What's new

Racism and privilege

You have implied that several posters have racist motives over the course of our threads.

We are all raised in a racist culture, with racist ideas and beliefs that inevitably seep into us. It is unavoidable that every human, including myself, finds this worked into their motivations/actions.

I have singled out some posters as being more invested in the benefits reaped by the racism of society, and therefore less willing to acknowledge the significance of the effects that derive from it. This is a perfectly normal reaction, but still a harmful one.

My perception is that you enjoy talking in circles and tearring people down on this subject. Sure you write it up all fancy and use big words but that is how I see your motive. That is not a lie. That is a perception of you.

The only circles derive from my continuing to distinguish what you claim my positions are from my actual positions, only to have you go back to making the same claims again.

As I have said more than one occasion, I'd be just as happy if you didn't bother to post in these thread at all, leaving no one for me to "tear apart", so I could just talk about the ideas themselves (or not, should no one be interested).

I also find it funny that you mention going over things over and over. Sorry I encroached on your territory.

I'm willing to try some new material. What's your response on the article by Coates? Is it well-reasoned? Any obvious gaps in the thinking?