What's new

Reputation Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let users spend rep points to **** with other users

500 rep points-Change users Sig for 24 hours

1000 rep points-Change users avatar for 3 days

10000 rep points-Ban User for a week

Move the like and dislike buttons to the other side of the little button place so there are no accidental dislikes.

Do away with neg rep. Pos rep only.

Dislikes count against rep, but only a little bit.

No rep (rap) cap.

Take away colt45's fake rep.

Well, at least I know I "really" have 348 rep POWER (@colton) and that's all that matters.

I agree with GF in that if we change this wipe everyone clean and start from scratch.
[MENTION=82]bigb[/MENTION], anonymous works for me.

Agreed. Start over.

Stoked put some good stuff above.

Maybe 3 likes equals a rep. Or five likes. Something like that.

I'm serious about doing away with neg rep. And make dislikes the new neg rep, but make them count for like 1/10 of a pos rep.

For reals though, what's the point value of a pos rep?

I think it's whatever the rep adjustment power of the person who gives it out.
[MENTION=14]colton[/MENTION] could explain more in depth.

in other words, when you neg me out of butthurt, and then I neg you back, you get the worst of it.

Real life examples are the most illustrative, gais.

If you keep rep. (I would rather see it disappear).
Then Tenure and post count should have nothing to do with it.
Make every rep worth the same amount, rep power should be eliminated.
One rep positive or negative for every rep given.
Likes and dislikes should replace the current rep system, just give rep points for those instead of having a separate button. That way they are public and everybody can see for what people are getting rep votes. It would also eliminate the comment section of rep system.
I think these ideas eliminate the divisiveness of the rep system. While still letting others know what posts people like and what posters make the more popular posts.

I don't really use the system but would do away with rep. When you negative rep someone they will always take it personally, return the favor leaving a nasty little comment, and the point of the conversation is lost. Not to mention the absurd number of annoying alts who exist on this forum just to serve that system and bolster someones "main".

A simple like, dislike system is less personal, less hierarchy oriented, and doesn't draw attention to itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.