What's new

Quotes from Clippers' forums-"Gobert really is a game-changer.. His *** is just too tall and lengthy for EVERYONE"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

without Kawhi and Paul I see it quite difficult

It'll be tough because Rudy Gobert is more than a physical match for both Serge and Zubac. Some people are touting Gobert for MVP consideration. Lou will have trouble getting into the paint for his painted layups and his in-the-paint jump shots. If the Clippers can hit their 3's, they can keep Utah at bay, but Utah runs their offense like clockwork.

Yeah we won’t be with a full roster. Our young guns have stepped up this past two games. Hopefully they can still bring it and not be intimidated by Utah regardless of the score. If we can keep Utah off the 3 point line we have a chance. If they go crazy with the 3 ball we might be in for a long night. Let’s see how our players challenge this game.

Kawhi out again. RIP

Bro who is on our ****ing training staff lol. These injuries are killing me.

This **** is starting to get annoying, we get no news on injury’s and it seems the injury’s are not handled well, i think it’s time to let the medical staff go

1st Half

Quinn took ty lue’s lingerie mask

How are we beating the best team in the league with no starters whatsoever

please beat the genre of music, or stop the count before it’s too late

Times Like This Is When I Hope We Somehow Had Blake Griffin Still. Having A Player That You Can Look Up To Or Putting Your Faith Into When The Stars Players Are Down.

The Great Salt Lou

The guy I am worry about is Joe Ingles, who always plays well against us. Oh and that Jordan Clarkson guy. Mitchell is gonna get his.

When you're in the paint just shoot it. If Gobert blocks your shot so what. Keep playing.

It’s hilarious how scared they are of Gobert.
Mann and Coffey turning it over.
Morris, Ibaka, and Patterson all missing easy ones at the basket.
I know we’re short handed but there’s so little room for error.
It seems like it’s just a matter of time before the Jazz blow it wide open.
Mann finally waking up.

The Jazz are such a whiny team full of crybabies and the refs are giving them all the calls.

Good block by Mitchell, would have been a nicer ending to the half had Mann got that

Great first half. Excellent defensive effort and sharing of the basketball. Let's see if this scrappy group can pull off the huge upset in the second half.

If this game isn't a blow out, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Jazz have been playing at a high level and shoot everybody out.

Ingles shot so weird but it’s butter

Serge forgets how to play basketball every other game lol

I feel like we lose to utah every time we play them. Please prove me wrong today

Clarkson is a ****ing spark plug off the bench, man

Favors kinda looks like PG if you squint hard enough

That Gobert effect is real. You can see our guys are second guessing their drives.

2nd Half

IT'S TIME TO PULL AWAY.

Just as I thought Joe Ingles been quiet....

He has to be the most underrated player in the NBA. He basically has no weaknesses- can shoot, dribble drive, pass, defend. I'm still very mad that Doc cut him years ago. He seems to hold a grudge too against the Clippers still- I can't remember him ever having a bad game against them.

**** the dumb ****, one of our best players has to play on Friday. We have to split this series. Too much of a bad narrative if we lose both games

Oh well it was fun for about 2 and a half quarters.

Game would probably be tied if we didn't give up what feels like every offensive board. The amount of times a Jazz player has either gotten their own shot back or tipped it out to another Jazz player is too high.

If we play like this when Kawhi, PG, and Batum comeback, good God we're going to be monstrous.

If I see one more ****ing Jazz player tap their own rebound in while a taller Clipper watches I’m gonna scream.

We can't win a 50/50 ball at all

**** joe ingles

Conley was the main reason they beat us last game, so him being out is huge. We have played amazing so far without our two superstars damn.

Gobert is too damn tall for us

Either alter the shot for Gobert or stop with those weak challenges

Joe ingles buys his dinner at 7/11

This is the first Utah game I've watched. Do refs always make bs calls for them? Explains why they're #1

How many And-1s have we given up this game. Come on fellas

We still can’t defend the PNR like wassup lue

Come on Serge, don't let Utah get those offensives rebounds

As someone who hasn't been following this Jazz team I'm shocked this hodgepodge of random players are so in sync. Giving us no looks from beyond the arc

I hate Joe Ingles and his dumb jumpshot so much

Getting Jingled feelsbadman

Damn we gave up over 60 pts in a quarter and a half and we scored 30...

Zu letting Gobert get some of the easiest buckets and rebounds...

Joe ingles shoots like a middle age dad

MFer looks like he's out there getting shots in at the Y after a day of accounting.

So many and-ones for the Jazz. We are just making late weak fouls. Need to stop fouling like that

I don't get why we constantly attack Gobert like dude isn't going to block/disrupt shots at the rim. Gotta get him out of position, not set him up for another block

Gobert really is a game changer.. his *** is just too tall and lengthy for EVERYONE

It’s also very very understated how important Mike Conley is to the Jazz. Donovan Mitchell and crew can’t compare to the zen passing skills of Conley and his league leading plus minus. Before he started load managing his strain he was playing out of his mind and making it look easy.

Utah is really good. ****ed up a lot of good squads too. Can shoot the damn lights out and Rudy is a damn menace. Rolls hard so he always draws attention and then the guards can have easier paint shots. Only weak point to attack is probably on the wing against Neale since he is short for the position.

This is such a winnable game. We’re not underdogs. Our bench is more than enough to beat this overrated ******* team. Lets get this dub

Rudy Gobert has swung this game so hard in Utah’s favor

That twice missed rebound, turned into an Ingles 3. And then that no call on 2pat. Just backbreakers where we have like 0% room for error.

Our interior defense is non-existent rn. I think we're built to defend annoying stretch teams like this Jazz team with our stack of perimeter defenders, but Rudy inside is the X factor that makes this offense seem impossible to defend. Would be an intriguing playoff matchup for us one I hope we never see.

God dammit, stupid Joe jangles

Joe Ingles you ugly mofo

Everybody remember, with our stars we win this game by double digits.

Stayed close for a while...but it hurts none the less lol

Lou why tf would you shoot a jumper over Gobert like come on bruh

Is Rudy goober ever stationary on a screen?

Zu got babied tonight by Gobert. Morris wasn’t himself. We double them in turnovers. If all of these didn’t happen, were looking at an ez dub. Sucks how close we were

Post Game

Congrats on beating a Clippers team down 3 starters including their two superstars I guess? Lol

According to everyone on Reddit the jazz have 0 superstars so I guess that means it’s even?

I’m not impressed with Utah at all, they’ve had a lot of luck in these last 20+ games

I’m trying not to get frustrated considering we’re missing so many guys, but come on!

Oh well wasnt expecting a W. Wouldve been nice to keep the Jazz’s ego in check

Oni looks like a beardless james harden

Zu can't be attempting to 1v1 Gobert. I like the confidence but that **** ain't happening

Gobert look like his legs are too long for his torso lol, sun weird bout him

Pfft, I don’t like rebounds anyway

Gobert is a man amongst boys

If you let Gobert just sit on the inside and not force him to switch on smaller guards he’s going to kill you 10 out of 10 times. Terrible job tonight and something they have to improve on.

Gobert is ****ing Zu up down low

Our offense is more like the warriors and the jazz is more like the rockets. We have historically great 3pt shooters who are making a lot of threes Even though we are not shooting them a lot. The jazz just like the rockets have a bunch of mediocre 3pt shooters just chucking a large amount of them.

Cannot wait for the stars to come back so we can blow them out by 20 jesus

Zu literally has bricks for hands. Dude cant grab ****

I mean like most teams we don’t have an answer for Gobert. Neither Zu or Ibadan have had much of an impact.

Only way to beat that Utah team is to have a stretch 5 that open lane for other players to get rudy outside the rim

Kawhi just gave them the tie breaker over a damn leg bruise. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ***.

Congrats on the jazz for beating our bench with G league players

you happy about a win against our g league team lol

Still have to ask this question every week... What is Serge doing??!!

Zubac is weak, he cannot match up with Rudy.

Zubac sucked tonight. Gobert showed him that there’s levels to this ****.

We were never gonna beat Utah with half our team missing, no biggie.

I know it’s irrational but this loss just pisses me off.

Not even looking forward to Friday knowing Leonard, George, and Batum will likely be out. If only this team could get healthy is a bad joke.

****** wack if all three are out again on Friday

Jazz can definitely be beat but we need a full strength effort. I think Lue should of mixed Ibaka and Zu minutes to maybe pull Gobert out of the paint during switches

This Utah team is too good defensively, and once they started to make some 3's it was tough going for the Clippers. Gobert is just too much overcome- dude changes the game completely.

The Clips were the little engine that almost could tonight. It seems they gave it all they had. UT is on fire right now and hard to beat.

Some of it is Clippers sloppiness, but also a product of Jazz's defense. Their athletic wings do a good job of cutting off drive and passing lanes, and then there's Gobert in the middle. Though the Clips can certainly control their own self-inflicted turnovers better.

I really didn't think that was going to go like that, to be honest.

Obviously Rudy was the reason why our bigs were slowed down, which is a tough task when we don't have our best wings on the floor to put pressure on Gobert. I do like a couple of those 3's that Serge hit in the game (Rudy is so reluctant to step out on those), and I wish their were more actions to setup Mook for 3 (he was only 1-3 from deep tonight). Think the key to slowing Rudy is to put him in multiple actions out on the perimeter, stretch him out with bigs that can shoot, and then attack him aggressively in the paint to hopefully draw fouls.

It’s so frustrating- were up after the 1st, up after the 2nd, down by 6 after the 3rd, end up losing by 20. We were able to compete with the best record in the NBA for 36 minutes, without 3 starters. THATS what I want us to remember.

We really should have won. Bittersweet loss right there.

Wow they are good. Threw everything we had at em and they just adjust and exploit. Incredible effort but just not much you can do about that. Hoping we’re at full strength on Friday

I will definitely say that Jazz is in the first tier of the contender. Even if we are healthy, they will be so tough to beat.

Gobert's impact can not be understated. Our guys were hesitant af, rightfully so, on drives while he was in the game. His presence makes everyone second guess trying to get to the rim. Our whole offensive flow came to a standstill when he was in the game and he was taking it to our bigs on the glass.

Jordan Clarkson pushed the pace on offense and kept us on our heels in transition. I think he and Gobert swung that game in the 4th.

Quinn Snyder made great adjustments and that's why he's coaching the ASG.

Props to Utah they are playing some insane basketball. Great synchrony fun to watch. With 5 players shooting above 38% from 3 on the season....yeah that team is tough to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of talk about beating us with PG and Kawhi, not acknowledging that we’re missing one of our best players and the fact that we beat them earlier this year at full strength, before we were good.

Kawhi just gave them the tie breaker over a damn leg bruise. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ***.
It won't - we have the 3rd easiest 2nd half schedule and they have the 10th hardest. We were gonna pull away from them in the standings regardless.

That Gobert effect is real. You can see our guys are second guessing their drives.
tenor.gif

Lol melotheJazzhomer

"It’s so frustrating- were up after the 1st, up after the 2nd, down by 6 after the 3rd, end up losing by 20. We were able to compete with the best record in the NBA for 36 minutes, without 3 starters. THATS what I want us to remember."

This **** is starting to get annoying, we get no news on injury’s and it seems the injury’s are not handled well, i think it’s time to let the medical staff go
reminds me of the jazz. Lol
Not like that’s never happened before. Lol
Joe ingles buys his dinner at 7/11
I’m going to start buying my dinner from 7/11
Utah is really good. ****ed up a lot of good squads too. Can shoot the damn lights out and Rudy is a damn menace. Rolls hard so he always draws attention and then the guards can have easier paint shots. Only weak point to attack is probably on the wing against Neale since he is short for the position.
We should cut this Neale guy and give all his minutes to O’Neale.
This is such a winnable game. We’re not underdogs. Our bench is more than enough to beat this overrated ******* team. Lets get this dub
Sorry but Cole Aldrich isn’t walking through those doors. Lol
Rudy Gobert has swung this game so hard in Utah’s favor

I’m not impressed with Utah at all, they’ve had a lot of luck in these last 20+ games
I guess there was that one game we only won by single digits, ya.... that was lucky dude.

reminds me of the jazz. Lol

Not like that’s never happened before. Lol

I’m going to start buying my dinner from 7/11

We should cut this Neale guy and give all his minutes to O’Neale.

Sorry but Cole Aldrich isn’t walking through those doors. Lol

I guess there was that one game we only won by single digits, ya.... that was lucky dude.

Hey you are not allowed to do the multi-quote thing, that is my schtick. Stay in yo lane! Idiot(ic Minivan) K?

It won't - we have the 3rd easiest 2nd half schedule and they have the 10th hardest. We were gonna pull away from them in the standings regardless.

Is there somewhere that shows Utah’s 2nd half opponents? I’ve been looking and haven’t been able to find anything.

Is there somewhere that shows Utah’s 2nd half opponents? I’ve been looking and haven’t been able to find anything.
Would just have to do the reverse math. We will play each western conference team three times and each eastern conference team twice. So, for instance, we would play the Lakers twice but also not face the Clippers again.

First, so many good quotes, this was a treasure trove, for our Hydra to hoard and gloat over for days to come!
It'll be tough because Rudy Gobert is more than a physical match for both Serge and Zubac. Some people are touting Gobert for MVP consideration.
Prescient.
Wait for it...
Times Like This Is When I Hope We Somehow Had Blake Griffin Still. Having A Player That You Can Look Up To Or Putting Your Faith Into When The Stars Players Are Down.
Hey, guess what, you can have him back again! For the low low price of damn near nothing, or $60 million, you choose!
The guy I am worry about is Joe Ingles, who always plays well against us. Oh and that Jordan Clarkson guy. Mitchell is gonna get his.
This guy gets it.
When you're in the paint just shoot it. If Gobert blocks your shot so what. Keep playing.
Sounds like a great plan!
Clarkson is a ****ing spark plug off the bench, man
No, he is the Fire-Breathing Hydra, bitch!!
IT'S TIME TO PULL AWAY.
Ok, we will!! Thanks for reminding us!
Just as I thought Joe Ingles been quiet....

He has to be the most underrated player in the NBA. He basically has no weaknesses- can shoot, dribble drive, pass, defend. I'm still very mad that Doc cut him years ago. He seems to hold a grudge too against the Clippers still- I can't remember him ever having a bad game against them.
This guy gets it too.
I don't get why we constantly attack Gobert like dude isn't going to block/disrupt shots at the rim. Gotta get him out of position, not set him up for another block
Don't you remember your great plan from earlier? Just attack Gobert, right?

This guy should be coaching. Maybe they would have had a chance.

On second thought, nah, no they wouldn't, but thanks for playing!!
Yep, so over-rated a single team in 22 tries has figure out how to beat us. You know, the one with the simple game plan of having the MVP front-runner hit on a career night, combined with the team setting literal NBA records from 3. That is all it takes! Should be easy to put that together. You are probably right. Get that dub!
Everybody remember, with our stars we win this game by double digits.
Just like in January...uh...oh wait.

Congrats on beating a Clippers team down 3 starters including their two superstars I guess? Lol
Congrats on the jazz for beating our bench with G league players
you happy about a win against our g league team lol
How those grapes taste? Sour, right?

Gobert's impact can not be understated. Our guys were hesitant af, rightfully so, on drives while he was in the game. His presence makes everyone second guess trying to get to the rim. Our whole offensive flow came to a standstill when he was in the game and he was taking it to our bigs on the glass.
Another guy that gets it. Preach brother!!
Props to Utah they are playing some insane basketball. Great synchrony fun to watch. With 5 players shooting above 38% from 3 on the season....yeah that team is tough to beat.
The only rational thought in the entire bunch. He just forgot to add...

FEAR THE HYDRA!!!

Would just have to do the reverse math. We will play each western conference team three times and each eastern conference team twice. So, for instance, we would play the Lakers twice but also not face the Clippers again.

Yeah, as soon as I posted this I realized it was a brain fart moment because we already know the scheduling formula. I guess the only thing we don’t know at this point is how the rest of the unbalanced home/away schedule for conference opponents looks?