What's new

Ricky Rubio / Eurobasket

I just watched him live from the 2nd row closely although I was a bit late to the game. He looks strong and quick enough already. Made incredible passes. Played strong D even when Spain had a comfortable lead. But he still seems to lack confidence with his shot. So nothing new here, Rubio as usual. I'm sure the Jazz will help him and we'll start to see a different player though.

I just watched him live from the 2nd row closely although I was a bit late to the game. He looks strong and quick enough already. Made incredible passes. Played strong D even when Spain had a comfortable lead. But he still seems to lack confidence with his shot. So nothing new here, Rubio as usual. I'm sure the Jazz will help him and we'll start to see a different player though.

Hopefully Quin screams at him several times for not taking a shot.

Doncic balling again... scoring through Porzingis... drawing fouls, putting him in foul trouble, then POSTED HIM UP and scored vs him in the next possession??? WTF?!?

BTW pretty good game for Porzingis too.

Wow! Great game. Lots of swings. I'm sold on Doncic. Trade the whole team for him. (Sans Gobert)

Apart from Rubio, there were other JAZZ guys in the building tonight. AK47 was chilling with his family and Igor Kokoskov was coaching Slovenia.

Is there anybody in next draft class who will be taken in front of Doncic? Kid is making himself a clear Nr. 1 pick in this championship. I do not remember 18 year old dominating Eurobasket like that ever.

Is there anybody in next draft class who will be taken in front of Doncic? Kid is making himself a clear Nr. 1 pick in this championship. I do not remember 18 year old dominating Eurobasket like that ever.

There are still 2 maybe 3 prospects that could challenge him for #1. Bagley, Porter and Ayton (maybe)

Safe to say it's never happened.

Also i have never seen Eurobasket lacked talent so bad.
We will see his real performance vs Spain, the only decent team in the tournament.

I'm not sold on Doncic at all. He needs to be much quicker if he wants a place in the NBA. His ball handling is mediocre at best too. Kid is a competitor obviously, he'll only improve but I doubt he can turn into an elite NBA player. In fact I remember him struggling mightily against my team Fenerbahce, finishing with zero points. He needs to be tested against top competition before we call him the next big thing.

He needs to be tested against top competition before we call him the next big thing.

What kind of bigger competition was Nowitzki, Gasol or Porzingis tested at 18 years of age? None of them were even close to what Doncic is showing at this age vs adults. Give kid some props.

any one see the funny twitter with Rubio and Ingles.

That was great. Not sure if anyone's posted it in a different thread, but...

[TWEET]907345969393446912[/TWEET]

[TWEET]907347465032142848[/TWEET]

[TWEET]907351187053146112[/TWEET]

[TWEET]907352523983466497[/TWEET]

#BaldJoeIsComing

Russia vs Greece pretty ugly, but Russia has battled back a couple of times to get it close. AK is sweating it out. Russia closer to full strength than most teams.

Yeah, ugly but interesting game. Shved started taking over in 3d, Greece looks tired.

Sugarless' post for those on the app...

Joe: Had my first tour of the new practice facility. Easily going to be the biggest & best in the league. Exciting time to be apart of [MENTION=1422]utahjazz[/MENTION]!

Ricky: Big enough so I don't have to see you everyday?

Joe: They have a pony tail room off to the side for you *♀️

Ricky: Don't start that game. Don't be jealous. You wish you had my hair. A year from now you won't need a haircut ever again... #BaldJoeIsComing