What's new

Rank the 5 young guys

While Burke has been solid, I think it's more a result of having the worst PG play in the history of the NBA to start the season. Mediocre would seem godly compared to that.

Hayward/Burke
Favors
Kanter (although he probably still has the most upside, who knows if we'll ever see it)
Gobert/Evans/Burks

This.

Without him our team was a wreck. With him I think we could survive minus one of our other pieces. Small sample size aside, he's looking like the team MVP at the moment. Not that he's the best player, but that he's the glue that holds it all together.

The leader we have so sorely lacked? Me thinks so.

1. Hayward (swiss army knife. I expect to see his percentages rise as Burke settles in to being a good facilitator).

2. Favors (playing great right now, but needs his rim protecting grittiness to come back).

2.5 Kanter (think he has most upside, still. Wish he was given green light to shoot 3's and see if he could stretch the floor while on court w/ Favors.).

2.75 Burke (love the way heis playing, and would have him higher on listclose to Hayward if there was a bigger nba sample size of success. He looks good, and I am happy to have been wrong. His 9 ast the other night went a long way towards warming my cold heart)..

5. Burks (still has so much potential, and seems to be learning which is heartening. If he ever becomes a good shooter...).

How many would agree with Kanter over Favors?

So far this year I give the nod to Favors. But that could change. Kanter has a shooting touch that is very impressive. I think once he gets into the flow of the team with Trey on the floor he's going to start looking much better. In fact he looked pretty damn good last game.

How many would agree with Favors over Lebron?

No one has rated Favors over James this thread, a few have rated Kanter over Favors. Should I take you response to mean that this is almost as silly as rating Favors over James?

Favors
Burke
Hayward
Kanter
--
--
Burks

Top 4 are fairly equal in value, actually. I try to approach it by thinking which players can actually help other players on this team improve-- and not just put up stats.

Favors, being potentially a formidable two-way forward (now with a promising PG) is definitely our rarest piece.

Burke is oozing with potential, and has already improved the play of his teammates over the span of less than 10 games.

Hayward will still improve, and he offers lots of unique skills wrapped up in a high-IQ, selfless package. Technically he should probably be 2nd on the list, but I just value Burke's ability to improve the play of his teammates more than Hayward himself. I still want Hayward on this team for years to come though. Could make a great 2nd fiddle, and would probably be the best 3rd fiddle in the league in a couple years.

Kanter puts up some great stats, but (other than his offensive rebounding at times) his contributions have yet to transfer over to improving the play of others (like Hayward and Burke), or improving our team's defense considerably (like Favors).

Still, his potential as an offensive power-house is great, which fetches a high-premium in this league. I still think that he can grow to complement Derrick Favors.

Burks, though intriguing, is our most replaceable player on this roster.

Favors
Burke
Hayward
Kanter
--
--
Burks

Top 4 are fairly equal in value, actually. I try to approach it by thinking which players can actually help other players on this team improve-- and not just put up stats.

Favors, being potentially a formidable two-way forward (now with a promising PG) is definitely our rarest piece.

Burke is oozing with potential, and has already improved the play of his teammates over the span of less than 10 games.

Hayward will still improve, and he offers lots of unique skills wrapped up in a high-IQ, selfless package. Technically he should probably be 2nd on the list, but I just value Burke's ability to improve the play of his teammates more than Hayward himself. I still want Hayward on this team for years to come though. Could make a great 2nd fiddle, and would probably be the best 3rd fiddle in the league in a couple years.

Kanter puts up some great stats, but (other than his offensive rebounding at times) his contributions have yet to transfer over to improving the play of others (like Hayward and Burke), or improving our team's defense considerably (like Favors).

Still, his potential as an offensive power-house is great, which fetches a high-premium in this league. I still think that he can grow to complement Derrick Favors.

Burks, though intriguing, is our most replaceable player on this roster.

Welcome to the "not an idiot club."

I really can't fault anyone for putting any of the top 4 in whatever order they want. Its totally feasible that any of Favors, Kanter, Hayward, or Burke is the best of the bunch in a couple years, which is what makes our team unique.

The one thing that's laughable is putting Burks anywhere near the top 4. I'm genuinely curious if people are putting him in there as a fan favorite type of thing (which is ok) or if they really think that Burks has that kind of value.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

Welcome to the "not an idiot club."

I really can't fault anyone for putting any of the top 4 in whatever order they want. Its totally feasible that any of Favors, Kanter, Hayward, or Burke is the best of the bunch in a couple years, which is what makes our team unique.

The one thing that's laughable is putting Burks anywhere near the top 4. I'm genuinely curious if people are putting him in there as a fan favorite type of thing (which is ok) or if they really think that Burks has that kind of value.

A bit of both, I would guess.

...if they really think that Burks has that kind of value.

The question wasn't specifically about value. I saw "going forward" as meaning near-future/this season. This season, I see Burks as better than Kanter, even if by dint of height and potential, Kanter has more value.

The question wasn't specifically about value. I saw "going forward" as meaning near-future/this season. This season, I see Burks as better than Kanter, even if by dint of height and potential, Kanter has more value.

Sorry you misunderstood. The question is always about value.

No one has rated Favors over James this thread, a few have rated Kanter over Favors. Should I take you response to mean that this is almost as silly as rating Favors over James?

Could you make it multiple choice?