What's new

Reggie Miller on Enes Kanter

I talked about that night. And he was was on 30/10 mode and no PHS player could stop him in his rare moments where he had the ball. They had to foul him or he got his points. And he was not a huge negative at any point. Westbrook and Ibaka were. Kanter actually kept OKC in the game in the 3rd quarter. His defense was bad but still he had a good game in that circumstances.

Kanter fans think Kanter>Westbrook

pity lol

Why are you guys so butthurt? You cry and cry like your girlfriends left you.

If you watched that game, Westbrook and Ibaka had an off night. Whereas Kanter was doing fine. I'm not saying he had to score at a high level to justify his presence. I was saying he would have won the game for OKC if they played through him. Westbrook chose not to do it. Fine, the team lost. So it would have been the best for the team to play through him and Augustin instead of missing one jumper after one jumper (Westbrook 1/10 3pt).
And saying that he doesn't bring anything else is unfair. First of all, how many elite scoring bigs do you know? You sound like it is nothing special. Yes, we all know that some aspects of his defence just suck but he is most of the games an average defender. Last game he was worse than an average defender BUT still he could won the game for OKC.
I take a win over anything else. Scott Brooks benched him, too BUT he let him start in the overtime so they can win. But Westbrook took 10 or 12 sth like that field goal attempts in over time.
So, you can criticize him for playing bad in defence, but actually how good someone must be that he could still win the game for you even with having a bad defensive night.

The Thunder are NEVER going to run the offense through Kanter. That is straight delusion. This is the problem with Kanter. He demands to be featured, but he cannot because of the limitations of his game. He is going to end up like that dude in high school who went to three different schools because each basketball team he played for didn't do a good enough job of lifting HIM up. And as he plays in our division now, I wish ill upon him and his new team every time they take tha court. Especially as we own their draft pick at some point in the future. Them's the breaks.

No, the one that should have been traded or 3rd big was Favors. I get tired of saying Gobert was Kanters problem. Kanter and Gobert was the right combo period. The Jazz will see how Favors will not be clutch like Kanter.

I think the Jazz made a planning mistake....it took three seasons to realise that both Favors and Kanter are power forwards and not real centers. When they understood it, Enes became tradable because he didn't want to be 3rd big coming off the bench.

Jazz could not question Favors starting role because they gave him a long contract and counted him as the franchise future power forward. In addition Favors likes to live in SLC, he is an humble player, etc..
Kanter on the other hand didn't see himself as a good fit wit the Jazz, didn't feel total trust and wanted a starring role.
In my opinion Kanter trade is related to Favors and not Gobert.

Anyway, I think the Jazz played cheap with Kanter...trying to lower his value to avoid big offers in summer and convince him to resign low cost as 3rd big. This strategy didn't work because he didn't see his future in Utah and pushed for a trade. The trade has been the right thing for both but Kanter has been clearly underselled. The fans have the right to blame DL and the management for this.

Said this, the combo big Kanter/Gobert would have been more complementary...the Lakers game has shown the Jazz still need an offensive-minded big man that can create his own shot when needed and hit free throws with consistency. I'm not sure Booker is the answer.
Seraphin or Teletovic could be the players to target on free agency.

Last edited:
The Thunder are NEVER going to run the offense through Kanter. That is straight delusion.
And OKC lost the game. Look, with having 2 real superstars in your team, nobody else will be the first or 2nd option. But when you have a bad game, using other guys (not particular Kanter) abilities wouldn't be bad, if you want to win a game.
And yesterday, Westbrook had 38 ****ing attempts. How many times do you see this? Someone being NOT HOT and playing so much selfish (hmmm, yeah, Carmeloy like) Cut 18 attempts and distribute 6 attempts to 3 players. I am not saying let Kanter be the main guy. Wesbrook could still have a triple double that game with having 20 attempts, AND OKC would have won. That would have made a 30/10 game for Kanter if Westbrook played just a bit, only a bit teamball. Not for Kanter's sake, for OKC's.

This is the problem with Kanter. He demands to be featured
Because he can score. Why is this a bad thing? He is not chucker like other guys. And this is his strength. Shouldn't he use his strength or what?

Anyway, watch that OKC game and see it for yourself. Augustin and Kanter would have won the game for OKC if Westbrook played a bit for the team, not for himself. All OKC fans say the same thing. And OKC fans think Kanter had a good game last night. Probably all Kanter fans, right..

He was completely ignored in the 4th quarter and in the over time. He had like 18 points in 20 minutes with like 8 attempts. He could have got easily 30 points that night if Westbrook wouldn't have used 40 field goal attempts.
First two games he made pick and rolls with Kanter. The last game not one single try as far as I remember. Not just that, Kanter couldn't get the time to position in the lowpost because he had no time for it. Westbrook went for a jumper 50% of the time without waiting for the teammates (bad for off. rebounding). And Ibaka and Westbrook started with like 4/20 attempts combined. And Westbrook kept being selfish even he couldn't hit any jumpers that night (with some exceptions).
Phoenix wasn't ignoring Kancer when they were smoking his *** left and right in the 2nd half.

kanter is a very good playa. pretty funny how everyone was all up his booty here and then turned on him when the team turned on him. yall a buncha turncoats tbh. he's gonna be competin for a title this year and for years to come. lets see what the jazz are doin dis summer. this perpetual rebuild stuff is BS bros. we need to revolt. imma chain myself to the ESA nacho stand until justice is served. who's wit me.
We turned on the guy who demanded a trade...ok.

Phoenix wasn't ignoring Kancer when they were smoking his *** left and right in the 2nd half.

And yet he managed to keep the OKC in the game in the 3rd quarter and he had a team leading +/-.

I see that some of you are butthurt, but I didn't know that it hurts so much that you have to go that low. Not that Ibaka or Westbrook played like a crap or the rest of the team. Anyway, this debate is over for me now. I don't want to see how you people react when your girlfriends leave you. Do you cry that much too, after being left?
Can't you guys be a bit neutral, just a bit?

And yet he managed to keep the OKC in the game in the 3rd quarter and he had a team leading +/-.

I see that some of you are butthurt, but I didn't know that it hurts so much that you have to go that low. Not that Ibaka or Westbrook played like a crap or the rest of the team. Anyway, this debate is over for me now. I don't want to see how you people react when your girlfriends leave you. Do you cry that much too, after being left?
Can't you guys be a bit neutral, just a bit?

Yeah, kept them in the game...then kept the Suns in the game by playing such worthless defense that they were designing plays to be run at him. And then he was pulled because he was such a liability on defense, even though he was like totally the plus minus leader that night.

I see you'll defend Kancer at all costs...what are you his mother or something? Can't you try to be neutral, just a bit?

We turned on the guy who demanded a trade...ok.

he only demanded a trade after the 'chise turned it's back on him bro. he saw what was happenin and wanted out of da perpetual rebuild. he didnt wanna go down wit a sinkin ship after he had already invested so much time here and after what happened wit him in college, cant blame him bro. and not sayin u speciffically turned ur back, just the team did and the fans that support the perp. rebuild.

Enes Kanter learned from the best.

eXMAXI1.gif

Al does not need to play defense. His presence is enough for a scrub like Pau to miss his shot.

he only demanded a trade after the 'chise turned it's back on him bro. he saw what was happenin and wanted out of da perpetual rebuild. he didnt wanna go down wit a sinkin ship after he had already invested so much time here and after what happened wit him in college, cant blame him bro. and not sayin u speciffically turned ur back, just the team did and the fans that support the perp. rebuild.

The franchise that was starting him and giving him 27 minutes a game turned their back on him? Ok, whatever you all think.

And if the ship was sinking here, how was he not a massive hole in the bow?

And OKC fans think Kanter had a good game last night. Probably all Kanter fans, right..

The first few comments I stumbled on over there all said the exact opposite of what you just claimed. I even posted those quotes earlier in the thread and I think you responded to it. So that really is just a lie.

The first few comments I stumbled on over there all said the exact opposite of what you just claimed. I even posted those quotes earlier in the thread and I think you responded to it. So that really is just a lie.

I posted quotes from the same thread with positive quotes about Kanter. Imagine if the OKC thunder won in overtime. People tend to provide more positive quotes when a team wins over when a team loses as they try to sort out the reasons why they lost rather than post the reasons why they won. Imagine how much more positive comments there would have been if Russel Westbrook didn't miss that one layup.

lol. i know there are butts gettin hurt when i get negged for opinions. da kanter hate is pretty crazy. dont hate da playa. hate da game, bros. dont support da perp rebuild.