What's new

Report: #5, Favors, Burks for Cavs' #1 pick

Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 68 56.7%
  • Nay

Votes: 52 43.3%

• Total voters
There is no ****ing way im trading Favors, Burks, and #5 for #1 and Jarrett Jack, thats insane.

There are some decent candidates to replace Burks this year at 23 though. Adams, Bogdon, McDaniels, Hairston, Wilcox. The draft is unusually strong in the SG department past the lottery. Burks will be better than most of these guys, but they aren't scrubs.

Ah, then we simply have differing definitions of overpay.

It is indeed a lot.

Kinda like a bottle in da club. Normally you would not pay a G for a bottle of goose cause that's just stupid. But damn that experience is first class.

I guess I hope wiggins gives us that taste of success we had for so many years. but yeah its overpay, because he can't do it himself and in fact we may regret giving up so much a few years down the line if we can't replace the parts we gave up.

I voted no. I would rather include a top 3 protected first next year than Burks.
wow .. so u would take Burks over the 4th pick next year????

This message was brought to you via a mobile device
kkKKKkkkKKKKkkKKKKKkKKKkkkkkKKkkkkkkkkKKKkkkkkk

Yes because keeping burks means that we won't be picking 4 next year.
yeah... but if 4th pick is better and cheaper???

This message was brought to you via a mobile device
kkKKKkkkKKKKkkKKKKKkKKKkkkkkKKkkkkkkkkKKKkkkkkk

bad trade for jazz, favors + burks + 5th pick seems too much for my taste

but do the trade, blatt needs depth

Guys...Favors, Burks and any other current jazzman are loved and wanted on this team. But ultimately they are not the franchise player we need and are ultimately replaceable.

We must, MUST, get that franchise player. Wiggins could be that guy. Once you have him you can put the right pieces around him and build a champion.

My feelings exactly...

If I know the CBA correctly, it`s not even legal to trade Favors for Jack, let alone adding Burks. More needs to come back from Cleveland with Favors` new contract counting as his outgoing salary.

just need to trust our front office. If wiggins and parkers can be franchise player, cavs will trade their pick. why? cuz they are cavs.

and they will fire their gm again

If I know the CBA correctly, it`s not even legal to trade Favors for Jack, let alone adding Burks. More needs to come back from Cleveland with Favors` new contract counting as his outgoing salary.

possibly. I know in the past you could trade players straight up for draft picks. As long as teams are not past the salary cap. And I don't think either team is right now. But thew new CBA could be different.

possibly. I know in the past you could trade players straight up for draft picks. As long as teams are not past the salary cap. And I don't think either team is right now. But thew new CBA could be different.

Neither team has any cap room to speak of before the draft and it is not until July 1st that this years contracts will come off the books.

I think this rumor could be smoke screen. Jazz usually don't let the rumor go around. My sixth sense tells me that they are talking to bucks secretly