What's new

Protestors storm capital

Qanon going nuts right now. Claiming that Marshall law about to be declared keeping Trump in power.
Apparently the My Pillow guy is calling for trump to declare Marshall law

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

His pillows are not great... I’m just saying I’m not sure how this moron got so much money making an average *** pillow.
His 70s style polyester shirts half way unbuttoned with a cheesy gold cross tickling his chest hair must do it for some people. I'm not gonna say it's a boomer thing, but it's a boomer thing. Just like supporting Trump. All part of the same ecosystem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

“bUt AnTiFa!”

I really hope our government starts breaking white right wing terrorists and their social networks. It’s time. We aren’t safe with these loons running rampant through our communities.

Is that Frank Marshall the chess player or George Marshall the WWII hero?

The military rank is "marshal".

The military taking over the civilian section is "martial law".
Nah man, they believe Eminem is going to take over for Billy Barr.

“A big lie is a lie which is big enough that it tears the fabric of reality”

A big lie has singular potency, says Timothy Snyder, the Levin Professor of History at Yale University, whose books include studies of Hitler, Josef Stalin, the Holocaust and tyranny.

"There are lies that, if you believe in them, rearrange everything," he says.

"Hannah Arendt, the political thinker, talked about the fabric of reality," Snyder says. "And a big lie is a lie which is big enough that it tears the fabric of reality."

In his cover story for The New York Times Magazine this week, Snyder calls Trump "the high priest of the big lie."

As for where big lies lead, Snyder writes: "Post-truth is pre-fascism, and Trump has been our post-truth president."

"When I say pre-fascism, I mean when you take away facts, you're opening the way for something else," Snyder tells NPR. "You're opening the way for someone who says 'I am the truth. I am your voice,' to quote Mr. Trump — which is something that fascists said, as a matter of fact. The three-word chants, the idea that the press are the enemy of the people: These are all fascist concepts."

"It doesn't mean that Trump is quite a fascist himself," Snyder adds. "Imagine what comes after that, right? Imagine if the big lie continues. Imagine if there's someone who's more skillful in using it than he is. Then we're starting to move into clearly fascist territory."

Last edited:
@The Thriller, the Timothy Snyder essay linked at the above NPR article, is an excellent analysis of our current state. I was out of free reads, but found a way to access it. I know you appreciate Snyder as much as I do, and I recommend to anyone wishing to better understand where we are, and where we may be going....

“The claim that Trump was denied a win by fraud is a big lie not just because it mauls logic, misdescribes the present, and demands belief in a conspiracy. This is a big lie, fundamentally, because it reverses the normal field of American politics and the basic structure of American history”—-Timothy Snyder

Look, I don't care about it, really. But you're being annoying, simply put.

I did a quick search. Thriller has mentioned your name once in this thread - Maybe he's referenced you by using a nickname or something, whatever. But he has included the string "archie" in a single post in this thread. Whereas you have said "thriller" 4 times. Again, I don't care enough to really go through and reread everything. I'm just saying that if you're annoying me and looking like a three inch fool to me, you may well be looking like that to others. If you care, you care, if not, whatever.

Well, it's annoying af to have someone who has you on ignore to countinuesly call you racists and alt right. Like I said in my last post, he referenced me 3 times before I said anything. So if you're annoyed by that or if saying something makes me look like a 3 inch fool then so be it.

I have different opinions than some on here. Hell, I've had many wrong opinions too. But what's the point of lumping me in with people I despise and condemn other than to troll me?

To me, it's the whole thing wrong with politics. The whole mentality of you're either with or against me, good or evil, share my views or you're a radical.

The fact of the matter is, there are some people who post on here that short circuit when they see something they wouldn't post. I posted about that John Sullivan guy and clearly said it was shocking, surprising and he represented a minority of people at the protests. When certain people saw this, they again called me alt right and said I was posting an alt right agenda. Then they act like I was coming for them when I respond. It's annoying, dude.

You can feel free to put me on ignore if it bothers you I respond to that.

Well, it's annoying af to have someone who has you on ignore to countinuesly call you racists and alt right. Like I said in my last post, he referenced me 3 times before I said anything. So if you're annoyed by that or if saying something makes me look like a 3 inch fool then so be it.

I have different opinions than some on here. Hell, I've had many wrong opinions too. But what's the point of lumping me in with people I despise and condemn other than to troll me?

To me, it's the whole thing wrong with politics. The whole mentality of you're either with or against me, good or evil, share my views or you're a radical.

The fact of the matter is, there are some people who post on here that short circuit when they see something they wouldn't post. I posted about that John Sullivan guy and clearly said it was shocking, surprising and he represented a minority of people at the protests. When certain people saw this, they again called me alt right and said I was posting an alt right agenda. Then they act like I was coming for them when I respond. It's annoying, dude.

You can feel free to put me on ignore if it bothers you I respond to that.
I don't understand why you feel the need to defend against these statements so much.

And this is not an invitation for you to explain why, just so that I'm clear.

My suggestion would be for you not to worry about it and post what you want to post without the distraction of defending against personal attacks more than making the point you're trying to make.

"It doesn't mean that Trump is quite a fascist himself," Snyder adds. "Imagine what comes after that, right? Imagine if the big lie continues. Imagine if there's someone who's more skillful in using it than he is. Then we're starting to move into clearly fascist territory."
The saving grace is that the only thing behind Trumpism is Donald Trump.

The notion that Hawley or Cruz will just slide into his station while maintaining his constituency is probably a pipe dream for the two of them. Plus Trump is such a narcissist he'd probably blow up his own movement before handing it over to someone else - including his sons.

The notion that Hawley or Cruz will just slide into his station while maintaining his constituency is probably a pipe dream for the two of them. Plus Trump is such a narcissist he'd probably blow up his own movement before handing it over to someone else - including his sons.
If you need any evidence of that just look at his statements when Martha Stewart did a season of "The Apprentice."

It's been so clear for so long how big of a narcissistic jackass he is.

This was recorded at a pro-Trump protest in November. I’m not familiar with the musician, but, as he says “this goes beyond Trump”. And I don’t think the point of view he expresses is going away anytime soon. (BTW, he has become one of those arrested for the Jan. 6th insurrection). But I think he did a decent job of describing a belief that preceded Trump, and that will survive Trump. I think it’s a belief system that babe would be very comfortable with. I am certain that there were many beliefs floating around within the Jan. 6th mob. Not a monolithic block of thought, or people, though the cult of Trump, and the cult of QAnon dominated. But I do believe we will have an insurgency on our hands, because what happened is likely seen as a success to guys like this. And, really, I think Snyder is just warning us that a more competent populist may be our future. One reason why the instigators in Congress and the mob must be held to account, and pay a heavy price.

This was recorded at a pro-Trump protest in November. I’m not familiar with the musician, but, as he says “this goes beyond Trump”. And I don’t think the point of view he expresses is going away anytime soon. (BTW, he has become one of those arrested for the Jan. 6th insurrection). But I think he did a decent job of describing a belief that preceded Trump, and that will survive Trump. I think it’s a belief system that babe would be very comfortable with. I am certain that there were many beliefs floating around within the Jan. 6th mob. Not a monolithic block of thought, or people, though the cult of Trump, and the cult of QAnon dominated. But I do believe we will have an insurgency on our hands, because what happened is likely seen as a success to guys like this. And, really, I think Snyder is just warning us that a more competent populist may be our future. One reason why the instigators in Congress and the mob must be held to account, and pay a heavy price.

I've gone back and forth on this and I do think you're right, at least in the short term, it seems more than likely we're going to see some horrible stuff in the next few months - but I question "Trumpism" as a long term movement simply because we're 10+ years in since the "birther movement" and where are the other super popular "Trumps?" Donald Trump is an amalgamation of so many different things to many different people that it will be impossible to mass produce him like evangelicals or Tea Party pukes.

I have no reason to be over optimistic, these people aren't just going to go away - but most cults die when they cut the head off the snake.

Is that Frank Marshall the chess player or George Marshall the WWII hero?

The military rank is "marshal".

The military taking over the civilian section is "martial law".

Are there martians who passed this law?

I’d like to blame autocorrect but likely just a brain fart. thanks for correcting.