What's new

Preseason Game #6: Jazz visits LA @7:30 PM on ROOT

glad we lost this one, honestly.

Lol @ them bringing Kobe back in it midway through the 4th.

868080434.0.gif

I s'pose this is how Blazers fans must've felt when we did the same thing to them in Portland.

Our offense with starers has looked good every game.

I agree.

I think that the starters offense in todays first half, and the Portland games looked as good as it has at any time so far.

I definitely thought the offense looked at its worst with Burks running things with the bench.

In conclusion. The offense looks terrific with a lineup of trey, alec, Hayward, kanter, favors and with exum, burks, Hayward, kanter, favors.
It looks horrible with Clarke, burks, jones/hood/felix, novak/evans, gobert/kanter.

So if that screams burks needs to come off the bench to you, then im good with that.

I'm afraid we will see many games as horrific as this one this year.

O-v-e-r-re-a-c-t-i-o-n!!! Glad to see most of you are putting this in perspective. Knew some would not and go overboard. Past seasons in this situation we would have lost by 25. It is true that most of our front line players were not being used and i applaud coach Q for sticking with his plan. Lessons to be learned from this, so i hope Derrick, Gordon and Trey were watching close and learned that this is what happens when you relax and start coasting. You could see the Laker defense start to stiffen and the effort level rise and the Jazz simply did not respond until the they were behind. Been waiting for this situation to arise and see how the response was. Tepid would be my assessment although we didn't have our three best (?) players on the floor. So not really demoralizing. Edgewriter and his ilk need to not be so reactionary.

I agree.

I think that the starters offense in todays first half, and the Portland games looked as good as it has at any time so far.

I definitely thought the offense looked at its worst with Burks running things the bench.

In conclusion. The offense looks terrific with a lineup of trey, alec, Hayward, kanter, favors and with exum, burks, Hayward, kanter, favors.
It looks horrible with Clarke, burks, jones/hood/felix, novak/evans, gobert/kanter.

So if that screams burks needs to come off the bench to you, then im good with that.

Please don't edit out the important part of my post that says I think the offense has looked better in games without Burks and then say you agree with it.

O-v-e-r-re-a-c-t-i-o-n!!! Glad to see most of you are putting this in perspective. Knew some would not and go overboard. Past seasons in this situation we would have lost by 25. It is true that most of our front line players were not being used and i applaud coach Q for sticking with his plan. Lessons to be learned from this, so i hope Derrick, Gordon and Trey were watching close and learned that this is what happens when you relax and start coasting. You could see the Laker defense start to stiffen and the effort level rise and the Jazz simply did not respond until the they were behind. Been waiting for this situation to arise and see how the response was. Tepid would be my assessment although we didn't have our three best (?) players on the floor. So not really demoralizing. Edgewriter and his ilk need to not be so reactionary.

IT does show a major flaw in our big man depth though. Booker goes out and we are forced to play Kanter or Novak too much and it exposes our defense.

Please don't edit out the important part of my post that says I think the offense has looked better in games without Burks and then say you agree with it.
I said that I agree that the starters have looked good in every game. I do.
Sorry?

I said that I agree that the starters have looked good in every game. I do.
Sorry?

The post you quoted of mine said this:

Our offense with starers has looked good every game. It has looked better without Burks so far, small sample size, but it is what it is.

The ball movement has been much crisper without Burks in the game and plugging in Hood instead.

Like I said, small sample size and Burks can learn how to play within the offense more, but right now, it has looked better with Hood

You deleted part of it and just quoted this:

Our offense with starers has looked good every game.

And said you agreed with it, making it seem like I think the offense has been on the same level of good every game, when it hasn't, it has been better without Burks, which I think has been pretty obvious.

making it seem like I think the offense has been on the same level of good every game.

Sorry it "seemed" that way.

I was simply saying that I agree with your statement that the starters have been good every game. Then i put a few spaces underneath me saying that i agree and started a new paragraph talking about how i feel.... Which is that i think its weird to come to the conclusion that the team is better off with burks on the bench when so far this year under quin Snyder the team has played great when burks has been with the starters but played horribly when burks has been with the bench.

I think that the offense has looked amazing with burks playing alongside the starters and horrible with him playing alongside the bench. that's all.
agree to disagree i guess.

Wait.. so we lost to the 'embarrassingly awful' lakers that will likely 'not win a regular season WCC game?'

Lol

And said you agreed with it, making it seem like I think the offense has been on the same level of good every game, when it hasn't, it has been better without Burks, which I think has been pretty obvious.

We've only seen one game and a quarter with Burks in the offense. Therefore I do not accept your evaluation of the team.

We've only seen one game and a quarter with Burks in the offense. Therefore I do not accept your evaluation of the team.

And during that time the offense has been amazing. What was the score at the end of the first quarter tonight? The same quarter that burks didn't miss a single shot, while taking advantage of playing with better teammates.
Then while playing with inferior teammates he began to struggle.

And the Portland game we won by 19 with burks leading the team in minutes.

I have noticed that when burks plays with Hayward and favors he doesn't force shots up as much and takes much better shots.... therefore shooting a higher percentage and playing more under control.

When he plays with bench players he feels the need to force shots and be the man and has a worse shot selection.

And during that time the offense has been amazing. What was the score at the end of the first quarter tonight? The same quarter that burks didn't miss a single shot, while taking advantage of playing with better teammates.

I have noticed that when burks plays with Hayward and favors he doesn't force shots up as much and takes much better shots.... therefore shooting a higher percentage and playing more under control.

When he plays with bench players he feels the need to force shots and be the man and has a worse shot selection.

The 1st game the Blazer's weren't trying at all.

This game was vs. the Lakers, who have most of their starting lineup injured and are the Lakers.

The offense still looked better with Hood going vs. a full effort Clippers team.

The 1st game the Blazer's weren't trying at all.

This game was vs. the Lakers, who have most of their starting lineup injured and are the Lakers.
I agree with that.

Still have not seen the starters suffer due to Burks playing with them though. Quite the opposite. I'm excited to see this team healthy and ready to go in the regular season!

It's what happens when you play the UK product Enes Kanter big minutes

Oh goodie.. back to the coach's fault thingy.

and lol at bringing up UK.. cuz there's no chance UK would get an ounce of credit if he started turning out 20/12 games.

From 2 days ago

Hayward should not start at the 2. Exum needs Haywards help not necessarily Burks. I think we will see quin run the rotations so that exum does play a lot of his time with Hayward. Hood also complements Exum's game well. A Burks and Exum back court would have defenses just clog the lane. 2 penetrators whos shooting isn't where it needs to be. Lastly Burks is a good fit for Burke and Hayward. He is going to draw an athletic quick defender which will give the other 2 better matchups.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?33079-Will-Hood-be-starting&p=916888&viewfull=1#post916888

Ya, burke, burks, hayward are a very good 1,2,3 punch and compliment each other pretty well.... as long as Burks doesn't chuck. (Which he has not so far when playing with those guys).

Also hood starting would get killed on the defensive end, mostly due to refs not giving him any help at all

I don't think Hood would get "killed" on the defensive end. Might struggle due to the reason you cited, sure, but killed is a bit harsh. He's had nothing but incredibly difficult assignments thus far this preseason.

I don't think Hood would get "killed" on the defensive end. Might struggle due to the reason you cited, sure, but killed is a bit harsh. He's had nothing but incredibly difficult assignments thus far this preseason.
Killed was probably harsh.... but I mainly said that because the refs will screw him over. He fouled out so fast last game