What's new

Rebrand announcement coming next week

0M8pVnT.png

Just plaster the entire jersey with advertisements, lol.

Ryan really had the nerve to say that they went "too clean" with the rebrand. Dude chose the biggest font in the history of mankind.
For the double digit numbers they could just go with one digit on the front and one on the back to make them even bigger! And the sides of the jerseys are underused too!

FWIW, took a trip the team store at Vivint yesterday to see the gear in person. Some thoughts below to distract from the asinine arguing happening in EVERY OTHER thread. You all make me want to kill myself:

*The black jersey with yellow numbers is legit. It's going to really grow on people once they see it in action. Especially on the black home court, which I also really like.
*The small update to the note logo look great. Big fan of that small cosmetic change.
*The white jersey was being modeled on a Rudy mannequin similar to the Donovan one. This made me sad. Employee said he thought it had already been at a different store when I mentioned the terrible timing of adding a Rudy mannequin.
*I like the white jerseys as well. Looks really good with the shorts. Not exciting . . .but more solid than I thought.
*Yellow jerseys are a 4 out of 10. Just SO different.
*A very small portion of the hats were the highlighter yellow and these SUCK. You've seen the ones that just say UTAH JAZZ in black on the yellow hat. They are even worse in reality.
*I will probably buy the black hat with the yellow note that says "Utah Jazz" in small letters beneath it when I go back. That one was nice and I wish I would have bought it yesterday.
*The white and black only gear is a snooze fest. Being minimalist in an attempt to be "cool" is like being in high school and not liking anything because "trying" is for nerds. It's transparent.
*Who is the target audience for the letterman sweater style of gear? I can't remember the brand but it was some designers name I'd never heard of, and it was posted all over the clothes. Like who is that for? (Disclaimer: I am a 44 yr old, father of three, white male, who is politically agnostic, with 1 and half feet out the door of organized religion, so I don't really know why anybody does anything.) Probably an attempt by D-Wade to bring a little South Beach to SLC. If so, it failed. Although, I would be pretty excited to see my neighbor Gary from the High Council wearing the whole get up to a game next year. Also? No listed price on it. Which tells me it's embarrassingly pricey. Why does designer stuff who's primary feature is the name of the designer so expensive.? Fashion is weird.
*The purple stuff absolutely felt like a last minute throw in. It was fine.
*My general feeling was the black and yellow was better than I thought, but I still want to see it in action. Purple was fine. I left kind of feeling like I wish there was a commitment to one of the other. Go all in on yellow and black. . . .or go all in on purple and whatever. Doing both felt like a lack of conviction. Especially because I don't see a scenario where you can mix the two. Purple, black and yellow just sounds weird.
*The reason I didn't buy the black hat yesterday was because I had the thought, what if they bail completely on the yellow and black in a few years . . .

Anyway. Go Jazz.