What's new

Rockets Series Predictions/Analysis?

Swept us in the season and put up 20+ point beat downs on their court. Plus we are without Rubio.

I think we need a miracle.

Miracle?

You must not have heard of the rookie phenom taking the league by storm.

He is 6'8" , has a 65" vertical, runs a 3.40 40yard dash, and has a 8' wing span. His name is Spida Mitchell. He is inexorable.

Jazz in 7 if Rubio comes back in game 4. Rockets in 6 of he doesn't come back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If Rubio plays more than one game Rockets in 6. Otherwise Rockets in 5. I think the Jazz have a chance to win, but it's not a very large one. It's looking more like the Pelicans and Jazz are roadblocks for the inevitable show down of the Warriors vs Rockets. I just don't believe that the Jazz are at the same tier as those two teams. There getting closer, but the Jazz still need a little more fire power.

We were 0-4 against them during the regular season. I'm pretty sure there's never been a case where a team went 0-4 during the regular season and then managed to beat that team in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

We were 0-4 against them during the regular season. I'm pretty sure there's never been a case where a team went 0-4 during the regular season and then managed to beat that team in the playoffs.

Lol at everyone shaking in their boots. As Cy said it’s hard to win 4 in a row, Houston’s gonna find out it’s a real bitch winning 5 in a row.

Lol at everyone shaking in their boots. As Cy said it’s hard to win 4 in a row, Houston’s gonna find out it’s a real bitch winning 5 in a row.
It won't be a sweep. Probably Rockets in 6; I would have given it a shot to go 7 games (and an outside chance of us winning) if Rubio were healthy. We've had the 2nd best record since Rudy returned. We've been elite. But I'm okay if this is where our season ends. It's been a wildly satisfying ride. Whatever wins we get against Houston is just icing on the cake.

Obviously I would love to see us win this series. But as long as it isnt a sweep and ill be okay with it. I would like to see us competitive in most of the games as well. A blowout wont be a big deal but if it is multiple blow outs like last year against the Ws ill be disappointed. Health was the reason for it last year. I think Rubio out will hurt us a lot but we are way more healthy than last year at this point.

Even before this game I thought Rockets in 5. Still think that. They are just better than the Jazz until Mitchell can get a few more seasons under his belt and reach that top alpha status, and until the Jazz can get one more good scoring piece on the team.

There are things a team has to do to slow down the Rockets, and they revolve around Harden and Paul.

Harden:
1-keep him off the wings. And extend the perimeter.
2-overplay his left. Force him right.
3-guard the 3 and paint. Give him mid range all day.
4-hedge/anticipate screens. Don't wait for the screen. Anticipate and react to avoid having to switch. Don't extend arms forward when jumping screens.

Paul is easier to guard 1 in 1 (not easy) and his mid-range is automatic. Keep him off the elbows and don't give him open shots.

Finally, double and make the other players beat you.