What's new

Questions about this site

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
I already know I'll have to wade through the sarcastic replies, got my thick skin on ..

1) Are "Reps" just given mainly when a 'good' post is made? Pretty much a 'like' button?
2) What are the green bars (or in my case bar) under Senior Member?

Always wondered, but dared not ask.

Everyone of them already is .. either positive or negative. Won't be much different next year either. It's all cyclical though ..

I was a Jazz fan before this draft, fwiw.

I usually give positive rep for something funny, or if someone really makes a good point. I give negative rep when someone just says something extremely idiotic. For example: People who think we should only be looking at SF instead of SG/SF because we already have Hayward and he is destined to only be a SG.

I already know I'll have to wade through the sarcastic replies, got my thick skin on ..

1) Are "Reps" just given mainly when a 'good' post is made? Pretty much a 'like' button?
2) What are the green bars (or in my case bar) under Senior Member?

Always wondered, but dared not ask.

People around here give both positive and negative rep. However, negative rep is less common now that the system tells you who gave it to you and it is no longer anonymous. As for the number of green bars, I'm not sure, but I assumed it was based on how many posts you've made.

Is there any way to check your comments besides looking at every post individually (regarding rep comments)?

I think the bars gauge how much positive/negative rep you've been given. I think if you have one bar you are between 1-100 rep points, if you have two bars you are between 100-200 rep points. I could be wrong, but that's just what I've thought.

People around here give both positive and negative rep. However, negative rep is less common now that the system tells you who gave it to you and it is no longer anonymous. As for the number of green bars, I'm not sure, but I assumed it was based on how many posts you've made.

I still give negative rep just as much. It's lame though I can't sign them anonymously as George Bush or President Obama anymore, or make fun of Archie's mom anonymously, but I still do it.

Also, if a player with a high rep reps you, you get more rep. If someone who has zero rep power rep you, you get nothing.

Yeah I havent really understood this to? I see I have 2 green bars but didn't know what they meant and I was wondering how many reps you need to advance to the next rep power. Im at 133 + rep and have a +1 rep power. do you get a +2 rep power at 200? But I to just didn't want to ask. And do you get rep points for teh amount of posts you have to? Like at 500 post you get another Plus point?

Feel free to move if appropriate. Appreciate all the feedback.

Also, Dwill_PwnasaurasRex, I agree about the drafting of a SF / Hayward thing. I asked the same question a while back ..

No, I have 174 rep points, but I have 5 rep power. I'm guessing it a mix of # of post and rep points.

Rep power also factors in how long you've been a member.
The bars I believe go from 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 700.... etc... colton or Log or someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this.
I don't think post count factors in much to the equation.
If you hover over the bars you will see a title, sortof, based on the amount of rep you have...see Moe's thread in the general forum.
When you get repped by someone you get the positive or negative rep based on their rep power so a pos rep from Log is worth double that of PwnasaurasRex for example.

If you go to community, then members you can see the rep of all of the members.
You can sort it by rep, or name, or whatever if you are nosy.

Did I cover it all? Cmon people look around the site to figure this stuff out.

Rep power also factors in how long you've been a member.
The bars I believe go from 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 700.... etc... colton or Log or someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this.
I don't think post count factors in much to the equation.
If you hover over the bars you will see a title, sortof, based on the amount of rep you have...see Moe's thread in the general forum.
When you get repped by someone you get the positive or negative rep based on their rep power so a pos rep from Log is worth double that of PwnasaurasRex for example.

If you go to community, then members you can see the rep of all of the members.
You can sort it by rep, or name, or whatever if you are nosy.

Did I cover it all? Cmon people look around the site to figure this stuff out.

Lol thanks