What's new

Rank the 5 young guys

The question wasn't specifically about value. I saw "going forward" as meaning near-future/this season. This season, I see Burks as better than Kanter, even if by dint of height and potential, Kanter has more value.

Burks hasn't been better than Kanter this season. I mean, I just don't understand how someone could look at Burks and think that he's going to help you win more than Kanter will help you win.

Burks hasn't been better than Kanter this season. I mean, I just don't understand how someone could look at Burks and think that he's going to help you win more than Kanter will help you win.

May be a black/white thing gong on here

I had only seen a couple of games, so I went to check on the stats. From the front pages of 82games.com:

PlayerMin %Own ProductionOpp ProductionNet Production
Burks54%9.811.8-1.9
Kanter62%14.524.4-10.0

I'm sure there are many other factors to consider, but just looking at PER defferential, Burks is doing better.

I'll try to suss out my biases and reassess.

You are incapable of reassessing because even then your reassessment will be from a position of all of your built-in biases, so your reassessment will be biased which will reinforce your pre-existing biases. It's a vicious circle from which you can never break free.

A bit of both, I would guess.

This.
Obviously I'm a burks homer which plays a big part in my ranking him fourth. Add in the fact that I was a semi burke hater (I thought he was the right pick in the draft, but thought it was a weak draft and burke would always be a below average starter) and I have not seen enough of burke yet.

Also in my opinion in the last 5 games burks has been at LEAST the third best of the bunch (maybe favors and burke ahead of him) and I think burks is just starting to show what he can do.
I think corbin messing with burks minutes and role for his whole career has somewhat stunted his growth and development (moreso than the other guys) and I think burks we be a more efficient scorer if he was starting with the others, plus I believe his assists would go up and turnovers would go down (I have always said he seems to play better with better players)

They showed a burks stat during last nights game that he was averaging like 15 pts, and decent rebound and assist numbers (I think around 5?) On 50 percent shooting and 4 for 5 from three in the previous 4 games.

Those games were all games when he got more minutes alongside real nba players due to marv, burke, and evans coming back..... instead of the scrubs he was playing with early in the year.

Burks only has value when there is a star to make him look good playing a role. Typical NBA scrub to success story.

Burks only has value when there is a star to make him look good playing a role. Typical NBA scrub to success story.

Ya probably this.
I'm a homer

Nothing wrong with this BTW, as long as the player accepts it. Outside the first Phoenix game where Burks made me want to dig my eyeballs out I think he's done a pretty solid job in his role this season.

If he could shoot 3 @ 38%+ then he'd be a pretty nice role player.

Technically, two choices is multiple choice.

Srsly? I always thought the term multiple choice was derived from and specifically relegated to a, b, c, and d options... with the d option always being "all of the above."

In fact, I think you're wrong. Multiple choice as described above is correct.. whereas your query (or is that spelled with two e's?) was specifically referencing a more 'true/false' type question/answer which is clearly not multiple choice. Scholastically speaking, that is.
You'll do well to make note of that.