What's new

Rest Easy, The Jazz Will Be Awful

Relax. It’s a long season. Injuries and shooting slumps will happen.

I’m old enough to remember the 2004 Jazz team that looked unstoppable early on. Then AK47 broke his wrist and Boozer tweaked his hammy. That hellish season landed us a top pick which turned into Dwill.

Relax everyone.

Enjoy the season.

Dude we just beat two of the best teams in the league. Ready to compete? So far we’re exceeding Golden State, Phoenix, Philly, the teams we just beat and a few others in that department.
Come on. This is two games. Lets not act like we are contenders now. This team is better than what most people seemed to think before the season and I was one of those who was actually warning that this will be the case. But this team is not great or "ready to compete". This is a mid-30s team most likely, unless we suffer some major injuries or we sell off our better vets. No need to act like we are on the precipice of deep playoff run based on 2 early games.

Come on. This is two games. Lets not act like we are contenders now. This team is better than what most people seemed to think before the season and I was one of those who was actually warning that this will be the case. But this team is not great or "ready to compete". This is a mid-30s team most likely, unless we suffer some major injuries or we sell off our better vets. No need to act like we are on the precipice of deep playoff run based on 2 early games.
Truthfully I don’t really know what we have here. I don’t think playoffs are out of the question which puts us in the “competitive” category, I mean that’s generally the standard isn’t it. And how would we know unless we tried?

As some of you guys think it would be a crime not to intentionally lose games now so that we might get a 14% shot at Wemby, I think it’s a crime against the players, coach and paying fans not to give it an honest effort. Who besides Wemby is better than what we have now? And more importantly, who would fit in and meld like these guys have in such a short period? I really don’t want another prima Donna malcontent mucking up the good vibes.

For me it’s all about chemistry and by all indications, we finally have some. For a lot of you guys, it’s all about the Star value the prospect has, but there’s a lot more to it than that. Look at Lebron, maybe the GOAT, but how many times has he gotten it right with his insistence on stars to play with? Seems like the right coach and internal chemistry have been more important even for him. Then there’s injuries to consider as well. So much is up to chance regardless.

Sure Wemby would be nice but he’s a huge gamble too, susceptible to injury and he’ll be bolting for the bright lights like Mitchell only a lot sooner. Scoot is undersized and not much of an upgrade, if any from what we have already, and anybody else we could probably trade up for anyway. It’s not a sin not to tank in our situation, it’s a sin not to try.

Remember Brett Brown the Process coach for the Sixers? Unhirable, not to mention the patsies they had as players. You really have no problem doing that to our guys after the heart soul and ability they’ve already shown? You’re colder hearted than me then.

Truthfully I don’t really know what we have here. I don’t think playoffs are out of the question which puts us in the “competitive” category, I mean that’s generally the standard isn’t it. And how would we know unless we tried?

As some of you guys think it would be a crime not to intentionally lose games now so that we might get a 14% shot at Wemby, I think it’s a crime against the players, coach and paying fans not to give it an honest effort. Who besides Wemby is better than what we have now? And more importantly, who would fit in and meld like these guys have in such a short period? I really don’t want another prima Donna malcontent mucking up the good vibes.

For me it’s all about chemistry and by all indications, we finally have some. For a lot of you guys, it’s all about the Star value the prospect has, but there’s a lot more to it than that. Look at Lebron, maybe the GOAT, but how many times has he gotten it right with his insistence on stars to play with? Seems like the right coach and internal chemistry have been more important even for him. Then there’s injuries to consider as well. So much is up to chance regardless.

Sure Wemby would be nice but he’s a huge gamble too, susceptible to injury and he’ll be bolting for the bright lights like Mitchell only a lot sooner. Scoot is undersized and not much of an upgrade, if any from what we have already, and anybody else we could probably trade up for anyway. It’s not a sin not to tank in our situation, it’s a sin not to try.

Remember Brett Brown the Process coach for the Sixers? Unhirable, not to mention the patsies they had as players. You really have no problem doing that to our guys after the heart soul and ability they’ve already shown? You’re colder hearted than me then.
Those cold-hearted sixers made some dudes millions who would never see those kind of paychecks in their life otherwise.

Relax. It’s a long season. Injuries and shooting slumps will happen.

I’m old enough to remember the 2004 Jazz team that looked unstoppable early on. Then AK47 broke his wrist and Boozer tweaked his hammy. That hellish season landed us a top pick which turned into Dwill.

Actually, the Jazz got screwed over in the lottery and were rewarded the 6th pick despite being the 4th worst team.

They had to trade up to 3rd.

Actually, the Jazz got screwed over in the lottery and were rewarded the 6th pick despite being the 4th worst team.

They had to trade up to 3rd.
The point still remains, this team looks good right now. Give it the course of the season and things will end up just fine. They’re having to play with playoff like energy in these games. It’s just not sustainable over the course of the season.

In spite of whatever I may say about the wisdom (or lack thereof) in tanking, it's really far, far too early in the season to know what the Jazz's (or any other team's) fate will be. We may just be riding a chip-on-their-shoulders unsustainable high right now. Maybe trades happen. Maybe the Jazz are actually good. We don't really know.

All I can try to do is enjoy the ride, knowing that any outcome has its positives and negatives.

I'm not worry too much. We can't play with the same energy and efficiency every single night. And load management will start soon. Sit Mike the next 2 games for example ( small injuries after hitting Rudy) and we loose the next 2. We are 2-0 but with a bit of effort at coaching we can easily to a 0-8 for the games.
If i was DA,unless i got a fantastic offfer for some vets, i will not trade anyone. Imagine the same team ( i know im dreaming) + Victor and we will be a contender almost immediatly....

Jazz are currently leading the league in made 3s and are 5th in 3P%.
They're 3rd in offensive rating and 10th in defensive rating.
They're 4th in Net Rtg.
It's early obviously, but that's very similar to where the Jazz were last year.
Yeah too early. We dont even know who the elite teams are yet. Need to get through a cycle where everyone has at least played each other once

Bump… to be fair… the tanky sixers actually started 3-0 too… we are like 100 times more talented than that team and are beating the **** out of good teams.

Yeah too early. We dont even know who the elite teams are yet. Need to get through a cycle where everyone has at least played each other once
this team is clearly not in tank mode and you should be worried if you were on the tank wagon, as it seems since you created this topic and have been completely wrong about them so far.
No wonder you are clinging to the need more time too small a window line lol.
just admit you were wrong and take an ice bath

this team is clearly not in tank mode and you should be worried if you were on the tank wagon, as it seems since you created this topic and have been completely wrong about them so far.
No wonder you are clinging to the need more time too small a window line lol.
just admit you were wrong and take an ice bath
Clinging?