What's new

Reverse Pet Peeves

I've always said the only things I don't like about the beach are the sun, the sand, and the salt water. Other than that the beach is alright.
I'm a card-carrying beach-bum. I'd live on the beach if I could. I mean right on it. In a sand-Castle or whatever. What a ****ing great day! Weather was perfect. View was unbelievable. Lots of, um, other great things to watch. Fantastic. And basically did nothing. Living the dream.

I'm a card-carrying beach-bum. I'd live on the beach if I could. I mean right on it. In a sand-Castle or whatever. What a ****ing great day! Weather was perfect. View was unbelievable. Lots of, um, other great things to watch. Fantastic. And basically did nothing. Living the dream.
I lived in San Diego for 6 years and went to the beach like 4 times. Absolutely not my thing. Really not my thing.

Im the same. Cant get enough of the beach. Also the mountains and forest. This is why lake tahoe is probably the best habitat in the world for me. Though the water is too cold but i could always wear a wetsuit

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Depends what she means by warmer than SLC. I would prefer somewhere that does not have miserable winters like SLC, but also not scorching summers. A nice place that is 70-90 year round sounds great to me, especially if its near water. I want somewhere that has a decent size city nearby but has plenty of open space nearby as well I can escape to. Oh, and a cheap cost of living. Easy enough!

My guess for me that is that is going to end up being south east asia or the pacific somewhere. My plan is to move to another country that I might not like for 4-5 years where we can both make money. Then my wife and I will move to a place we might want to retire and work for a few more years before retiring and running a small hotel with a bar and a gym near the ocean in a good spot.

She wants to keep a house in Shanghai and I want to have a place in SLC so we can bounce around to and make a little money on. We'll see about the SLC side though. It looks hard to find a place. I am hoping both Shanghai and SLC have a small crash soon in housing.
She keeps saying St. George area. Salt Lake is about 15 degrees too hot for me.

Circle K’s new sip and save promotion is awesome. Pay $5.99 up front and get a free drink everyday for 30 days. The XL fountain drinks come out to $1.19 after tax.

Circle K’s new sip and save promotion is awesome. Pay $5.99 up front and get a free drink everyday for 30 days. The XL fountain drinks come out to $1.19 after tax.
I just read about that. That is incredible. But I need to cut down on soda and sugar and not load up. Could be great for a cheat month though, but this cheat year needs to be over soon for me.

I just read about that. That is incredible. But I need to cut down on soda and sugar and not load up. Could be great for a cheat month though, but this cheat year needs to be over soon for me.
The literal only bad thing I do is drink soda. I’m sure it will catch up to me when I’m older.

The Diabetes Special. Amazing.
That was pretty much what I was thinking.

I'm in no position to judge but man am I happy I don't have a sugar addiction. I really don't eat any sweets as a habit, not big on candy, chocolate, cake, or anything like that, but the sugar MOAB (mother of all bombs) is the gigantic soda. They put salt in the soda so that they can add more sugar without it getting too sweet to drink. The sugar level isn't there for taste, otherwise they wouldn't add salt to neutralize the sweetness. It is there in combination with caffeine to be addictive.

They put salt in the soda so that they can add more sugar without it getting too sweet to drink. The sugar level isn't there for taste, otherwise they wouldn't add salt to neutralize the sweetness. It is there in combination with caffeine to be addictive.

What soda are you drinking that adds salt? Maybe you are referring to the sodium, which comes from other sources, like the flavor preservatives, but isn't added so they can add more sugar.

If soda companies could add less sugar they would because sugar costs money.

Last edited:
What soda are you drinking that adds salt? Maybe you are referring to the sodium, which comes from other sources, like the flavor preservatives, but isn't added so they can add more sugar.

If soda companies could add less sugar they would because sugar costs money.
Yeah this is exactly why they went to corn syrup, it is perceived as sweeter than regular sugar and costs a lot less.

Okay, I'm saying something I heard once some time ago and maybe I either misunderstood or they were incorrect.

In addition you also get poor health and an early death!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app