What's new

Quin Snyder is the new coach

You are right; that isn't sleaze, that's compassion. The NCAA: Where good Samaritans become road kill.

And not to totally dismiss his violations, there was a small cash gift made by one of his assistants (the $250). The NCAA WAS appropriate in handing down sanctions. It was a lack of institutional control at Mizzou. I'll call it naivete by Snyder. He came from Duke and Coach K, where the basketball program, at least, has always been squeaky clean. Coach K hardly needs to recruit...everyone WANTS to play for him.

What I like about Snyder is he took 1 1/2 years off, decided he STILL wanted to coach basketball instead of practicing law, then humbled himself and went to coach in the D-League. From a rising "star" in college coaching to making a small fraction of his previous salary. He's also gone through some personal turmoil in terms of a divorce, which was finalized right before he began coaching in the D-League. I'm sure problems arose during his Mizzou period if that's the case. I know when I went through marital problems and an eventual divorce, I was a mental mess. Buckled down and finished my current semester, but then took a couple years off school. I just couldn't focus and went through some tough periods emotionally.

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/media/multimedia/2008/pages/quin/story.html

Last edited:
Anti-Quinn douchbags already coming out the woodworks. It'll be fun watching y'all cry through the rough patches next season. It's almost guaranteed to be another **** of a year.

And not to totally dismiss his violations, there was a small cash gift made by one of his assistants (the $250). The NCAA WAS appropriate in handing down sanctions. It was a lack of institutional control at Mizzou. I'll call it naivete by Snyder. He came from Duke and Coach K, where the basketball program, at least, has always been squeaky clean. Coach K hardly needs to recruit...everyone WANTS to play for him.

And to think you call Snyder naive.

There's no such thing as a squeaky clean program in the NCAA, they don't exist.

/maybe BYU, but who gives a **** about BYU?

I kind of actually dig Quin's mannerisms. You get the hint that he might just break a clipboard in half and stab an opposing player in the neck if the situation presents itself.

Gotta love it. Right when it goes to Quin it blue screens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some dumbass kid can stream himself playing Halo in his parents basement just for the hell of it yet the Utah Jazz organization can't put together a competent live feed in one of the bigger moments in the team's history.

Worked for about 2 minutes then dead again. This is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recap:

27491ff9a.jpg

Attachments

• 27491ff9a.jpg
    27491ff9a.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 11
For the record when Quin's name came up weeks ago the only thing I vaguely remembered was is Mizzou issues and wasn't happy all that much but like most started looking up and reading more about him and he does have a good resume and is very well educated. However to me he just didn't look like a Utah Jazz guy and like someone else mentioned he was somewhat like Missou's version of Boylen and that actually warmed me up to Boylen's name thinking if I could over look Snyder's why couldn't I over look Boylen's and get past my emotions about him.

In a nut shell Snyder is a offensive coach and Boylen is the defensive coach but what tips the edge to Snyder maybe his education and how he's seemingly bounced back and handled that adversity and turmoil in his life.

Just wanted to add one more thing I'm okay with this choice but if he could get Mussina as his asst coach then I'd be ecstatic.