What's new

Roe v. Wade is going down

I know I know, I’m just being alarmist I know…

As historically understood, marriage is aconjugal bond. What does that mean? It means a permanent and exclusive union of man and woman ordered to procreation and the rearing of children…
It is in physical acts of conjugal union — acts that are of the procreative type, whether or not they are procreative in effect — that husband and wife become, to use the language of the Bible, “one flesh.” That, and that alone, is what explains the historic role of consummation in our marriage laws.

The revisionist ideas embodied in the Respect for Marriage Act and the Obergefell decision represent a radically different understanding. “Marriage” is no longer a conjugal bond but is reduced instead to a form of sexual-romantic companionship or domestic partnership. The revisionist account utterly dissolves the intrinsic connection of marriage to procreation precisely because doing so is necessary to eliminate the norm of sexual complementarity.

If marriage is basically a form of sexual-romantic companionship or domestic partnership, then there is no reason that a man cannot be married to another man, or a woman to another woman, just as a man and woman can be married. But, by precisely the same token, there is no reason that marriage should be monogamous rather than polyamorous —an ensemble of three or four or five people united as a group in a sexual partnership. If sex (or gender) doesn’t matter, then the number cannot matter either.

Pro life!

And as soon as they get power, they’re going to institute an abortion ban on all states.

This is what’s at stake in 2022. A vote for a Republican Congress is a vote for a Republican president in 2024 no matter what the actual election results are. Which will mean an abortion ban come 2025 if/when Republicans control the 3 branches of government.

Is this really the society we want?
Called it. They’re pushing to ban abortion if given power.

View: https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1569724172993200128?s=46&t=NRx7PB3qZdQmbqc-PFkTMw

Going after in-vitro fertilization now.

So basically, if a woman doesn't want to have a baby then she has to have one but if a woman wants to have a baby they wont let her.

So basically, if a woman doesn't want to have a baby then she has to have one but if a woman wants to have a baby they wont let her.
More likely, someone has to take all those unused embryos. Forced implantation.

It’s the small government conservatives have been begging for for years. Can you feel the freedumb yet?

At least you can easily buy several guns, ammo, and body armor. Murika!

More likely, someone has to take all those unused embryos. Forced implantation.
Depends on what socio-economic class you come from. I’m guessing mostly white women with money and good prenups won’t have anything forced on them. Not sure you could say the same thing about the poors. Then again, they deserve it. They didn’t pull themselves up by their own bootstraps and now they face the consequences.

This was all easily predictable years ago. The “pro life” movement never focused on actually helping women or children. It was always about restoring the patriarchal hierarchy that was lost under Roe. It’s why they continue to fight against the ERA.

I know I know, I’m just being alarmist I know…

Well it doesn’t look like you need to be an alarmist anymore.

Raises the question, what is the process for removing a supreme court justice if need be? Has it ever happened before?

Raises the question, what is the process for removing a supreme court justice if need be? Has it ever happened before?
Eh, did the google on the thing and found this:

How common is it to impeach judges?

Impeachment of judges is rare, and removal is rarer still. With respect to federal judges, since 1803, the House of Representatives has impeached only 15 judges — an average of one every 14 years — and only eight of those impeachments were followed by convictions in the Senate. Justice Samuel Chase is the only Supreme Court justice the House has impeached, and he was acquitted by the Senate in 1805.

Considering how partisan we are, and how little moral and ethical fiber any of our leaders actually have, I doubt it would ever happen. The whole thing Trump said about shooting someone on the street likely applies to nearly everyone on any side at this point, as they would never allow anyone that gives their party an edge to be removed from office for nearly any reason.