What's new

Prepare for the Worst

I think part of the reason why people are so freaked out about this draft is they know we're going to lose Boozer, so it is going to be nearly impossible to replace him via the draft. So unless we pick up a suitable replacement in free agency or a capable backup for Millsap, the team might take a slight step backward for a year or two. But I honestly think the team is going to be just fine. I can just see why people are upset.

Oh well. Jazz fans have been demanding we get rid of Boozer for a couple seasons now. They'll get their wish. They should've had the foresight to realize replacing him, even with all his flaws, would not be easy. But if there is one thing Jazz fans lack, it's foresightedness.

I think a lot of posters have realized this Cali. Which is why some of us wouldn't mind us to trade down. To me, it would be awesome if we could get two average players than one. But perhaps other teams realize this as well so that the #9 isn't all that attractive?

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down. The talent level drops off significantly after the top 5 picks and pretty much stays the same for the next 15 picks or so. A lot better chance to get at least one solid player when we got two chances at it. And that goes for any team, because drafting players isn't an exact science.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down. The talent level drops off significantly after the top 5 picks and pretty much stays the same for the next 15 picks or so. A lot better chance to get at least one solid player when we got two chances at it. And that goes for any team, because drafting players isn't an exact science.

Exactly. Since we aren't in the top 5 I would love to get 2 later picks for our 9th pick.

I just hope this pick will turn into a guy who is athletic and can block shots. With that in mind I am higher on Ed Davis and even Aldrich over Monroe.

I tried to prepare myself for the worst but I was not prepared for the level of stupidity.. KOC you have outdone yourself... Davis was on the board!!!

Yep I wasn't prepared for this "worst" either, I thought this Honzward was just a smoke screen to get other teams interested.... DAMNIT

Told you to prepare for the worst... I didn't think Hayward would be the worst. This is by far worse than what my idea was the worst.

Hopefully it pissed you guys off so badly that you cease being Jazz fans and dont post here anymore. Good pick, IMO..Would rather of had Aldrich, but hey.

It's funny when the actual draft comes. People talk the talk but when push comes to shove, teams panic. The Jazz said they tried very hard to move up but nothing budged. I don't remember the last time so many lottery teams kept their picks or didn't do any trading. Honestly, I think it comes the upcoming free agent class. I think that people took the best player available to use as part of a trade later on.

Hopefully it pissed you guys off so badly that you cease being Jazz fans and dont post here anymore. Good pick, IMO..Would rather of had Aldrich, but hey.

Hey man, cool avatar. Pretty sweet, some ninja with some flames going on. By the way, I agree, any white guy would have been cool with me.

Is Hayward better than Davis or Aldritch, etc? I don't think any of them are all that impressive. In this case, the Jazz took the best player that would fit their system the best. I just keep thinking of the Boston Celtics and how intelligent they are and how scrappy they are. Most of their players aren't very athletic yet they've been to the Finals 2 years out of 3.

Hayward is a play-maker and a hard working athlete. I think he has a very nice jumpshot. He's a quick decision maker. The NCAA tournament showed he's not afraid to take the big shot nor is he afraid to play against anyone or any team. He's a kid that just doesn't seem to get rattled. I think he could be a real calming influence on our team. We need someone who isn't afraid of the Lakers, like some of our players are. Yes, we need a big guy, but unless you get a good one there's no point forcing it just for the sake of getting a big guy.

He played 33.5 minutes yet only had 2.3 turnovers. He does need to get stronger and pass the ball a little more (only 1.7 assists). However, I could see him as bigger version of Hornacek mixed with Harpring. I think he'll compliment Deron very well, actually. You need your backcourt to be able to read each other and guess what the other is thinking, sometimes. They're both real smart basketball players that think quickly. I don't see how that can be a bad thing as long as they're able to defend their position and execute the offense, preferably to perfection. ;)

Davis is a good shooter and athlete but not nearly as sharp as Hayward. Xavier Henry was the only other guy that I thought seemed like just as good a fit. Xavier reminds me of maybe Billups or a bigger, slower Rondo. Yet, the only drawback to Xavier, and even Babbit to an extent, was their overconfidence/slight arrogance. Outside of Wall and maybe Turner, Hayward was the only guy that seems to have that inner confidence, as KOC put it. He just knows who he is and isn't afraid of the fans booing him. In reply, he didn't seem to get upset he just said that we probably don't know him as well. In other words, "that's ok I'll just prove to you that I'm worth the 9th pick". I think that's pretty cool. Maybe he's related to the Barry family, particularly Jon? ;)

Overall, I'm optimistic yet I'll let him prove himself first and not get too excited about it. Cuz frankly, the 9th pick is hit and miss. Sometimes you're lucky and a star slips by, but most of the time it's just a solid player that stays in the league a long time. I'd also wait until late July or August before I'd worry about the Jazz. By then, we'll know if they're serious about getting rid of the wusses and replacing them with players with a little fire in their belly.

B-. Your next essay will be due on July 1st.

Coming from the guy that makes fun of my Savior. Seriously, dude, you're not funny. I'm really disappointed in this message board for allowing such blatant blasphemy and religious persecution. You're taking a religious figure and making him a joke. I would hope that other Jazzfanz would not stand for this either.

Coming from the guy that makes fun of my Savior. Seriously, dude, you're not funny. I'm really disappointed in this message board for allowing such blatant blasphemy and religious persecution. You're taking a religious figure and making him a joke. I would hope that other Jazzfanz would not stand for this either.

I agree. I don't like it either. I would hope he stops it soon.

I will give Hayward a chance but I am more upset that KOC couldn't make any deals to get a big man prospect.

Welcome to the Internet.