What's new

Reggie Miller on Enes Kanter

i don't feel like enough attention is being given here to reggie miller, who is the worst national tv announcer there is, by like a massive margin, and has never ever shown any evidence that he knows what he's talking about about anything basketball related.

I think he's a close second to his sister who is woefully bad at color commentary and beyond obnoxious.

I'm pretty sure she's been demoted to sideline reporter though.

You've all been diddled by the Millers. Kanter would have looked just as good here and management knew it. They purposefully didnt surround and use Kanter correctly because they are cheap and tried to hold his value down. Being dirty like that blew up in there faces and now they look dumb to everyone not a Jazz fan. He was in the right demanding a trade for the way Utah abused him. Now he will shine and become a max player this summer. Higher max than Hayward.

I'm not getting nicked by this used car sales pitch. He's also a much better pick and roll defender than you claim. He was last in the league here because they kept switching his coverage to confuse him, and playing him with Burke instead of Dante. He only played 150 minutes with Dante and he looked damn good on defense during that time.

It's too bad that the NBA isn't staffed by Mountain West refs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhlXQvjuPHA

Cause in the NBA, they won't call the "attempt to deceive penalty." Other teams are going to run picks and fakes to get the matchup they want, which generally involves isoing somebody on Enes Kanter.

From the Thunder fan forum:

Another fan in response:

Also...

Some more

"Kanter was the missing link for OKC. He's killing it"

"I love you Enes Kanter"

"Damn Kanter working his *** off."

"Enes Kanter. wow."

"Kanter seems to be able to back into the lane at will. I really like this"

You've all been diddled by the Millers. Kanter would have looked just as good here and management knew it. They purposefully didnt surround and use Kanter correctly because they are cheap and tried to hold his value down. Being dirty like that blew up in there faces and now they look dumb to everyone not a Jazz fan. He was in the right demanding a trade for the way Utah abused him. Now he will shine and become a max player this summer. Higher max than Hayward.

I'm not getting nicked by this used car sales pitch. He's also a much better pick and roll defender than you claim. He was last in the league here because they kept switching his coverage to confuse him, and playing him with Burke instead of Dante. He only played 150 minutes with Dante and he looked damn good on defense during that time.
LOL. I especially liked this part. " they kept switching his coverage to confuse him".

no dang it! No!!! The Millers I tell you!! ThE mIlLeRs!!!!!!!!!!!

Like most Utahans you are a bit of a mug. Used car salesmen rely on mugs showing up. They have a history on not spending for a Stockton and Malone championship, let Korver walk and traded Brewer to save $ which ruined a shot at a championship and soured Deron and led to his trade, and now Greg Miller says they will never pay luxury tax again. I dont know how many more times this cycle needed to be repeated before Utah wakes up.

@framer I was talking about the Jazz switching coverage not the other team. It's been documented.

What's the over/under on how many full Jazz games Barkley and Reggie have watched this season?

Like most Utahans you are a bit of a mug. Used car salesmen rely on mugs showing up. They have a history on not spending for a Stockton and Malone championship, let Korver walk and traded Brewer to save $ which ruined a shot at a championship and soured Deron and led to his trade, and now Greg Miller says they will never pay luxury tax again. I dont know how many more times this cycle needed to be repeated before Utah wakes up.

@framer I was talking about the Jazz switching coverage not the other team. It's been documented.

If they switched coverages it is because Kanter failed every time they gave him a defensive assignment, so they HAD to switch their coverage assignments. It wasn't some plot to destroy his trade value. Fairly certain the Jazz did everything possible to INCREASE Kanter's trade value.

Damn muggles, always getting taken. Voldemort was right about them.

Also the luxury tax hits a lot harder now then it used to. You left that part out.

No what this comes down to is selling a future all star, the best low post scorer in the game at bugger all prices. The Jazz sold him for cash back. This trade was all about saving ownership money and continuing the perpetual rebuild so we dont have to spend contender level quid.

They knew short term excitement over Rudy starting would fill the stands and sell more beers. Throwing away Kanter was a marketing ploy and its working damn well.

sky-is-falling-o.gif

i1a25e.gif

Can kanter pass when they double team him on the post? idk if triangle work just cuz of him lol

Nope. He got caught up every time. For some unknown luck related reason, he got a few foul calls instead of getting blocked. He is gonna craze a lot of people that are just starting to figure out his game for sure.

There was one double team he did kick out to a guy. It was "that" close.

Almost forgot. Westbrook has almost all triple doubles since Kanter. His only not was 21/17/8. Why is he all the sudden looking like MVP?

Ehhhh, you know why? Because RW is amazing and KD is injured.

You have a conspiracy theory going on eh?.... Why didn't we keep him? Because you can't keep all the young talent. At some point you have to pick what's best for the team and prioritize: you have restrictions on money, minutes and roles.

Are you willing to pay Kanter 15m/year and play him 30min a night when you have Gobert waiting for a bigger role (and paycheck in a few years)?

The FO made a reasonable decision. Sure, we didn't get much for him (and I like him as a player even with his obvious limitations) but at the end of the day it was the right move. He didn't like his role, the two sides were far apart on the money... we had to move on. I wish him well.

Last edited:
Some more

"Kanter was the missing link for OKC. He's killing it"

"I love you Enes Kanter"

"Damn Kanter working his *** off."

"Enes Kanter. wow."

"Kanter seems to be able to back into the lane at will. I really like this"

Where did you read that? And during the Suns game?

Basically what it comes down to is that we were only keeping Kanter OR Gobert. Sure, we said we would have liked to have kept both and had an awesome front court rotation, but realistically that wasn't going to happen. So the onliest question you have to ask yourself is: would you prefer to have Kanter or Gobert?

To me this is a no-brainer, which is why I have moved on.

This exactly.

Kanter as a third option on offense is pretty ideal. However, will OKC sign him as a 3rd max player or near-max? Is Kanter going to make more than Ibaka?

Meanwhile if Kanter plays well and gets some publicity in the playoffs it will drive his price up a bit. That's what he wanted for sure.