What's new

Predict the Rudy Gobert trade

I’m legit asking you why a team wouldn’t start off with a good offer for the type of level of player Gobert is. No other player his caliber has gone for less because they wanted out or the other teams knew they did.
Ok, you're going to pull a Lopo instead of reading the very concise thing I typed and responding to it. IT's ok you have a very limited brain.

Ok, you're going to pull a Lopo instead of reading the very concise thing I typed and responding to it. IT's ok you have a very limited brain.

You ****ing clown. No player his caliber has ever gone for the type of package you are saying Gobert will no matter the situation.

You ****ing clown. No player his caliber has ever gone for the type of package you are saying Gobert will no matter the situation.
Ok so you are going to continue to ignore the answer I typed becuase it doesnt fit the narrative you want to make.

I really dont care if people on this board disagree with me. It's cool. I enjoy it. But man, is it too much to ask that you dont argue in bad faith? Like just try and be slightly capable?

Ok so you are going to continue to ignore the answer I typed becuase it doesnt fit the narrative you want to make.

I really dont care if people on this board disagree with me. It's cool. I enjoy it. But man, is it too much to ask that you dont argue in bad faith? Like just try and be slightly capable?

It doesn’t matter if teams think the Jazz want to trade Gobert. He’s the type of caliber of player that teams will be lining up to get him.

It doesn’t matter if teams think the Jazz want to trade Gobert. He’s the type of caliber of player that teams will be lining up to get him.
So your official position is that leverage and positions do no exist in trade talks? It's all done in a vacuum that is free of any outside forces/influences/factors.

Is this correct?

So your official position is that leverage and positions do no exist in trade talks? It's all done in a vacuum that is free of any outside forces/influences/factors.

Is this correct?

When you’re the type of caliber of player of Gobert - leverage and positions will not affect the trade package as significantly as you’re saying. It never has and it never will. When is the last time a player like Gobert was traded for 50-75 cents on the dollar?

When you’re the type of caliber of player of Gobert - leverage and positions will not affect the trade package as significantly as you’re saying. It never has and it never will. When is the last time a player like Gobert was traded for 50-75 cents on the dollar?
Chris Paul...

And leverage and positions always affect the package. You lack an incredible amount of awareness if you think otherwise.

Chris Paul...

And leverage and positions always affect the package. You lack an incredible amount of awareness if you think otherwise.

Gobert is WAY better than Chris Paul. Younger and a better contract. Apples to oranges.

I never said they don’t affect the package I said when we are talking top-20 players it never affects it to the point of 50-75 cents on the dollar.

Why would any new potential coach want to coach Mitchell and no Gobert? Mitchell is flashy, he's also a loser. Name one player who single handedly lost 20% of the seasons games based on 4th quarters and heroball. Maybe Westbrook, and look how he's mocked. Put Mitchell in New York and he's instantly Westbrook with a supercharger.
Look at the Jazz games without Mitchell and then without Gobert. That's the real story.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Suns could offer a sign and trade of Ayton for Gobert. They go all in for a title run.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I mean, they could, but big part of the reason for them to want to part ways with Ayton is not wanting to pay Ayton. Even with Rudy being a improvement over Ayton now (independent if people believe Ayton can improve and surpass Rudy or not), i don't believe they'd want Rudy's salary

Actually, I think all of those trades are bad for the Jazz. One of the greatest defensive players in NBA history for those scrubs? Luckily for us, Ainge won’t let us get swindled…

Good read from Kevin O’Connor this morning:

Or maybe the next domino will be Gobert. But the three-time Defensive Player of the Year will make an average of $42.4 million over the next four seasons, and despite his accolades he has plenty of skeptics around the league who view him as an expensive offensive liability. The argument executives often have made is that committing so much money to a defender who lacks creation skills is limiting from a team-building perspective. Gobert gets paid like a megastar but no matter how great he is on defense, he can never match the impact of other stars despite being paid around the same.

Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer reported last month that the Raptors have expressed interest in Gobert. I’ve heard those rumblings too. Sources have also indicated the Bulls are a team with interest in Gobert (and other centers on the market, including Knicks free agent Mitchell Robinson).

I could also theoretically see a team like the Grizzlies viewing Gobert as a worthy upgrade over Steven Adams. Maybe the Suns feel the same about him over Deandre Ayton. Or maybe the Celtics lose in the Finals and decide they can’t trust Robert Williams III to stay healthy, so Brad Stevens calls Ainge to offer Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Derrick White, and multiple firsts? Gobert in the Williams role could potentially unleash the best version of him that we’ve ever seen.

I can’t imagine many non-playoff teams wanting Gobert, due to his massive contract. But whether any contenders are willing to offer the Jazz what he’s worth is unknown. Just as another team may view Gobert as their final piece, Ainge might see him as a key cog of a reshaped roster that features more quality perimeter defenders. Now that Snyder is gone, it seems like the Jazz are finally headed for some long-overdue change. Buckle up.

Some brutal honesty from O’Connor on Gobert there. Not sure a lot of people here will like reading that.

Toronto has been confirmed by two guys with connections as a potential Rudy destination and O’Connor threw out Chicago as well.

Your perception of our perception of Gobert is seriously warped lmfao.

Expensive liability on offense and someone who makes as much as he does without having creation skills is limiting from a team building perspective. Gets paid like a megastar but will never have the same impact as the others who are paid like him.

Almost like I’ve been saying the same thing all along. You can clown LoPo all you want but he’s been saying the same stuff too.