What's new

Questions about this site

So why does the number of days, you have been a member mean more, then your total number of Rep points readers have given you?

It doesn't. Most people (at the high end of reputation scale, anyway) get more rep power points through their reputation than they do through their number of days.

I am not trying to nit pick. But the changes to the rep system are far more annoying than having members having tons of power. I have never cared a great deal about rep power or rep. However everytime it changes I care even less.

I mostly leave rep to prop up a post I agree with or to give a statement to the person by leaving the rep. I check my rep to see what type of posts are liked by the board and to see who agrees with me. I think it would be far more interesting and helpful if the rep power of everybody on the board was a 1 and that it never changed. Maybe with a way to earn the power so every brand new poster did not automatically get rep.

Anyway mostly just suggestion. I think the rep was an interesting add to the board.

This may be the wrong place to put this but it would also be interesting to me to see the rep made public below the post. Even if it's just a count of + and -. With rep power not being effected it would be almost like having a poll on every post. Probably not possible but it would be interesting.