What's new

Rate the Jazz Season

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), what is your opinion of the Jazz' season?

Votes: 38 46.9%

Votes: 31 38.3%

Votes: 9 11.1%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
10 dude.

We drafted and developed a legit star over the course of the season. Literally nothing else matters--though a lot of other good things happened!

We haven't had a player like this in a very long time. Since Stockton and Malone. We've had very good players--prime Dwill, and yes Gordin Hayweird--but not a super star. Not a hall of famer. AK47 had the most potential but either was in the wrong era and had the wrong coach or didn't have the desire to be great. The latter especially. And you see that in Mitchell. He's got the mentality and the talent. Nothing can stop him. He's going to be a hall of famer.

I've never seen anything like what Mitchell did in the post season from a rookie. I will probably rewatch the OKC series when i am going through withdrawal this off season. It was really incredible and we are going to be talking about it as a major turning point for years. That we broke up the OK3 is really funny, and a feather in our cap. That it was Paul George and Chris Paul who convinced Mitchell to join the draft and are his biggest mentors around the league is amazing. SO many great story lines that I think we will only come to process in the off season as we think and talk about it. It will become part of the mythology of Donovan. He took over that series. 38 points in an elimination game. I mean--what else is there to say. Watch game six. How many guys in the league can do that? There's nothing left for him to prove--he's a star. Now it's how bright will he shine.

And even against an insanely good rockets team, where he was being asked to do way too much because of injuries, was gassed from playing more basketball at a higher level than he had ever played in his life, he still took over games for stretches, kept us in the series. Like. This game 5 was an incredible game even though we lost. He couldn't get going in the first half and yet was still playing well, was running the offense. And you could feel him lurking. You know he wouldn't go quietly. And then he scored 22 points in the third, or whatever it was. It was amazing. And he gets injured, can't stand, but is fighting to get back on the court. When they cut to him riding a golf cart back to the bench to cheer his team, and you could see him arguing with the medical staff--begging to play--man, I was so proud. We get to root for that guy for the next seven years, and hopefully for his whole career. He could have a statue out front.

We got a super star. That is what the nba is about: stars. You can have a likeable team, a great regular season even, but you can't get to the promise land without The Guy. Look at the Raptors. A great team from top to bottom. They have all stars, really good players, derozan and lowry, but those guys can't take over games in the same way chris paul can. In the same way Curry or durant or lebron can. And, in the same way Mitchell can. Jazz haven't had that since Stockton and Malone, and so we have been competitive but never great.

There is a lot else to say: snyder, Gobert, Ingles, O'Neale. Mitchell's relationship with all those guys--him and O'Neale hugging at the end of the game tonight was emotional and amazing. Snyder's faith in Mitchell and that Mitchell knows he has a great coach who believes in him. Gobert's defensive player of the year. he dominated this season. Don't get it twisted. He needs to improve around the rim and he needs to improve guarding the perimeter but he was elite this year, all year. He was not near as bad as people make it out this series. Look at the defensive ratings. He struggled offensively and that has to change, but he made up for it on the defensive end. We actually played the rockets great--just didn't have the offensive fire power. it came down to talent and depth.

I don't know what else happens but having Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles, and O'neale locked up for the long term is ****ing incredible though. O'neale is going to be a really, really good player. He convinced me of that this series. O'Neale is another incredible story.

So many. But for now I'll just leave it at Mitchell. Nothing else needs to be said. You draft a superstar, make the second round in a stacked western conference with him leading the team, develop him into a player in one season that it usually takes guys four seasons to get to... that's a 10. It took Hayward seven years to get us to the playoffs. Think about that. We have so much time when it comes to Mitchell. The window is open and it is big. This was the most important season for this franchise in over a decade. Things are going to be different now.

We can come down from the cross of rebuilding and being average. The Jazz are back.

We got a guy who could be the best player on a championship team.

Gordon wasn’t that.
Deron wasn’t that.

I’ll give that a 10!

I would give 9.9 to the WCF team(s) 20 years ago and reserve the outright 10 for a Championship.

But then, rounding this number up gives us a 10!

The only thing keeping it from being 10 is the injury bug. With Thabo, X, and RR we would still be playing.

One of my favorite things about this season is the plethora of great nicknames; stifle tower, spida, the plumber or jingles , Xman, Juan stockton, or tricky threecardo, Rolls Royce, the Swedish Swish, howl, lol just great stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I like to quantify things. Especially, how tough and edgy Numerica is. I scale that with what I voted. 9/10. Would be 10/10, but I heard about wearing cutoff skinny jeans as shorts.

Is there not an option to make the poll public so we can see what people voted for?

Who voted 1? Was it that Simmons troll. Don't have time to scroll and see the responses.

10 - from the outset, this season was framed as a development and data gathering year. Dennis Lindsey and Co wanted to learn what we had, and start figuring out how best to pivot in the wake of Hayward. I think the season should be evaluated on that metric, and I can't imagine any way you can't give a 10, judging through that frame.

The franchise is literally years ahead of where they expected, even thinking optimistically, at the beginning of the year.

I voted 7 to be contrarian.

Realistically I would give it an 8.

Went with 9 because the guys want more. Incredible year, especially after the way things went for the first half of the season.

I voted 10 as there was literally no hope for a winning record let alone playoffs, and then there comes this rookie out no where made us forget about Hayward, then there's the coaching staff completely turning Rubio around. I know some probably wouldn't give a ten because of some weird belief that u have to win a chip to reach a 10, but let's be honest. That was never going to happen, and I'm sure most including me never thought there was a chance at playoffs. And now we have the building blocks that can lead this team to real championship contention, hell I'm not even sure Mitchell has a celing at this point. And I came to this conclusion after watching him in the playoffs. It's been a long time since we've seen a rookie do what Mitchell has done, not even Simmons can live up to what Mitchell did. It's in fathomable to me to think Simmons is the front runner in the ROY race. DM became a superstar in these playoffs. Allen iverson led a much less talented 76ers team then this jazz team to the finals.

How anyone can give less then a ten is beyond me.

I love my jazz!!!

10 for me.
Jazz getting respect from around the league
Spida is the new face of the NBA
Favorite plays are opposing superstars driving the lane, getting to within 3 feet of the rim, and passing out because they are terrified of Gobert.
Jingles with the best meme in the NBA. Everyone gets Jingled!
Rubio adapting his game and fitting into the Jazz system and shooting like a madman.
Snyder developing both players and the team
Chemistry unheard of in the NBA
Favors showing what he can do when he is healthy
Royce having one of the best rookie seasons in recent Jazz history. If it wasn't for what's his name, we would all be salivating over Royce.
Exum showing speed which simply can not be matched by those guarding him, and insane defense that is a game changer.
There's a reason I love this man!!!

I gave it an 8. Spidy was exceptional. I felt we choked some games away (Hawks, Celtics) late in the season that we shouldn't have. Even with the injuries we should still be playing in this series if we hit our shots. I wonder if the Jazz medical staff is on top of their game with the rash of injuries. Looking forward to the draft and summer league.

10 - and here is why:

#1 - the season exceeded expectations. We did more this year and than last year and we just lost an All Star. Most times, that is worth an 8 all by itself.

#2 - we identified a superstar for our franchise. Not the "could become a multiple All Star in a few years" pseudo star, but we have a real deal star on the roster. And he's 21. And he's humble. And he can do a bit of everything.

#3 - we don't end the season with a weird taste in our mouth like "is ______ coming back." Sure, we might lose Favors and even Exum, but they are not the reason for the current hype. It's not like we are Cleveland with LBJ, or Houston with CP3 and Capella, or GS next year with Klay, or NOLA with Boogie, or OKC with PG, or us last year with Hayward, etc.

In the end, the Udoh, Sefalosha and Jerebko signings didn't do much, but they're contracts that are easy to move in other deals, since they have little or nothing guaranteed next year.
Thabo was playing very well until his injury. Jerebko, I thought, should've gotten more minutes. Udoh, good character guy and team player; good 12th man. Ten for me.

Sorry, i guess i forgot to choose the option to make the poll public.

And, in hindsight, i should have voted 10, not 9. Not only do we have a super star, we have a charismatic super star. He's getting respect from other stars and the national media and is putting SLC on the map. This is the absolute best chance Utah has ever had to attract another significant free agent.

Considering at the first of the season most people would have given a two with who this team was, I'd give it a ten all day long. The only thing that could make it slip is if Mitchell's injury is serious, and the team had no control over that. So it's a solid ten for me!

I voted 9 because I have terrible perfectionist tendencies and never vote 10s. I should work on that.

This year was amazing! I love this team, loved this season, and can't wait for more.

The disturbed person who voted 1 should be forever banned.