What's new

Preseason Game #6: Jazz visits LA @7:30 PM on ROOT

Not really. They are missing a lot of starters.

Kobe and Johnson are the only starters playing right now for them.

Burks and Kanter are starters playing for us.

The rest of their starters are garbage compared to Hayward/Favors/Burke, come on dude.

I'm nearly positive Kanter is a bad fit for Quin's offense.

I'm undecided if Burks is bad fit to be a starter in Quin's offense.

I really like burks, but seems like sixth man material to me which is not a bad thing really.

I really like burks, but seems like sixth man material to me which is not a bad thing really.
He played his best when he was in with the starters though

I still see him getting 30 minutes or so a game, but we will need some offense off the bench if we want to be successful.

We all know we lost because Burke, Favors, and Hayward were out and it was their 3rd game in 4 nights. But everybody is going to be like, Oh my God the Lakers are back they came back from 20 down, playoffs! Jazz suck.

It's so annoying.

Yeah, it's definitely not. He definitely breaks the offense more than anyone else and goes "rouge" (shout out to my boy Riggs), which can be a good thing, but I think the offense ran way better for the starters with Hood instead of Burks.

Can Burks learn to control when he goes solo to where he pick his spots to maximize our offensive efficiency? Maybe, but if I had to bet, he won't. I think he is a 6th man in this league. He is a ridiculous scorer going to the rim, but I don't see him having the calming/positive effect on the other 4 guys like Hayward/Burke/ have, and like think Exum will eventually have.

Well, there's a lot of material in this tape that Quin can use for teaching purposes...

No need to panic. No Burke, essentially no Favors or Hayward... Jazz are sooo young but are going to be a really fun squad to watch this year.

Don't think there's much to take out of this one. Playing **** rotations won't bring many positive results, especially when they're not playing with maximum effort.

Also, Kanter was awful.

We all know we lost because Burke, Favors, and Hayward were out and it was their 3rd game in 4 nights. But everybody is going to be like, Oh my God the Lakers are back they came back from 20 down, playoffs! Jazz suck.

It's so annoying.

Yep, my blood is already boiling. Can't wait to see all the Laker highlights.

Horrific second half. Even Gobert was invisible.

What did you expect without Burke, Favors and Hayward - key cogs to Jazz success. Tonight was a good experience for the younger guys. Obviously Burks will have more space when Burke, Hayward and Favors are all on the court as well. I thought tonight was fine given how good we looked in the second half.

All that came out of the second half is that Exum, Hood, Gobert are all still raw and will be up and down-ish, and that Novak will have trouble guarding big guys in the post. Both things we all knew going in.

glad we lost this one, honestly.

Lol @ them bringing Kobe back in it midway through the 4th.

Yeah, it's definitely not. He definitely breaks the offense more than anyone else and goes "rouge" (shout out to my boy Riggs), which can be a good thing, but I think the offense ran way better for the starters with Hood instead of Burks.

Can Burks learn to control when he goes solo to where he pick his spots to maximize our offensive efficiency? Maybe, but if I had to bet, he won't. I think he is a 6th man in this league. He is a ridiculous scorer going to the rim, but I don't see him having the calming/positive effect on the other 4 guys like Hayward/Burke/ have, and like think Exum will eventually have.
You must have missed the first couple of games this year and the first half of this game.

The offense has looked fantastic every time that burks has been on the floor with the starters.

It did look bad when Burks was playing with the bench players though.

You must have missed the first couple of games this year and the first half of this game.

The offense has looked fantastic every time that burks has been on the floor with the starters.

It did look bad when Burks was playing with the bench players though.

Our offense with starers has looked good every game. It has looked better without Burks so far, small sample size, but it is what it is.

The ball movement has been much crisper without Burks in the game and plugging in Hood instead.

Like I said, small sample size and Burks can learn how to play within the offense more, but right now, it has looked better with Hood.