What's new

Rate the Jazz Season

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), what is your opinion of the Jazz' season?

Votes: 38 46.9%

Votes: 31 38.3%

Votes: 9 11.1%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Jack Strop

I know we're all disappointed it came to an end today. But overall, how would you rate the season and why?

I have to go with a 9. I didn't expect at the beginning of the year to make the playoffs. Didn't expect at 19-28 Utah would make the playoffs. And as the Jazz were winning, and seemingly no one else was losing, I didn't expect the Jazz to make the playoffs.

Gave Utah a chance against OKC, but thought without home court, it would be expecting too much to win the series. Realistically, expected Utah to just take one game against Houston. But damn! Another 2nd round series missing our starting PG due to injuries.

Only drawback, IMO, was Lindsey striking out on Mirotic. Crowder is decent, but he's an erratic 3PT shooter. It may be difficult to acquire shooting, particularly at the 4, with the extra salaries of Crowder and Burks on the roster. Jae could be easily traded, I imagine, but Alec is an albatross. A week before Cousins got hurt, I think Mirotic was gettable for Alec and a protected 1st...that's what Chicago traded him for...a protected first and a salary dump. But all we heard for a couple of weeks is that Mirotic wanted to come to the Jazz, but Lindsey was unwilling to give up a 1st.

Oh well, a very enjoyable and unexpected season. I expect the losses to Houston will provide Donovan with ample motivation during the summer. Hope he, O'Neale, Exum and Crowder work on their 3PT shooting.

10. Way exceeded expectations not only in wins, or winning first round series but in the way team played and supported each other. This chemistry and fun they showed on the court was awesome to watch. No egos, no bad characters, no drama ( Hood was shipped right in time). Next year we are making to the western finals and will have at least two all stars - calling it now, Rudy and Mitchell All stars.

I went with a 9. If our starting point is Gordon Hayward leaving the Jazz with no time to really pursue other FAs, then you have to say the Jazz's season is a resounding success. Ricky Rubio for a late first-round pick was a coup. I love the work and effort he put in this year. Mitchell had as good or better a rookie year as anyone in the last 5 - 10 years. Royce O'Neale is a nice pick-up. Joe Ingles expanded his game offensively. Rudy continued to mature. Dante Exum took a step over last summer. The Jazz relieved themselves of the conundrum of having to pay Rodney Hood. The Jazz have chemistry, youth, athleticism and hunger. They emerged as a top 3 or 4 team in the WC, when a lot of people thought they'd be more like 9th or 10th.

Voted a 10 because a 100 out of 10 wasn’t available.

Let’s review.

Moved injury prone and mentally weak Hood

Brought on Crowder who bleeds Jazz DNA.

Mitchell turning into Zeus right before our eyes.

Gobert

Gem in O’Neale

Stealing medical from the Suns

DL signing multiple team and cap friendly contracts

Winning a playoff series.

Ending the OK3 after ending Lob City

The continued improvement of Ingles

The improvement and addition of Rubio

Snyder continuing to build the Jazz rep of being player friendly and bribing out the best in players.

Jazz Nation going insane and supporting this team.

Legacy trust securing the Jazz future in SLC

City and yellow jerseys.

Renovated arena.

Koskokov getting a head coaching job.

Jazz looking at hosting a future All Star weekend

Mitchell winning Slam dunk contest

Historical turn around.

Making Houston sweet buckets after game 2

How many new league and Jazz records set? 5? 10?

Their season has been the best season for the Jazz since 97.

It’s an A+++++++++++++.

This is the best team since S&M days. No dwill boozer team could hang with this team plus we have a better ceiling.

I'm happy we competed in this series despite the injuries. Flip the injuries and we win this series.

9 1/2 out of ten Absolutely remarkable considering how bad we were in December. Could not possibly have had a better last 4 months even tho i got saddled with this username. Awesome stuff

In the end, the Udoh, Sefalosha and Jerebko signings didn't do much, but they're contracts that are easy to move in other deals, since they have little or nothing guaranteed next year.

10. It was a complete success. The defense is set to be a top 3 NBA defense for years to come with Rudy as the anchor. DL made brilliant trades to acquire Rubio and Crowder. Dumping Hood was a necessary and smart move. We traded up in the draft and drafted a bonafide superstar in Donovan Mitchell. He WILL be an MVP candidate in future years. And to top it off we won a playoff series and pushed a good team in the second round despite injuries and stretches of poor play. The season was a complete success given the situation we were in last July. The future is really REALLY bright.

10 for me.
Jazz getting respect from around the league
Spida is the new face of the NBA
Favorite plays are opposing superstars driving the lane, getting to within 3 feet of the rim, and passing out because they are terrified of Gobert.
Jingles with the best meme in the NBA. Everyone gets Jingled!
Rubio adapting his game and fitting into the Jazz system and shooting like a madman.
Snyder developing both players and the team
Chemistry unheard of in the NBA
Favors showing what he can do when he is healthy
Royce having one of the best rookie seasons in recent Jazz history. If it wasn't for what's his name, we would all be salivating over Royce.
Exum showing speed which simply can not be matched by those guarding him, and insane defense that is a game changer.

This is the best team since S&M days. No dwill boozer team could hang with this team plus we have a better ceiling.

I'm happy we competed in this series despite the injuries. Flip the injuries and we win this series.

Ya, way better than the Dwill Booz team. Although, we could have really used prime Dwill. Imagine Mitchell and Dwill together. That would have been fun. Definitely would have beat the rockets.

1st half of the season was rough. Mitchell was always fun to watch.
Mitchell started to get more of a role on the team and then Rudy kept getting hurt.
Rudy gets back and they trade Hood and his diapers.
The last half of the season was as good as any Jazz team outside of the 97-98 team.
Mitchell and Rubio develop amazing chemistry and beat the Thunder.
How could anyone not enjoy how this season ended?
10/10

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I voted for 10
I base my season rating on how I felt the team would be at the start of the season. I thought AT BEST we would be a 7th seed based on how hard the west would be and with Haywood leaving.
Add in the amazing 2nd half when healthy is just hard not to be happy about.
And what really really tops it all off is Donovan ****ing Mitchell.
I was stoked for what he was gonna be after we drafted him, I loved the pick. But I didn’t see this.
Guys, I know we all know this....but we have our superstar. He is a ****ing superstar and he’s ours! He’s got all the right intangibles. Work ethic, ‘mamba mentality’, great teammate, leader ect..
Losing in 5 in the second round hurts. But ask yourself this....right after Haywood left for Boston, if someone from the future told you our season would be like this and specifically DM would be our superstar...would you be happy? Exstactic?
That’s why I’m rating it a 10. I’m so ****ing excited for next year

Considering the cloud of doubt hanging over the team and where it was seemingly headed with the departure of H, this season was gangbusters. An off-season of improvement for this team is going to surprise a lot of people in my opinion. This team is hungry, motivated, and tight knit. That’s a good recipe!

10 for me.
Jazz getting respect from around the league
Spida is the new face of the NBA
Favorite plays are opposing superstars driving the lane, getting to within 3 feet of the rim, and passing out because they are terrified of Gobert.
Jingles with the best meme in the NBA. Everyone gets Jingled!
Rubio adapting his game and fitting into the Jazz system and shooting like a madman.
Snyder developing both players and the team
Chemistry unheard of in the NBA
Favors showing what he can do when he is healthy
Royce having one of the best rookie seasons in recent Jazz history. If it wasn't for what's his name, we would all be salivating over Royce.
Exum showing speed which simply can not be matched by those guarding him, and insane defense that is a game changer.

Excited for your well earned vacation?

Top 3 funnest/greatest sports seasons I've ever had as a fan in any sport. Horrible start, Mitchell starts coming along, thinking we might be kind of good around all star break, and about 2 months of checking every West game to move up or down a spot which got mentally draining. Playoffs against OKC was a dogfight every game, crushing an entire team for the second year straight. Houston admittedly bugged the **** out of me. I can't stand Harden.

I picked nine at first, just because I thought we could have extended this series to 7.
Then I slapped myself repeatedly until I managed to change my vote.
What an amazing year. We have our generational talent we all said was necessary to win a championship. We shocked the league with our play the second half of the year. We destroyed the Thunder and gave the #1 team a huge headache before falling short because of injuries to key players.
The sky's the limit next year. This is going to be the longest summer of my life.
Go Jazz!