What's new

Rodney King revisited

Naw, Eric, I really aint got no clue who Colbert is. Never heard of no SCILF, neither, that I recalls. Ya don't hafta explain the whole "Colbert" reference. Just tell me what ya mean, eh?

The S stand for Stephen. He's on comedy Central, Monday-Thursday, 10:30pm.

The S stand for Stephen. He's on comedy Central, Monday-Thursday, 10:30pm.

Lemme guess, eh? Mebbe the C stands for Colbert? I don't watch no comedy shows. By the I spend an hour or two at this here joint, I'm generally all laffed out, ya know? Ya still didn't answer the question, though, eh?

Lemme guess, eh? Mebbe the C stands for Colbert? I don't watch no comedy shows. By the I spend an hour or two at this here joint, I'm generally all laffed out, ya know? Ya still didn't answer the question, though, eh?

Well, I'm not sure I can answer it. Some things must be experienced to be understood.

YOu can view previous shows online at www.comedycentral.com, if you really want to know.

Hopper,

did your mother beat you as a child?

Yo Mama mighta, Son, if you're the kid I'm thinkin ya might be. I had that lil sucka down on his front porch and was sittin on top of him, gittin ready to pound his sorry face, when his Mama come out and beat me off.

For me, it works as a satire, but from a character for whom it is not satire.

Well, Kicky seems to think I done it to compare the mods to the LAPD. Could be satirical, I spoze, but, underlyin the whole thang is an age-old philosophical question that's debatable, ya know?

Last edited:
Goin way back to the 4th century B.C., when Plato writ the Republic. Socrates and Thrasymachus gits to talkin about what "justice" is, and all. Simplied, Thrasymachus says might makes right ("justice is the advantage of the stronger"), and defends that position strongly, as many would no doubt do today (although they might temper it with a few vague qualifications these here days, I spect). Socrates wasn't 100% convinced, so they talks about it for a good long spell, eh?

Prescriptive vs. descriptive standards; positive vs. "natural" law; pragmatism vs. idealism, and alla that there, ya know?

Last edited:
Not sure why you think it's condescension, eh, Biley? Different people have different preferences, that's all. You routinely advise me to "make points," and I certainly know from prior discussions with you that that happens to be your approach to any discussion. You take a stand, then set out to "prove" your point. It all seems to be a contest with you, and you're hardly alone in that perspective.

One aspect of your methods that I would criticize (call it "condescension," if you like) is your tendency to demonize your opponents and express vehement personal animosity toward those who don't readily concede the correctness of your opinions. In my book, characterizing those who disagree with you as "barbarians,' for example, might qualify as "condescension."

This whole freaking thread is condescending. It's written from the standpoint of a wise master who wants to teach his students a lesson by way of parable. And that's 90 percent of your threads. We're all the little mice that have to run the maze to get the piece of cheese at the end. Only there's never any cheese there. That might have worked for Aristotle, but you aint Aristotle aint, and if Aristotle tried his **** out on an internet message board he'd get the same reaction.

So here's a little advice. Real street. If you got something to say, come out and say it. You don't want to be reduced to simpletons like us who make 'points,' then just come out with all the big ideas you got, open ended as they might be, and people will respond. Of course, to do that, you'd have to come out from behind the curtain and face all us insecure people who don't post as cartoon characters. And we all know what what happened the last time a Wizard came out from behind the curtain.

This whole freaking thread is condescending. It's written from the standpoint of a wise master who wants to teach his students a lesson by way of parable. And that's 90 percent of your threads. We're all the little mice that have to run the maze to get the piece of cheese at the end. Only there's never any cheese there. That might have worked for Aristotle, but you aint Aristotle aint, and if Aristotle tried his **** out on an internet message board he'd get the same reaction.

So here's a little advice. Real street. If you got something to say, come out and say it. You don't want to be reduced to simpletons like us who make 'points,' then just come out with all the big ideas you got, open ended as they might be, and people will respond. Of course, to do that, you'd have to come out from behind the curtain and face all us insecure people who don't post as cartoon characters. And we all know what what happened the last time a Wizard came out from behind the curtain.

He fixed the cable?

The scarecrow got a brain?

I appreciate your answers to my riddle, children, but you're not there yet. You need to paint the fence first and wax my car before Daniel-San becomes the little bonzai that grows into a great oak.

If you got something to say, come out and say it.

Biley, I'm quite familiar with your game, which is basically to try to bait someone into an argument and then try to give the appearance of "winning" the argument with sophistical ad hominem attacks, fallacious reasoning, bluster, and insult.

I don't care to play your game, and that's why I seldom respond to you and always regret it when I do. You have no desire to honestly discuss anything. You simply want to see if you can either (1) cram your half-baked opinions down someone's throat and/or (2) play to the crowd, acting as though you have "destroyed" someone with your simplistic and bogus tactics.

Why do you address me? Why don't you have me on ignore? If you don't like intelligent discussion, why do you post in my threads? Why do you presume to tell me how to express myself?

Go away. I don't care to interact with you, OK?