What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

Say the Jazz have interest in a player that played overseas or in the GLeague and is an unrestricted free agent. Can they sign him now or do they have to wait until July 1 when the new league year starts?

Or a young team with no depth and happy to have the vet presence/leadership. I don’t know if that’s the Jazz but it could be as a lot can happen between now and July.
I dont see Love agreeing to join a team just to be a cheerleader for younger guys. Could be wrong and maybe he's just a guy who's content just sticking around anywhere, but I think he would want a chance on a playoff team where he might have a chance at possibly getting in a game (which checks out given he asked out of Cleveland when it became clear they had no intention of giving him those minutes anymore).

I’m still not totally out on Lonzo depending on the deal.

If the Jazz really are eyeing a tankish scenario then that is the move to make. I think Lonzo/his people/the Bulls have been overthinking the obvious course of action but that they have all finally arrived at it: replace the missing meniscus with a cadaver’s since that tissue basically just doesn’t heal. Recovery time is still just way to long for a team that’s trying to win now or perhaps have already missed their window entirely, but I think it might work in the long run.

If the Jazz really are eyeing a tankish scenario then that is the move to make. I think Lonzo/his people/the Bulls have been overthinking the obvious course of action but that they have all finally arrived at it (replace the missing meniscus with a cadaver’s since that tissue basically just doesn’t heal).
Consider me still on team LaVar.

If the Jazz really are eyeing a tankish scenario then that is the move to make. I think Lonzo/his people/the Bulls have been overthinking the obvious course of action but that they have all finally arrived at it: replace the missing meniscus with a cadaver’s since that tissue basically just doesn’t heal. Recovery time is still just way to long for a team that’s trying to win now or perhaps have already missed their window entirely, but I think it might work in the long run.

Consider me still on team LaVar.
They likely would not give me the compensation I would require to take on Lonzo. I'm pretty sure I am out.

People are still wanting Lonzo on this forum? That dudes career might be over and we want to have another exum on the team?

People are still wanting Lonzo on this forum? That dudes career might be over and we want to have another exum on the team?
Another Exum? Exum never did anything because he sucked and he gets hurt all the time because he’s a rag doll.

Lonzo is the difference between the Bulls looking like a dark horse contender and a sorry team that can’t make the playoffs.

More crazy thoughts to add to the mix in here:

- What if Memphis continues to have playoff success without Ja? Would they ever decide that his off court stuff isn't worth what he is bringing as far as wins and losses (considering how good they have been without him)?

More crazy thoughts to add to the mix in here:

- What if Memphis continues to have playoff success without Ja? Would they ever decide that his off court stuff isn't worth what he is bringing as far as wins and losses (considering how good they have been without him)?
Nah dude… that market loves Ja… they’d revolt.

Back