What's new

Rate the Jazz Offseason and Discuss

Rate the Offseason...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll refrain from the route I'd like to take and go high road instead. What is your idea of a successful offseason? I fully agree that the Jazz could have got more for Favors. However, I'm glad as hell that they let him pick his destination instead of sending him into a terrible situation for a slightly better pick. Favors will always encompass what a true Jazz man is and I'm glad that he gets to do what's best for him and his family. For the first time in forever the Jazz are going all in and we all hope it pays off. No guarantee, but it's better than being the 5-8 seed for years until Gobert and Mitchell get tired of floating by.
For what it's worth, I give the offseason an A-. I would have it as a B since we lost Crowder and Favors, but Davis helps with that grade. We still are missing a solid power forward that could start and let ingles be the 6th man in my opinion.

I'll refrain from the route I'd like to take and go high road instead. What is your idea of a successful offseason? I fully agree that the Jazz could have got more for Favors. However, I'm glad as hell that they let him pick his destination instead of sending him into a terrible situation for a slightly better pick. Favors will always encompass what a true Jazz man is and I'm glad that he gets to do what's best for him and his family. For the first time in forever the Jazz are going all in and we all hope it pays off. No guarantee, but it's better than being the 5-8 seed for years until Gobert and Mitchell get tired of floating by.

I agree that its nice to see some actual movement and taking some risk, but I dont think these are the right moves.

Think of all the moves throughout NBA history where teams overpaid a free agent and it crippled their franchise for the next few years. There is a very good chance that is exactly what the Jazz just did. Would you agree if it turns out Bojan is less than good then this is a giant fail? Or is it ok to pay near 20% of your salary cap on player that ends up massively underperforming?

Bojan had one decent year. He is 30 now. No one here just a little nervous that was a little flukey? He has bounced around from team to team and hasnt done much with plenty of opportunity. That doesn't make you nervous?

This is not the risk you take.

I agree that its nice to see some actual movement and taking some risk, but I dont think these are the right moves.

Think of all the moves throughout NBA history where teams overpaid a free agent and it crippled their franchise for the next few years. There is a very good chance that is exactly what the Jazz just did. Would you agree if it turns out Bojan is less than good then this is a giant fail? Or is it ok to pay near 20% of your salary cap on player that ends up massively underperforming?

Bojan had one decent year. He is 30 now. No one here just a little nervous that was a little flukey? He has bounced around from team to team and hasnt done much with plenty of opportunity. That doesn't make you nervous?

This is not the risk you take.
I think it's all risky and makes me nervous TBH. I don't think it cripples us for the foreseeable future though. If all of these moves don't work out and nothing gets accomplished, we at lease have strong assets to work for another rebuild (god forbid). I'm not talking our next couple years of first round picks, i'm saying the players we have can net us some amazing assets. Worst case scenario, we fail and there is no chemistry and players want to bolt to another team. Gobert and Mitchell would bring us a hell of a haul worth of assets.

I pray that never happens though. I want Gobert and Mitchell here long term and to be at the front of the parade when they bring the finals trophy down state street..

I think it's all risky and makes me nervous TBH. I don't think it cripples us for the foreseeable future though. If all of these moves don't work out and nothing gets accomplished, we at lease have strong assets to work for another rebuild (god forbid). I'm not talking our next couple years of first round picks, i'm saying the players we have can net us some amazing assets. Worst case scenario, we fail and there is no chemistry and players want to bolt to another team. Gobert and Mitchell would bring us a hell of a haul worth of assets.

I pray that never happens though. I want Gobert and Mitchell here long term and to be at the front of the parade when they bring the finals trophy down state street..

No. Its not going to cripple the Jazz. They will still be good, but there is a good chance is seals our fate, and we dont ascend any higher. I don't see how we change things up after this. I bet Bojan's contract is untradable after 1 year.

This really is it. We've traded our picks. We've locked ourselves into the players we have. We arent signing anyone for a while, and we arent making trades either.

If you really wanted to see a championship anytime soon, you have to hope that this is the roster. Awful lot of faith to put in Bojan and Ed Davis. Two players who havent even sniffed being considered one of the better players in the league.

No. Its not going to cripple the Jazz. They will still be good, but there is a good chance is seals our fate, and we dont ascend any higher. I don't see how we change things up after this. I bet Bojan's contract is untradable after 1 year.

This really is it. We've traded our picks. We've locked ourselves into the players we have. We arent signing anyone for a while, and we arent making trades either.

If you really wanted to see a championship anytime soon, you have to hope that this is the roster. Awful lot of faith to put in Bojan and Ed Davis. Two players who havent even sniffed being considered one of the better players in the league.
Everyone was paranoid about losing Favors. I think Davis gives you 85-90% of what Favors does (and Favors has some negative value because we are pressured to start him and play him out of position — no strings attached with Davis). People worried about losing Hayward. Bojan gives you 90-95% of what Hayward would. Before 2017, we were one player away from being a real contender. We’ve essentially maintained our Favors, maintained that Hayward, added Donovan, and upgraded to steroid George Hill (giving you 140% of what Hill gave you) with Conley. Plus we got two second rounders.

Yeah, we’re looking pretty ****ing good.

Last edited:

Just got to hope that Bojan and Conley come out swinging and can replicate what they've done recently. Even you have to admit, IF those guys resemble their 2018/2019 years we could be a deadly team. I'm not worried about GSW or Houston anymore. OKC, Den, and POR are the only other teams chomping at the bit and I still think we're better than them.

So, @Jason @Pastramiking @Pouyan @themanknownassting and @campaignist

Why a B? What is missing for you to consider this at least an A? Where can we improve?

Honest question. Not a trap lol

Probably a combination of losing a bunch of fan favorite players and unreasonable expectations.

For me, an A would be something shocking/unpredictable. I never expected to sign someone like Klay, Durant, Butler, or Irving. However, wouldn't that in theory be an A or A+?

So Conley and Bogdanovic although amazing in terms of realistic expectations, wouldn't necessarily be categorized the "best" scenario. Hence, the B rating.

Im giving it a D.

I feel bad for Jazz fans when Bojan Bogdanovic is the other half to the best Jazz offseason ever and Ed Davis is the cherry on top. Only in Jazz land. Lmao. What in the ****. Seriously. Can you imagine Lebron all giddy about these moves?

What we gain with the additions of Bojan and Conley we offset that with losses of Favors, Crowder, Rubio, and Allen, and two first round picks. We get better at shooting, but worse in defense, toughness, rebounding, low post scoring, bench play, and team chemistry.

Id bet we are no better than we were before with these moves. They are sideways moves at best. Dont forget, the Jazz were already a good team. Same record and 2nd round exit doesnt count as success. Cant just chalk it up as we tried when me the dumb guy can easily tell you that it wont work.

Just like when everyone thought Korver's shooting would change everything, and it didnt, Bojan will be almost as big of a dud. Everyone wants to conveniently ignore his entire career and hold up his one good year. Or completely ignore the fact he averages 1 assist and 3 rebounds a game. Ya. Superstar. Give him 20% of the cap. Great idea.

Also, we had one chance to get this right and build a contender around Donavan's cheap deal and Rudy's prime before his supermax, and this is what we come up with. SMH.

Flame away. Just have the nuts to face the music when this is bumped in two years.

Conley is a nice player, but overpaid and we overpaid for him too.

Wow. You legit are delusional. Like straight up ****ing face ****ed with a 2x4 crazy.

And....you love Trump.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I think they gave up a tad too much for Conley; Would've liked to keep Allen or Crowder. Crowder would've been tough to keep financially in the trade so I get that, but he brought such toughness. Grayson showed flashes and with 1 year under his belt think he could've been a 15-minute per game back-up at either guard position.

They ultimately got too little for Favors. Pelicans have so many first rounders from the Lakers deal that they should have been able to get a first over 2 seconds, especially since Utah has relinquished two firsts to Memphis. In hindsight, I might have preferred to trade Favors in the Conley deal and kept Crowder and Allen.

The off-season is also not done, so let's see what they do with the bench and minimum contracts before giving the team an A. As is, it is still a thin and inexperienced bench.
Disagree completely.

The Jazz traded spare parts for a sports car. It’s a used sports car. . . but it still drives really fast.

Wow. You legit are delusional. Like straight up ****ing face ****ed with a 2x4 crazy.

And....you love Trump.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Dang. You are straight spittin fire now.

Date noted.

Probably a combination of losing a bunch of fan favorite players and unreasonable expectations.

For me, an A would be something shocking/unpredictable. I never expected to sign someone like Klay, Durant, Butler, or Irving. However, wouldn't that in theory be an A or A+?

So Conley and Bogdanovic although amazing in terms of realistic expectations, wouldn't necessarily be categorized the "best" scenario. Hence, the B rating.

Maybe my D is a tad too pessimistic. But giving an A or A+ is way over the top.

You laid out exactly why an A is not warranted. Kudos for being grounded.

Someone has to balance the craziness out. I have to bring them down a bit so when reality hits they dont crash and burn. Its gonna be rough finding out Bojan isnt the superstar they think he is.

Had to post the cake I had made for my "Welcome Mike Conley to Utah" party. Kind of nerdy, but I don't care. I've been a loyal Jazz fan since I was a kid in the late 80's. I've watched the good the bad and the ugly. I have watched bad management that wouldn't do anything to improve the team as well as good management doing everything they could to make something out of nothing. This off-season is THE BEST that I've ever seen. It's no doubt an A+. Bogdanovic is a great pick up. We paid a lot for him, but we're breaking the mold of a mediocre team. And I believe he'll produce just like he's done for Indiana within Quin's system. I really love the Ed Davis acquisition of 2 years for $10 mil. He's a defense minded big who can rebound like nobody's business. And I love Favors, but we did the right thing by trading him for much needed picks. We're about to do some serious damage!

Last edited:
Had to post the cake I had made for my "Welcome Mike Conley to Utah" party. Kind of nerdy, but I don't care. I have been a loyal Jazz fan since I was a kid in the late 80's. I've watched the good the bad and the ugly. I have watched bad management that wouldn't do anything to improve the team as well as good management doing everything they could to make something out of nothing. This off-season is THE BEST that I've ever seen. It's no doubt an A+. Bogdanovic is a great pick up. We paid a lot for him, but we're breaking the mold of a mediocre team. And I believe he will produce just like he has done for Indiana within Quin's system. I really love the Ed Davis acquisition of 2 years for $10 mil. He is a defense minded big who can rebound like nobodies business. And I love Favors, but we did the right thing by trading him for much needed picks. We're about to do some serious damage!
**** YES!

You are a fan after my own heart.

This is so fun right now! Enjoy it.

Had to post the cake I had made for my "Welcome Mike Conley to Utah" party. Kind of nerdy, but I don't care. I've been a loyal Jazz fan since I was a kid in the late 80's. I've watched the good the bad and the ugly. I have watched bad management that wouldn't do anything to improve the team as well as good management doing everything they could to make something out of nothing. This off-season is THE BEST that I've ever seen. It's no doubt an A+. Bogdanovic is a great pick up. We paid a lot for him, but we're breaking the mold of a mediocre team. And I believe he'll produce just like he's done for Indiana within Quin's system. I really love the Ed Davis acquisition of 2 years for $10 mil. He's a defense minded big who can rebound like nobody's business. And I love Favors, but we did the right thing by trading him for much needed picks. We're about to do some serious damage!
See that? The cak is bakd. Time to see how it tastes. And it looks DELICIOUS!

Im giving it a D.

I feel bad for Jazz fans when Bojan Bogdanovic is the other half to the best Jazz offseason ever and Ed Davis is the cherry on top. Only in Jazz land. Lmao. What in the ****. Seriously. Can you imagine Lebron all giddy about these moves?

What we gain with the additions of Bojan and Conley we offset that with losses of Favors, Crowder, Rubio, and Allen, and two first round picks. We get better at shooting, but worse in defense, toughness, rebounding, low post scoring, bench play, and team chemistry.

Id bet we are no better than we were before with these moves. They are sideways moves at best. Dont forget, the Jazz were already a good team. Same record and 2nd round exit doesnt count as success. Cant just chalk it up as we tried when me the dumb guy can easily tell you that it wont work.

Just like when everyone thought Korver's shooting would change everything, and it didnt, Bojan will be almost as big of a dud. Everyone wants to conveniently ignore his entire career and hold up his one good year. Or completely ignore the fact he averages 1 assist and 3 rebounds a game. Ya. Superstar. Give him 20% of the cap. Great idea.

Also, we had one chance to get this right and build a contender around Donavan's cheap deal and Rudy's prime before his supermax, and this is what we come up with. SMH.

Flame away. Just have the nuts to face the music when this is bumped in two years.

Conley is a nice player, but overpaid and we overpaid for him too.

Oh wow. I have so many things to say to you. I am going to shorten it because I can see your intellectual level and knowledge for basketball doesn't go that far. You ask, "Can you imagine Leron all giddy about these moves?". Your referring to the acquisitions of Bogdanovic and Davis. No I can't. Because its not a relevant scenario. Lebron gets excited over having as many stars as possible because that's what it takes for him to win a championship. He can't win unless he has 3 superstars. And with your response, you should probably go root for the Lakers.
As for the next ridiculous statement you say, "What we gain with the additions of Bojan and Conley we offset that with losses of Favors, Crowder, Rubio, and Allen, and two first round picks. We get better at shooting, but worse in defense, toughness, rebounding, low post scoring, bench play, and team chemistry." Your completely wrong. You really need to watch more basketball. Rubio couldn't hit an open shot. Crowder was inconsistent. Allen will be out of the NBA in the next 4 years. Conley can distribute, defend and shoot with consistency. Bogdanovic, although you may not be familiar with him, is in the prime of his NBA career and came into the NBA late, resulting in late development. He's been in the league for about 5 years now, so I wouldn't expect you to know who he is because it sounds like you haven't even been watching basketball for that long. And Ed Davis is very well known as a tough defender and rebounder. What are you talking about??
You need to quit thinking thoughts of any kind and posting them on the internet, because when you do it becomes apparent that having ideas may not be your strong suit.

Maybe my D is a tad too pessimistic. But giving an A or A+ is way over the top.

You laid out exactly why an A is not warranted. Kudos for being grounded.

Someone has to balance the craziness out. I have to bring them down a bit so when reality hits they dont crash and burn. Its gonna be rough finding out Bojan isnt the superstar they think he is.

Nobody thinks Bojan is a superstar, you just don't know how to read.