Quotes from Blazers' forums-"Unstoppable force meets malleable object"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
Pre Game

What you need for a poll question: who will disappoint us tonight? Dame, CJ, or both.

I am so sick of people claiming nothing is wrong with Dame. 20 games in and he has had more bad games than he usually has in an entire season. It's bad when you hope your star player is hurt, because the alternatives are much worse.

How terrible would it be to just sit dame for the rest of the year, let him get surgery or whatever to get him back to 100%? I would wager the team would still end up being 40 and 40 in the end. There is ZERO chance to make it out of the first round. To fight tooth and nail to get into the play-in and kill Dame in the process...is it really worth it?

This is a guy who would regularly drop 40, and a 50 point game you don't even blink. Now he can't even muster 30. This ain't right.

rudy gobert is in for a nurk experience

At this point a road win might be less likely than my wife coming back

Bro I hate Utah.

Will be happy if we can keep this close for four quarters. A win would be a welcome surprise

No.1 Offensive rating vs No.28 defensive rating

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Who does Quin Snyder's hair? Al Pacino?

Idk Quin has big Green Goblin energy

This has *** beating written all over it.

Well I picked the Jazz to win it all but I also picked this to be our second road win. Cmon Blazers win one you’re not supposed to. Cmon Dame don’t suck.

The Jazz have lost 4 of there last 6 games at home and turnovers have been a problem for them this year. Keep Bogey and Clarkson from having a big game and we have a chance.

Jinglin Joe always plays good against us.

Portland has NEVER had an answer for Ingles in PnR it feels like. He knows exactly how to pick us apart.

The Blazers all time record in Utah is 23-75. Doesn’t it feel like no matter who plays for the Jazz they always do good against us. I still remember the game Mark Eaton had 13 block shots against us.

Had a dream last night that I got stuck at work and missed this game, which sucks because Dame scored 133 pts. I don’t remember if we won. Probably not.

Jazz offensive rank: 1

Jazz defensive rank: 8

Jazz record this season: 13-7

Blazers TOs this season: 13.7

Coincidence?!

So who’s Utah’s 8th man who’s gonna get 17 points off of 4/5 from downtown, a coupla layups after blowing by our guards, including an And 1?

1st Half

Might wanna guard Gobert Nurk

Blazers shooting a blistering 25%! Screw it, I have better things to do.

Hard to believe we have a top 4 offense.

Well, our guards are too small but they are bigger than Utah's so Utah must be below us in the standings right?

Dame passing on a layup to throw a pass to Bosnian Butterfingers....

One turnover per possession isn’t sustainable

Dear lord please no more turnovers

gobert goaltending vietnam flashbacks

STOP TRYING TO EURO NURKIC GOD DAMN IT ****... WHY??

3 plays in a row Rudy goes right to the rim

How is 7 foot something Rudy Gobert sneaking past us every time like a sneaky snake

Gobert just eating.

Lol this pick and roll defense is comical

We help so ****ing hard on every screen. Never fight through it. It kills us on defense every time. Idk why we keep trying it

Don’t try to iso against the best defender in the nba plz

It's literally hilarious watching Dame and Cj especially running into screens as if they hit a brick wall and there's no way around

Oh no, not this guy. Forgot Gay was on this team.

I feel like our main weakness is recognizing what we are seeing on the court on both ends. We do not see potential places to pressure the defense and get guys open and we do not see potential weaknesses where we might need to help on D. Blazers just do what they do regardless of what they see in front of them. Helping when it isnt needed and not exploiting bad positioning and other such BS. We let the other team get away with mistakes....

Whiteside just pulled some Mortal Kombat stunt over Zeller lol

Still makes me sad knowing we could’ve had Mitchell but went with Collins instead.

Please don't let us get Jingled

Jazz head coach looks like a Bond villain lol

Most of the season I feel like that snowman looks in the commercial right now

jesus picked the **** a part by Conley

Jesus Christ why does it feel like every other player in the NBA can pretty much always hit an uncontested 3, but our guys shoot like 19% on them

We're playing competitive basketball with one of the best teams in the West without one of our starters. I'll take it.

Quin Snyder is winning this game and he still looks like he will kill me and my entire family if I do not cooperate.

He has a particular set of skills.

We really gonna be NBA Jammed with these lobs happening

missing gimmes while gogurt is ooping theirs

Are Rudy Gay and Trevor Ariza competing for who can play for the most teams?

A 7 foot tall guy stands under the basket waiting for the inevitable pass for the dunk... meanwhile, no Blazer defender feels that is necessary to be within 8 feet of him.

I turned away for a second...how did Gobert get that last dunk with no one around?!?

Jazz play by play: Joe Ingles is like Nyquil

Absolutely no excuse for CJ leaving Clarkson open for the three. I know all his coaches have told him to stop overhelping!

Is Nurk even trying tonite against Gobert? He just watched him dunk that lob.

Watching our guys play is no walk in the park either way.

Okay, even I'm starting to get annoyed with Lillard complaining about a lack of fouls everytime down the floor. And that's saying something.

Can somebody just take a charge when Gobert is rolling to basket?

Well at least I got Gobert on my fantasy team

Another Center who dominates Nurkic

Damn Rudy Gay shoots a lot

Rudy Dunk-a-Thon Gobert

Gobert is killing us

The Jazz are whacking us right in the Nooksack.

Pretty passing by the Jazz

2nd Half

this is a winnable game barring some crazy run from the utah jazz

****ing dame.. sit down so we can tank it ****

mitchell taking over like dame always did

Bad misses from three but jazz don’t exactly look like they are putting together enough to really run away with this game. Let’s be positive in here and get our second road win! Go Rip City!

Well, it’s closer at the half than I feared it could be. Utah is getting what seems like so many uncontested shots but that’s probably just my PTSD from last year kicking in

The easiest lobs I’ve ever seen. Team is awful defensively.

Again a big switching and being stranded at the top of the key. I’m counting 22 points from that.

7 foot big man getting exclusively covered by our 6’3 guards, nice

At this point we should trade CJ for a washing machine. fresh smelling jerseys could help this team more then Cj

Might as well just throw up the post game thread now so we can all talk about trading CJ and Roco

Wow that was the epitome of our season. Opponent plays an incredible possession with pin point passing and off all movement to lead to the layup, and we shank an early shot clock contested 3

There goes Gobert with another big balls ceremony. Smh...

Two missed rotations from Roco there that lead to Ingles 3s

Why is Ant always left to deal with Gobert?!????

we 1-10 away from home i aint even sad anymore **** is just funny now

im no nba coach but i dont think guards should be switching to gobert

Pretty sure I saw the jazz mascot passed out on Burnside last week

Man I haven't seen 1 good play from Snell all season.

I've really wanted to like him for us, but we seem to be getting 0/0/0/0/0 snell more than 50/50/90 snell

What's it called where the seasonal weather causes depression? That could be us but road trips instead...

The music they play during the Jazz broadcast would make you think the majority of Utahns are from inner city LA. The music ****ing sucks btw.

If you don't love this, you don't love Blazers basketball

The Jazz are just playing better basketball. The Blazers seem incapable of the kind of offense Utah plays.

this game is over. they're just on a different level.

i don’t want to blow things out of proportion here but i am really tired of this overwhelming sensation of anger and disgust on the road

I just switched over from the Seahawks game because they were playing with no offense. I'm sure this blazer game won't let me down too /s

We have like 8 points in missed dunks this game... :(

I wish we draft Rudy Gobert and other picks we trade away…. Thanks Neil

Trading missed dunks for open 3s

And here comes the blow out. Maybe that's what its going to take for Billups to do something.

We have to be in one of the worst positions for both the present and the future. No hope for today. No hope for the future.

My goodness this is gruesome

They have CJ guarding Rudy. Like, this is just laughably bad now.

Is anyone going to bother getting within 20' of Mitchell?

Because our guards sure as hell haven't even tried to this evening.

We need to perfect that faux turnover play it’s the only way we get an open shot.

16-4 run by the Jazz since the last timeout.

I’m not panicking… I’m not panicking… I’m not panicking…

confirmed no natural born Utahn has ever attempted a turnaround fadeaway jumper

CJ with the pass (third sign of the apocalypse for those counting) and then back with the jumper!

Jazz hitting all their threes and we just keep letting them get them wide open

Please god let them miss a three, this is ridiculous

I just can’t imagine what it would feel like to have a shooter like KD on our team. Someone who when the ball leaves their hands, you’re pretty sure it’s going in. I literally cringe every time we shoot, our team inspires zero confidence

Wow. I ****ing LOVE seeing TikTok highlights of the opposing team on our home team stream. That’s ****ing SICK!!!

I know I'm just being emotional, but I'm fed up with being ***. Fire the whole damn organization and rebuild from the ground up...except Dame

Clarkson hit that last 3 because Cj left ingles open so clarksons man (nassir) had to help. This whole game (among others) is a case study in why this team DOES NOT need CJ and would be better served with a wing who was even half as good as Cj.

Why do they slap butts. That’s weird

blazers aren't gonna win with dame scoring 11

Someone like Conley can fix a ton of our problems

Damn its over Gobert dominated us

Wow Mitchell laughing at the Blazers

Damn Rudy Gay shoots ever single time he touches it lol

Mitchell absolutely destroying the blazers

We're making Gobert look like Wilt

The only reason I watch this ****** team is laying on the floor in pain

Utah could front blazers a 10 pt lead right now and still win the game

Joe Ingles always kills the Blazers.
Dude averages like 7 points a game until he sees the pinwheel.

Theyre literally scoring every single ****ing possession.

That was a lot of threes lol

Clarkson, lol. Saw a sistah trying to pin a white baby on this big Nigerian guy on Maury today. There was less of a chance of that shot going in than of him being the father

No defense that quarter we gave up 41 points.

this wont work, utah jazz can shoot and make 3-pointers all game long

This team is a struggle to watch

At times the jazz aren't even penatrating to break down the D. It's just two passes around the perimeter and a wide open corner three.

Gobert's arms just go for days... So long!

It's like I'm watching Lillard's cousin. This is no fun.

I wished our guy’s embraced each other like that.

Lillard should rest for a month. I was never as big a fan as some with the crazy ISO scoring, but I at least appreciated how great a scorer Lilllard was. But this version is becoming really, really tough to watch.

Utah continue to be the model small-market team. I envy them.

This loss was expected and the Blazers not being competitive was expected. That should be concerning.

Dame is being used as a human turnstile out there if he's going to be playing off ball most possessions. I think that experiment has run its course.

Post Game

Just when I thought the season couldn't get any worse… we are reminded that it very easily can.

I like Donovan’s game compared to Dame, doesn’t just rely on 3’s

When we lost that lead, I felt like that girl in the commercial felt when the zoomer filth smashed her snowman like a rainbow haired art student

I never understood the whiteside slander when he played for us. Miles better than Nurk in almost every category.

The Jazz scored a season high 129.

Who could ever have guessed?

mitchell 30 on 19 shots

dame 11 on 12 shots

blazers never had a chance

The faster ya’ll can come to terms with the blazers being a mediocre team for the rest of your natural born lives the faster you can chill, enjoy the stars on the opposing team and focus on your mental health.

Damn I’m gonna get so stressed watching Gobert dive to the bucket and us scramble to recover all night

Well at least the Jazz uniforms are the color of baby ****.. so we have that.

Craptacular

We played the worse D on the perimeter in months...

Pain.

Be better. Trade for Simmons. 1-10 on the road is beyond disgusting.

The Utah Jazz out here taking practice drill three pointers against NBA pro team Portland Trail Blazers

Leave CJ in Utah

The Malignant Tumor of Basketball Operations needs to be removed.

Time to be environmentally conscious and forfeit all remaining road games.

3 total blocks & steals. McCollum & Dame 11-33 shooting & only 11 total assists. Bad 3pt % too. Nurk & Simons were excellent again with offense but had 1 block/0 steals between them. Cody & Nas ok but Roco & Nance...ouch. Need 25+ assists & 12+ steals/blks +10+ ORB/game to win.

**** THIS **** HOW DAME LOOK AT THIS ROSTER AND GO TO THE SAME **** EVERY ****ING YEAR BILLUPS HASNT DONE **** I TOLD EVERYONE THE RIGHT CHOICE WAS DANTONI

The Jazz are a really good team.

Utah is just better than the blazers right now. It's really not that bleak... Just a mediocre squad.

This team hurts my soul.

The Blazers are 9-1 at home and 1-10 on the road. They play 15 of their next 19 at home.

That should help get us enough false hope so that we don't make any changes before the trade deadline.

That’s what happens when the best offense meets one of the worst defense.

Unstoppable force meets malleable object.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised to see Oprah courtside giving away career nights. Everybody gets one against us.

Pretty sure I saw the jazz mascot passed out on Burnside last week
Probably the best post of the thread. Maybe season.

Wow. I ****ing LOVE seeing TikTok highlights of the opposing team on our home team stream. That’s ****ing SICK!!!
What was this?

Clarkson, lol. Saw a sistah trying to pin a white baby on this big Nigerian guy on Maury today. There was less of a chance of that shot going in than of him being the father
Dropping the dynamite.

Why do they slap butts. That’s weird
This guy comes around later in the thread…

I wished our guy’s embraced each other like that.
Teh butt slaps

I never understood the whiteside slander when he played for us. Miles better than Nurk in almost every category.
WTF is Miles?

So many things here made me laugh. Gotta love (and pity) these fans.

---

At this point a road win might be less likely than my wife coming back

Who does Quin Snyder's hair? Al Pacino?

Had a dream last night that I got stuck at work and missed this game, which sucks because Dame scored 133 pts. I don’t remember if we won. Probably not.

How is 7 foot something Rudy Gobert sneaking past us every time like a sneaky snake

Most of the season I feel like that snowman looks in the commercial right now

Quin Snyder is winning this game and he still looks like he will kill me and my entire family if I do not cooperate. (My fav)

At this point we should trade CJ for a washing machine. fresh smelling jerseys could help this team more then Cj

Why do they slap butts. That’s weird (agree)

We're making Gobert look like Wilt

Utah continue to be the model small-market team. I envy them.

The faster ya’ll can come to terms with the blazers being a mediocre team for the rest of your natural born lives the faster you can chill, enjoy the stars on the opposing team and focus on your mental health.

Well at least the Jazz uniforms are the color of baby ****.. so we have that.

Leave CJ in Utah

Time to be environmentally conscious and forfeit all remaining road games.

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised to see Oprah courtside giving away career nights. Everybody gets one against us.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Kilometers work better, you commie?
Ah, that makes sense. Here I was assuming they had some chode named Miles who was sitting on the bench that everyone was pining for him to play ahead of Nurkic, but was also not getting minutes before Zeller.

Ah, that makes sense. Here I was assuming they had some chode named Miles who was sitting on the bench that everyone was pining for him to play ahead of Nurkic, but was also not getting minutes before Zeller.
C.J. has corrupted you for life.

This just feels so good to me. I've hated the blazers since the Clyde the Glide days. Sabonis was the worst.

This just feels so good to me. I've hated the blazers since the Clyde the Glide days. Sabonis was the worst.
I didn't hate Sabonis like I did many of the other POR players, like Terry Porter or Bonzi Wells, although Bonzi's days were well after Sabonis' days and POR turned into the JailBlazers

I didn't hate Sabonis like I did many of the other POR players, like Terry Porter or Bonzi Wells, although Bonzi's days were well after Sabonis' days and POR turned into the JailBlazers
Bonzi Wells, Arvydas Sabonis, and JailBlazers were all the same era.