What's new

Republicans and Fascism

The party of greed.
I bet if you made a similar poll with the two options being: A. a strong economy or B. clean air, clean water, clean soil. You would see similar results.

Studies show that those who vote more liberal are generally more empathetic and those that vote more conservative tend to be more selfish. (saw that in the comments. Makes sense)

Last edited:

I wish they would post the actual stats behind these polls. Like how many people responded, how did they select them, what is the margin for error, how many that identified with each side refused to answer, or wanted to say Don't Know, etc. Polls have to always be taken with a grain of salt because you tend to get a lot of people responding who find the subject important or interesting, so it represents more the attitude of people who feel strongly about the subject, not just a cross-section of everyone. I imagine someone rabid about MAGA will jump at at poll like this while others might simply demur.

Missouri investigating a woman who said she had an abortion in another state (headline is not accurate):

I wish they would post the actual stats behind these polls. Like how many people responded, how did they select them, what is the margin for error, how many that identified with each side refused to answer, or wanted to say Don't Know, etc. Polls have to always be taken with a grain of salt because you tend to get a lot of people responding who find the subject important or interesting, so it represents more the attitude of people who feel strongly about the subject, not just a cross-section of everyone. I imagine someone rabid about MAGA will jump at at poll like this while others might simply demur.
I believe the New York Times/Siena College poll is the poll that showed people, both Democrats, Republicans, and Independents felt threats to democracy was an important issue, 71% responded that “democracy is under threat”, but only 7% considered it the most important issue. I’m not sure the stats here will help you, but the crosstabs break down things:

I do believe everyday issues will always outweigh concerns that democracy is under threat. For which reason, I will not be surprised if we trend toward more authoritarianism in the years ahead. I won’t be surprised if the SC rules in favor of the “independent legislature” theory, and move us closer to single party rule at the national level. I won’t be surprised if many would gladly flush democracy if gas prices drop, and all the other daily issues improve. I do believe many Americans favor authoritarian leaders anyway.

I believe the New York Times/Siena College poll is the poll that showed people, both Democrats, Republicans, and Independents felt threats to democracy was an important issue
Sure, but the biggest threat to democracy in that poll wasn't the GOP, Mega-MAGA, or Trump, etc. Per that poll, Americans feel the biggest threat to democracy is the mainstream media.

Sure, but the biggest threat to democracy in that poll wasn't the GOP, Mega-MAGA, or Trump, etc. Per that poll, Americans feel the biggest threat to democracy is the mainstream media.
So congratulations on your successful misinformation operations? I'm happy for you having accomplished your goal of degrading the trust Americans have for validated information and boosting the trust they give to celebrity idols in whatever they tell them.

Honest question: that's what idolatry is, right? I don't want to use the term wrong.

An interesting modern day religion could rise out of the MAGA movement. I mean all religions are initially regarded as cults, the biggest difference is time.

Everyone remember that literally, by the numbers, the most mainstream media of all is tucker carlson and joe rogan.
So that is the mainstream media we should have the least trust in right?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Not hard to see why that’s a concern. To MAGA and a majority of Republicans, the mainstream media is lying when they say Biden won the election, and there was no widespread election fraud. To MAGA and a majority of Republicans, they already firmly believe the 2020 election was stolen, via election fraud, by the Democrats, and mainstream media seems to be supporting rejecting the Big Lie as just that, a big fat lie, designed to erode faith in the integrity of our elections. The mainstream media must be a threat to democracy if they are denying the election was stolen. And that media is pushing all the investigations of their hero. So, really, what do you expect? Republicans are delusional, they’re not a good judge of interpreting current events in American history. They’re divorced from reality, specifically where 2020 is concerned.

I would also remind you of one of Trump’s favorite mantras: “Fake news”! Intoned by Trump especially when the media published stories that did not paint him in a favorable light. In fact, fake news became any news that was not favorable to Trump. I’m certain that has to have contributed to Republicans seeing the mainstream media as the enemy.

Democrats, on the other hand see Fox News, clearly a part of the mainstream media, as a danger to democracy for actively promoting the Big Lie. Not to mention attacking the FBI over the Mar-a-Lago raid, and all the investigations. In the person of people like Tucker Carlson. And the Democrats are right in viewing Fox News that way. They are the most watched cable news outlet. The Big Lie is most certainly a danger to democracy, and therefore those media outlets pushing it are damaging our democracy.

So members of both parties have a reason to be concerned with the media, and its effect on our democratic institutions. Democratic voters concerns are at least firmly rooted in the reality of current events at this time in our nation’s history. Republican concerns are largely rooted in a fiction.

Last edited:
So congratulations on your successful misinformation operations? I'm happy for you having accomplished your goal of degrading the trust Americans have for validated information and boosting the trust they give to celebrity idols in whatever they tell them.

Honest question: that's what idolatry is, right? I don't want to use the term wrong.

An interesting modern day religion could rise out of the MAGA movement. I mean all religions are initially regarded as cults, the biggest difference is time.
Great reply. Wish I read it before I posted my more long winded effort. As far as idolatry and a religion arising out of MAGA, it does have its promoters:

Perhaps, but much like Lucifer, Satan, Baphomet or whatever name you choose, those who breathe the most life into the dogma aren’t the tiny number of devil worshipers. That MAGA is being so talked about is because a marketing agency focus-group tested various terms to find the language that had the most power with democrat-leaning voters and the results made it into a Joe Biden speech to kick off a marketing campaign.

Sure, 8-chan actually existed and there were some actual people who got sucked up into the Q phenomenon, but nearly every mention I heard about Q was from people who lean to the political left. If you data harvested JazzFanz, I have little doubt the most mentions of Q would be from those on the same political side as The Thriller and Red. Those who have spent the most time reading and re-reading the sacred texts of Trump’s social media posts, obsessing over the tiniest details to extract meaning, are those on the same political side as The Thriller and Red. Those who put nearly all the effort into making sure the high holy dates such as January 6th aren’t forgotten are those on the same political side as The Thriller and Red.

Meanwhile in reality most conservatives are like LogGrad’s dad, and DeSantis is outpolling the former president. Most conservatives aren’t holding the past sacred much to the chagrin of many on the same political side as The Thriller and Red. To most conservatives and most Americans in general, it simply isn’t that important. They have lives and are more concerned about what the future holds.

I agree with your sentiment of a modern day religion rising out of the MAGA movement but I don’t think the devotees are who you think they are, and the church leaders are employees of a marketing agency well paid by political campaign money.

Cat cancel culture!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Now this I can get behind. I hate cats. Drop hair everywhere, claw my furniture, bring in dead animals all the time...oh and live ones! We ended up with a rat infestation because the cat kept bringing in live rats from the open field across the street from us. My wife saw her bring in at least 3 and all 3 escaped, of course, into the house. Plus they go feral and are incredibly destructive. And housecats are about the worst for species of birds and other animals that tend to be either benign or helpful, having driven several species straight up extinct.

Outdoor domestic cats are a recognized threat to global biodiversity. Cats have contributed to the extinction of 63 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles in the wild and continue to adversely impact a wide variety of other species, including those at risk of extinction, such as Piping Plover.

The ecological dangers are so critical that the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) lists domestic cats as one of the world’s worst non-native invasive species.

We have a lot of little lizards around here, but they are great because they keep the insect populations down, and are fun little critters. We started seeing more bugs in our house after we got the stupid cat, IMO at least partly because she relentlessly hunts the lizards so they stay away from our house. Cannot stand cats.

So to tie this back into the thread, cats are fascists living in everyone's homes and neighborhoods and need to be eradicated for the good of the nation.

Last edited:
Now this I can get behind. I hate cats. Drop hair everywhere, claw my furniture, bring in dead animals all the time...oh and live ones! We ended up with a rat infestation because the cat kept bringing in live rats from the open field across the street from us. My wife saw her bring in at least 3 and all 3 escaped, of course, into the house. Plus they go feral and are incredibly destructive. And housecats are about the worst for species of birds and other animals that tend to be either benign or helpful, having driven several species straight up extinct.

We have a lot of little lizards around here, but they are great because they keep the insect populations down, and are fun little critters. We started seeing more bugs in our house after we got the stupid cat, IMO at least partly because she relentlessly hunts the lizards so they stay away from our house. Cannot stand cats.

So to tie this back into the thread, cats are fascists living in everyone's homes and neighborhoods and need to be eradicated for the good of the nation.
I like cats and I've generally had very good cats that don't do any of those things. I like short-haired, spayed female cats. None of the ones I've had as an adult have been outdoor cats so I haven't had to deal with the dead animals. As a kid my parents let the cats outside and we had a couple that were really good hunters. They usually killed stuff all the way before bringing it to us.

I don't know if this is actually true but some random show I saw a long time ago said that house cats (as a species) kill the most weight worth of prey compared to any other animal besides humans.

I like cats and I've generally had very good cats that don't do any of those things. I like short-haired, spayed female cats. None of the ones I've had as an adult have been outdoor cats so I haven't had to deal with the dead animals. As a kid my parents let the cats outside and we had a couple that were really good hunters. They usually killed stuff all the way before bringing it to us.

I don't know if this is actually true but some random show I saw a long time ago said that house cats (as a species) kill the most weight worth of prey compared to any other animal besides humans.
I read that about cats too. The problem with housecats is they kill for instinct and not for food, so since they don't kill for food they tend to kill more to get the satiation they would get if they had to stop and eat their prey. This is why outside housecats are so destructive.

Our problem is we use a doggy door for our 13 year old Pomeranian and it isn't fair to punish her to corral the cat. I keep thinking of ways to "cancel" the cat that won't get me in too much trouble, no luck so far.

Again, to tie this back to the thread, apparently you are a fascist-loving commie since you like cats. Get edumacated man!!