What's new

Quotes from around the league on Korver's Privileged article

Think what you want. I was simply posting what I'd read. I wasnt posting an "argument", I just found it interesting. There is nothing to "prove" so you can straw man all you want. And if you don't want to Google it that's on you. I don't care.

And I didn't find it logical, so I responded to it. Features don't just average out. You wouldn't eventually get a global population with homogeneous green eye color and reddish brown hair, or whatever. You'd get a global distribution of features we currently attribute to certain groups. Just how it's always happened throughout history.

I don't know why that's so upsetting.

Here you go. This isn't the original I read but it's close enough. Argue with this guy asshats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.li...mans-eventually-all-look-like-brazilians.html

Read it. More of an article on a blog than a study. And I don't disagree with anything in it. If everyone mixed up, you'd get all human attributes expressed globally at the level you'd expect from how dominant/recessive the gene is. And you'd have a new skin average, with variation around it. Not everyone would look the same. And not everyone looks the same in Brazil.

i.e. It would NOT stop racism. The whole thing assumes the existence of race to begin with. Since that it is not the case, this eventual future population can still be prejudiced against those with red hair or long noses or whatever. They can make their arbitrary groupings, just like we make our own.

Read it. More of an article on a blog than a study. And I don't disagree with anything in it. If everyone mixed up, you'd get all human attributes expressed globally at the level you'd expect from how dominant/recessive the gene is. And you'd have a new skin average, with variation around it. Not everyone would look the same. And not everyone looks the same in Brazil.
Whatever you say bro. Like I said you can email that guy with all your superior knowledge on the subject. I just found it interesting. Not sure why you continue to argue it, but you tilt at that windmill Don.

Whatever you say bro. Like I said you can email that guy with all your superior knowledge on the subject. I just found it interesting. Not sure why you continue to argue it, but you tilt at that windmill Don.

You're misunderstanding the article. Maybe you need to email him asking for a simplified version.

So many golden replies here. Thanks JA

"Celtics- All you have to do is read the replies to this thread to partially understand why articles like this in 2019 are still relevant."

This right here hit pretty close to home as I read through the Jazzfanz thread after work today. We have a lot of work to do people.

"Mavs- As a german citizen, this hit me the most:

"As white people, are we guilty for the sins of our forefathers? No, I don’t think so.

But are we responsible for them? Yes, I believe we are."

This was taught to us in school about our country's past. Great to see this being brought up by Kyle, too. Avoiding responsibility makes you a part of the problem. It's as simple as that."

This reminded me of an experience I had while stationed in Germany in the 1980s. We stopped for the night in the black forest in a 'Zimmer Frei', kind of like a forerunner of 'Air BnB'. We stayed in a beautiful house, welcomed by the son of the house, as it was late and everyone else was in bed. In the morning we got the kids up, and went out in the living room for a continental breakfast. The living room was filled with photos of WWII era German soldiers in full Nazi uniform, presumably pictures of loved ones lost during the war. The woman of the house, an older lady, made it plain that were not welcome through her looks and complaints in German, which I'm sure she assumed we did not understand. The son apologized, and mumbled something about "the older generation just does not get it". We paid up and split without the breakfast.

Clearly this Mavs fan gets it. We are part of the solution, or we are part of the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
You're misunderstanding the article. Maybe you need to email him asking for a simplified version.
Like I also said, I originally read a study report on it. I just found that one as the first option on Google since you were too lazy to Google it yourself. Go digging I'm sure you can find the original. You seem very vested in this whereas I've made it clear I don't care, I just found the concept interesting. You can come to any conclusion you want. You are exclusively arguing straw men at this point and looking rather foolish at that. But you do you.

I'm really proud of the way the organization as a whole has responded to this. Everyone knows that the Utah crowd has a reputation for being racist. and its clearly evident that the organization is making a strong statement that racism is unacceptable.
Gail didn't have to make that amazingly heartfelt speech at the next home game
and Korver didn't have to put out this players tribune article.
But they both did and it speaks wonders to what this organization truly is from top to bottom.

I've never had an issue with the Nuggets or their fans. But I so love reading their comments about DM and Rudy. Very surprised they didn't mention how we got Rudy from them as well as DM. Still shocked and amazed at how little it took to get DM from the Nuggets.
What do you think the odds are we ever make a trade in the draft with the nuggets in the next 10 years?