What's new

Really hope Lindsey trades Burke

D Will Texas

something is just rubbing me the wrong way. you can tell he can't wait to get out of town. you see the look in his eyes when he conveniently mentioned his "Clippers tattoo". or better yet, him and his boyfriend Sullinger wanna go to the mall together in Boston. hope ya mommy doesn't tweet too much.

deal the CANCER

something is just rubbing me the wrong way. you can tell he can't wait to get out of town. you see the look in his eyes when he conveniently mentioned his "Clippers tattoo". or better yet, him and his boyfriend Sullinger wanna go to the mall together in Boston. hope ya mommy doesn't tweet too much.

deal the CANCER

the clippers tattoo is the Columbus Clippers the tripple a team from Columbus his home town... a lot of professional athletes rep their home town with tattoos. And both him & Sullinger grew up together in Columbus...

I don't know, or care, about his perceived lack of loyalty. But I would be more than happy to deal him. I don't think he's a longterm answer as a starting point and his value right now might be higher than his actual worth. My gut read is he's a classic Sell High guy because I fear he's on a Brandon Jennings arc of having an inflated opinion of his abilities. That said, I have no firm opinion and will be interested to see how he matures as a player.

the clippers tattoo is the Columbus Clippers the tripple a team from Columbus his home town... a lot of professional athletes rep their home town with tattoos. And both him & Sullinger grew up together in Columbus...

If he was really a jazzman he'd get a jazz note tattooed on his face. Such a cancer....

deal the CANCER

I wouldn't call him a cancer, and I like the way he plays, overall. He has heart and is super-competitive, you can't fault that. But is he a good enough facilitator? I think he will probably improve in his second season so given the choice of choosing Embiid or Smart, or Gordon or Smart, I think you forego Smart and stick with Burke.

My feelings:

Burke is good in PnR
Is good in the clutch
Is good at shooting FT's
Is good at facilitating when he wants to.
Has desire to win

Is bad at shooting
Is bad at drawing fouls
Is bad at finishing
Is smallish
Is bad at defense
Hasn't been able to play with a faster pace so far
Hasn't proven he can run the offense by himself yet.
Has a tendency to put his foot in mouth (Jahmel Binnion, "city of Utah," etc.)
Lacks elite athleticism

I think he will improve, but if something better presents itself, you trade him (as with all of our players at this stage of the rebuild).

Burke was DLs first pick under his full control.
Don't think DL will give up on him this quick.

I think this might be the opposite. DL knew we didn't have a point, knew Burke would get big minutes, and "knew" that Burke would put up halfway respectable numbers. In other words, Burke became (more or less) the asset he hoped he would become.

Also knowing that this draft was deep, he now has a guy taken at 9 last year who would have had a hard time being taken before 20 in this draft. But with the benefit of an actual NBA season behind him, where he didn't flop, Burke is more dealable than ever.

We'll see. But I think DL is pragmatic and not emotional about anybody on the roster.

I think this might be the opposite. DL knew we didn't have a point, knew Burke would get big minutes, and "knew" that Burke would put up halfway respectable numbers. In other words, Burke became (more or less) the asset he hoped he would become.

Also knowing that this draft was deep, he now has a guy taken at 9 last year who would have had a hard time being taken before 20 in this draft. But with the benefit of an actual NBA season behind him, where he didn't flop, Burke is more dealable than ever.

We'll see. But I think DL is pragmatic and not emotional about anybody on the roster.

good to see you again

-NAOS

I also think Burke was Ty's pick. A last meal of sorts.

I quite like Burke. Interested to see what he does this upcoming year because I think we'll see a considerably improved player.