’t see it that way. The system is flawed in the playoffs we have seen it for two years in a row. We don’t have the personnel to run that system.
Exactly. We don't have the personnel, and most likely, the system wouldn't work anyway.

I don't care about your argument with Cy - it's stupid to use a 13 sample size as some sort of "Gotcha" against Gobert. It'd be one thing if you did it once to make a clear point against people who do the same thing against Mitchell, but you've prattled on about the 1.92 ppp figure for several posts, without any context to explain that you know it's a stupid argument.

13 possessions matter in the playoffs my man.

13 possessions matter in the playoffs my man.
Would it kill you to argue in good faith?

Nobody is arguing the possessions don't matter. There's a difference between a possession mattering and a possession being representative of what would happen over the course of a much larger sample size. The Mavs understood this, which is why they didn't try it more than a couple times per game.

Dallas ranked dead last in possessions per game at 98 this year.

They went to isolation 1/4 of their possessions in the playoffs per game. Rudy is the only player with enough qualified possessions against isolation that averaged over 1.26 PPP. Hell besides Conley nobody on the team allowed more than 0.96 PPP.

Just interesting to me is all.

Would it kill you to argue in good faith?

Nobody is arguing the possessions don't matter. There's a difference between a possession mattering and a possession being representative of what would happen over the course of a much larger sample size. The Mavs understood this, which is why they didn't try it more than a couple times per game.

A couple of times per game? Lol you mean 20-25% of their possessions?