What's new

Round 1 Game 1 Utah Jazz @ L.A. Clippers 8:30pm MDT

There were quite a few jazz fans sitting under the hoop. U can see a ton of hands being raised as the shot goes in. Lol

I was actually surprised how many jazz jerseys I saw there. There were about a full row and a half below us in the lower bowl almost all jazz jerseys.

It's the playoffs now. Injuries don't take as long.

I think I made a thread about the regular season reality and playoffs reality... they aren't the same.

Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now. Jazz are in the playoffs now.

They can. You dont want to roll out Rudy if he isnt healthy enough to really play. Hopefully we can steal game 2 and maybe buy him some time. Want to give Rudy as much time as possible to recover. I know it's a lofty thought, but maybe we continue to punk these bitch *** bitches w/o Rudy. Hell Ingles/Hood/Hayward/Hill all had sub-par offensive games. They get going, especially at home, I dont see the Clippers having enough playmakers to hang as long as our wings are putting the clamps on their wings.

Finally looking at the box score for this game:

Need to find Hayward and Hill some open 3's. The loss of Gobert makes this harder as he sucks in so much attention.

God damn Hayward crashed the glass hard. Rebounding is probably going to be a huge issue in game 2 (though Im impressed they only had 2 more offensive rebounds than us). Bolomboy might be a plug in answer to shave some minutes off Favors to keep him fresh. That is risky though given he barely played for the team all season.

Ingles 1/5 from 3, not great. Cant remember exactly, but at least 3 of them were wide open ones he usually nails.

Jazz should run 3/2 PNR with Hayward/Ingles early in Game 2, try to get JJ matched up on Hayward for some plays.

We survived a pretty great performance from CP3. His numbers were way better than I thought, near triple double. I dont mind him being a scorer. Doesnt scare me as much as their role players getting loose.

Griffin/Mbah a combined 4/7 from 3. Hopefully that gives them confidence so they chuck up more and inevitably miss most of them.

Oh, and I told y'all Jamal Crawford aint **** to be worried about. I welcome his ****ty shot attempts.

Awesome!

What a great game. Reminds me of the Denver series a few years back. We battled injuries but made up for them with hustle, great team defense, and timely plays. We ruined Melo's last chance with Denver. It would be fun to ruin CP3's last chance with LA.

Small ball is gonna be our key. If the clippers continue to switch picks then our smaller lineups are going to eat them alive.

Man imagine Joe Johnson on this team back in 2007. I'd of traded Boozer and AK for his ***.

Williams
Johnson
Brewer
Millsap
Okur

Could've been a damn good team. 3 guys that can kill you from deep. Joe Jesus scoring from anywhere on the floor, Prime DWill. Memo launching bombs. Millsap playing like a junkyard dog and Brewer with his decisive D and backfloor cuts.

Oh, and I told y'all Jamal Crawford aint **** to be worried about. I welcome his ****ty shot attempts.
Yeah, Crawford had a short stint where he made a couple of tough shots in a row, I thought he would torch us again but he never got on track after that. But I wouldn't be talking **** yet...he's not gonna play like garbage every game against us. I guarantee it.

Yeah, Crawford had a short stint where he made a couple of tough shots in a row, I thought he would torch us again but he never got on track after that. But I wouldn't be talking **** yet...he's not gonna play like garbage every game against us. I guarantee it.

At the end of the day what do you want: the ball in CP3's hands making plays or Crawford taking off-balance 18 foot runners over a shot contest?

Nothing earth-shatteringly new here but had to chime in as I'm just so proud of these guys. Kudos to fish for making me snap out of it after the Portland loss. Kudos to me for correctly identifying JJ as the X Factor (first one). Kudos to Doc Rivers for recognizing the defensive impact of Joe Ingles in his post game interview. Kudos to all the Jazz family for being clutch on the big playoff stage particularly after Gobert went down (nobody layed an egg). And Kudos to Gordon Hayward and Joe Johnson for making the Jazz look smart in their post game interviews.

C9fb9lXUMAAdPjz.jpg

When the game winning shot too good tho