What's new

Really hope Lindsey trades Burke

For shame that some of you scumbags are giving up on Trey this early. He'll only get better. Quit all your whining about him and start believing in him. He'll be hella good this year.

Perhaps the strongest post in this thread.

To add: I don't want to trade anybody on this team until I see what's coming back. That seems like it would be obvious, but it's maybe the only time I've felt this way since I've followed the team. I like our pieces. I don't love them, but I like them. We'll see when the murkiness clears and I think we will soon.

I think Burke is a guy you can trade but should probably try to keep. I have a good feeling about him and he's impressed me.

You know I respect your opinions, so would you mind being specific about the emboldened?
Thanks.

If you have an asset that you believe is overvalued you sell it before everyone else realizes it. That seems like it would be obvious.

Oh okay. Good thing you can trade a player for "value" then. That's super specific. Thanks.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];855912 said:
You know I respect your opinions, so would you mind being specific about the emboldened?
Thanks.

I know everyone can only remember to the last 10 games at a given time, but Burke was primarily responsible for the team going from almost winless to the only stretch of .500 ball all season. He played well. Do I really have to go game-by-game, moment-by-moment? He played well.

I know everyone can only remember to the last 10 games at a given time, but Burke was primarily responsible for the team going from almost winless to the only stretch of .500 ball all season. He played well. Do I really have to go game-by-game, moment-by-moment? He played well.

His clutchness is undersold a bit too. He was one of the most clutch players in the league. For a team without a number 1 option this is important.

Much like Hayward, he was under-equipped to handle the load that he had to shoulder. Unlike Hayward, he's inexperienced. The idea that a new coach/system/team will significantly change what a player is is overstated, but he was a rookie. That cannot be overstated.

But we should nebulously trade him for "value".

I'm not a big fan of Burke but have to be realistic and realize it was his rookie season and he had a banged up finger for some if not all of it, so for now, I will withhold judgment, especially on this day of Prayer.

Having said that, what are our statistical hopes for him next year to where we'll see satisfactory growth?

For me, his point totals don't matter but I'd like to see 41.5/35/90 shooting and 6.4 assists while keeping his turnover at 2.1 or below and playing better overall defense.

I'm not a big fan of Burke but have to be realistic and realize it was his rookie season and he had a banged up finger for some if not all of it, so for now, I will withhold judgment, especially on this day of Prayer.

Having said that, what are our statistical hopes for him next year to where we'll see satisfactory growth?

For me, his point totals don't matter but I'd like to see 41.5/35/90 shooting and 6.4 assists while keeping his turnover at 2.1 or below and playing better overall defense.

He doesn't have to be more productive to me, but better efficiency would be nice. Better D, too (I think he struggled with the strength of the NBA than anything, and that's something you work through).

Pretty low percentages for shooting. but probably realistic.

His goal should be 45% from the field and 38-39% from 3.
85% or above from the free throw line.
6-8 assists per game depending on how we spread the ball around.

Pretty low percentages for shooting. but probably realistic.

His goal should be 45% from the field and 38-39% from 3.
85% or above from the free throw line.
6-8 assists per game depending on how we spread the ball around.

Those are huge jumps. I'm trying to be realistic. Bro.

He doesn't have to be more productive to me, but better efficiency would be nice. Better D, too (I think he struggled with the strength of the NBA than anything, and that's something you work through).

This... also just looked up his clutch stats because I didn't want to work. Trey in a good sample size shot 52% from 2, 57% from 3, and 93% on free throws in the clutch. Not sure what happened the rest of the game though.

If Trey got one or two more assists a night, pushed the ball a little more, and makes a few more shots I see no reason he can't be a guy that starts for a good playoff team. He also has a low turnover rate which shows he is in control out there. The thing that impressed me about Trey is he helps you win. For a rookie point guard that is something. Also, could see he was trying really hard on D.

This will be the year we see what Trey is made of. Statistically PG's first years don't tell you much about where they will wind up. If there is no improvement this year he is likely very replaceable.

If you can't be more specific, then fine. But there's no sense in hiding behind this kind of made-up foible.

As for your unquoted comments, yeah, he needs to be a helluva lot more efficient and better at defense. And a lot stronger. I didn't see enough to make me confident that he'll get downhill on these things.

I'm on board. Burke's value will only decline the closer he gets to reaching his potential (Mo Williams light). He's the easiest player to replace, for free, in free agency, every free agency.

Well that's what I meant I suppose. I myself put higher percentages which would result in better efficiency.