What's new

Rebrand announcement coming next week

I actually don’t think these uni’s are real, or are simply 1 piece of the rebrand. Last week, a fan posted some pics on Twitter after they ran into Ryan Smith and took a few pics with him. In the pics, Ryan is wearing a purple Jazz hoodie with the “J-Note” on it and he told the fan that his hoodie would be available at the team store within the next 2 weeks.

Couple that with something Ryan tweeted earlier this year. Something about purple being a Jazz color from the beginning and how it will continue to be a part of the Jazz.

If these are our main jerseys this is a huge mistake. This has nothing to do with anything related. Unless we are also changing our name to something bee related, which at this point wouldn't surprise me.

I'm cool with changing the name and switching to these basic bitch jerseys assuming we get some serious assets from New Orleans.

If these are just another whatever special jerseys it's also stupid but whatever.

Let's sell the team again.

D75AC37E-A599-4378-8E6A-9114CCEA3F6D.jpeg
So this was the tweet I was referencing in my last post.

To me, this seems like pretty rock solid evidence that purple is a pretty large part of the rebrand- which is a huge sigh of relief. That purple seems like a much lighter shade than what we’ve used in the past, and I gotta say, I’m really digging it.

Tinfoil hat time: Unless the black and yellow uni’s will be used for summer league, I believe that initially, they were the planned rebrand until images leaked earlier this year and the entire fanbase lost their collective ****. Ryan Smith strikes me as a dude that would be paying attention to our reaction and once he saw how universally hated they were, he immediately scrapped the idea and went in a different direction. I also wouldn’t be surprised one bit if Ryan signed off on leaking the images so he could find out how they’d be received. If so, he certainly got a definitive answer.

They’re going to get burned bad on the yellow merchandise. And I hate that shade of purple, it’s faded and washed out. Is it really that hard to design something appealing?

Well, if you're going to be the laughing stock of the league you want to look like the laughing stock of the league. Those uni's accomplish that!

My response, which I feel like would work equally as well on a lot of these threads lately:

Horrendous, if true.