What's new

Rockets Series Predictions/Analysis?

Grimmetal

Haven't seen a focused thread on this yet, most of the discussion has been individually sprinkled throughout the forum. So, what've we got? Rockets are about to be back to full strength with Mbah a Moute coming back. We're heading in with no Rubio and short rest.

Obviously, team defense is going to be key for keeping us competitive, but I think we're going to need something special each night to hope for a win. Mitchell and Ingles will have to pick up the Rubio slack and I think Neto or Burks are going to have to be very good and consistent coming off the bench.

Exum? I've lost confidence in him. Maybe he'll find the secret sauce in this series, but his offensive troubles affect the whole team. But I think this series is going to be more about who wants to perform when the pressure is on. So far, Royce has shown up more often than not and now I'd say Burks has outperformed Dante in certain areas. Hoping Neto can come in and run the backup point for some minutes.

We're not winning any shootouts. Defense and making open shots if we have a prayer. OKC tried playing 5 out (and no, it didn't go well) but we countered well in Game 3.

I still have Rockets in 6 probably. Depends on how hot their shooting is/our defense is.

I'm pretty sure the Jazz are gonna drop game 1. Circumstances are just completely against them. No rest, no time to develop a game plan which I think with Snyder is one of our greatest strengths, (probably) no Rubio. But maybe adrenaline and the Rockets being overconfident give us a shocker.

I'm a huge homer so I can only give my homer perspective. I think our defense stifles and frustrates them. If we get up in the series I think they fall apart. Jazz in 6, 7 if the refs try gifting the series to Houston.

Rockets in 5 unfortunately.

Same prediction I made in the OKC series with Jazz winning only one though so... there's that.

Rockets is one of the worst matchups for the Jazz even more than GSW. This will be the steepest path on the road.

If Rubio is back completely healthy by Game 4, we will win in 7.

This is a tough one for us and if Rubio is out for more than just game 1 it will get ugly. If I was a gambling man I would have to say Rockets in 6.
I'll gladly eat crow to and be wrong if we upset them

What is it with Utah PG's and the 2nd round?
Jazz are still a 6th man and healthy PG away from contending. As much as I hate to say this, Rockettes in 5.

On a positive note, if AB plays well, maybe he generates some trade interest?
Exum's value likely dropped if any prospective suitors were watching the OKC series.

Rockets in 6, but.....

I think Utah gives them everything they can handle. If Rubio was healthy, I think this is a 7 game series where anything could happen. If Utah can somehow scratch their way to split the first 4 games and Ricky returns, look out.

Houston and their idiot fan base are easily the easiest bunch to dislike in the entire league and they’re currently laughing at us, thinking that we’re a joke of a speed bump. I hope my prediction is wrong and win or lose, I know the Jazz are gonna rattle these chumps.

Game one feels like a loss. 36 hours to adjust to a completely different team after a hard fought series.

I hope the Rockets come out and hit everything, get one of their hot games out of the way, and give us a ton to adjust too.

If the Rockets are cold then I really hope a few people step up and we pull one out of our asses. That would be huge (duh)

Then we get a long wait until Wednesday, game plan, rest, and adjustments. Assuming we get shelled game 1 I’d love to at least put up a good fight game two, obviously a win would be huge.

Then home is where the series gets decided. If the crowd is insane again, if the team is getting into it, it’s possible we just aren’t beatable at home this postseason.

I can easily see 4-7 game outcomes so any prediction would feel dumb. I just hope we play like we have since January, and if we go out we go down swinging. We should’ve easily beat OKC in 5 games. With two home blowouts. And there is a lot to improve on from just about everyone except Mitchell. Who we can not keep expecting to drop 28 a night, but if he does I guess I wouldn’t be surprised at this point.

I can’t wait to watch Quin work. That switching defense with no Rubio should be a killer, but it gives a few guys chances to have a big series for us. The Gobert matchup will be a lot of fun to watch, I wonder what Houston will do against him, and if he’ll be able to adjust to it.

Just enjoy the ride folks. And remember Chris Paul has never been to the conference finals, that’s a storyline worth keeping alive.