What's new

Reputations tweaked

colton

All Around Nice Guy
Contributor
In case anyone's curious, I tweaked the reputation levels and powers a little. The levels are now closer together, giving us more of a spread in levels, and you get a little more reputation power now for having a high reputation yourself.

In case anyone's curious, I tweaked the reputation levels and powers a little. The levels are now closer together, giving us more of a spread in levels, and you get a little more reputation power now for having a high reputation yourself.

I'm still not understanding why your rep power is higher than anyone elses. Can you explain?

Admins get higher rep.

Besides, if you criticize he might -4 you.

Why do Admins get higher rep? At the risk of a -4, why is their rep evaluation automatically worth more than the person who just did their 50th post? This aggression will not stand, man.

Why do Admins get higher rep? At the risk of a -4, why is their rep evaluation automatically worth more than the person who just did their 50th post? This aggression will not stand, man.

Well, on that issue I don't make the rules. I just answered the question as to why his rep power was higher.

Maybe it's in lieu of pay?

Well, on that issue I don't make the rules. I just answered the question as to why his rep power was higher.

Maybe it's in lieu of pay?

Besides, apparently he's in charge of it. He could always give himself a level of 50, just for the hell of it.

Besides, apparently he's in charge of it. He could always give himself a level of 50, just for the hell of it.

Yes; the default was for administrators to have a rep power of +10. That seemed a little outrageous, so I bumped it down to just 1 point higher than the highest regular user. Seemed like a reasonable number.

Plus, in some sense, it's silly for admins to have a rep power at all, since we (Jason and I) can always manually edit anyone's rep to be whatever we want. But this way we still get to play the game, as it were.