What's new

Round 1 Game 1 Utah Jazz @ L.A. Clippers 8:30pm MDT

Woke up this morning and am still in utter shock that we were able to overcome Rudy going down, 1st playoff appearance in 5 years, hostile crowd, and foul trouble to win the game. This Jazz team has got some sneaky potential about it.

Impressive all year playing through adversity. I thought there was no way they win last night after steifle went down. But of course they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They laid off the fouls in the second half. Guess the refs must of got a call saying pull back a little or there will not be enough Jazz players left to finish the game.

Woke up this morning and am still in utter shock that we were able to overcome Rudy going down, 1st playoff appearance in 5 years, hostile crowd, and foul trouble to win the game. This Jazz team has got some sneaky potential about it.

I woke up to the front page of NBA.com claiming Utah wins on a buzzer beater by Joe Johnson. So thought it was going to be all good news.

Bu first, I am so ****ing glad Johnson got to take the last shot instead of Hayward. I've been wanting it to be this way the entire season.

Second, I think we might have the ****tiest luck out of all the teams win it comes to injuries this season. We literally can't catch a break. If one player gets healthy, another goes down. Hopefully it's just a sprain and a returned Derrick Favors is enough to get us by while Gobert recovers.

Lastly, I'm still super surprised we won without Gobert (in LA too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3--hld-4rP4

So awesome. After the gobert injury I just started drinking heavy and couldn't really remember a lot of the game.

From those highlights favors had a better game than I remembered.

So awesome. After the gobert injury I just started drinking heavy and couldn't really remember a lot of the game.

From those highlights favors had a better game than I remembered.

Always a good move, alcohol isn't a depressant, in my experience gin is the drink of old women and suicide cases...

Feel like the players over coming all this adversity and still winning will pay off huge dividends in the years to come. This is one heavy character/confidence building season.

They can. You dont want to roll out Rudy if he isnt healthy enough to really play. Hopefully we can steal game 2 and maybe buy him some time. Want to give Rudy as much time as possible to recover. I know it's a lofty thought, but maybe we continue to punk these bitch *** bitches w/o Rudy. Hell Ingles/Hood/Hayward/Hill all had sub-par offensive games. They get going, especially at home, I dont see the Clippers having enough playmakers to hang as long as our wings are putting the clamps on their wings.
Would be awesome to win this series without rudy and then get him back in round two

It's crazy how much things could have changed if that shot doesn't go in and we lose in OT.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
Yup, most likely series costing, but now it feels like the Jazz have a very real chance now.

"using your expiring assets to add depth to the squad rocks the boat too violently and may destroy our delicately balanced beamed cakk bakk" - me

IF is such a big word. Its a great result for belief, im about to watch the game again.
Yeah it all comes down to a few plays going your way. So many championship teams have a few what ifs in previous series every year.

"using your expiring assets to add depth to the squad rocks the boat too violently and may destroy our delicately balanced beamed cakk bakk" - me

Never in one game have my emotions went from pure agony to pure joy from minute one to minute 48. Unreal, simply unreal.

While of course Joe is the ****ing man, Favors deserves some major props for his game today. He really gave it his all.

And of course, for all that is holy please let Rudy be ok.
The Perfect Post

58d7f2efb7f90fa39ad9be7256e8f9e6.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Boris Diaw (23 minutes - 7 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists), George Hill (37 minutes - 16 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal) and Joe Johnson (31 minutes - 21 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and a block) combined for 91 minutes - 44 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 1 block and one clutch-*** game winning buzzer beater.

Dennis Lindsey is a bad man. He has built a helluva team. Hopefully Rudy gets back fast so he can make them even that more dangerous. Those three guys were brought in for this moment. Plus, Joe Ingles, Jeff Withey and Shelvin Mack were all recent acquisitions that helped play key minutes without being a major negatives when in the game. I was wrong about Withey and Mack. I'd have cut them to add guys at the deadline. Tonight, I'm glad they're still on the team.

Sooooo great not to have to listen to people whine about not making a move at the deadline. Other than GS getting that spineless creep from OKC, Utah easily had the best offseason.

DL is the man.

Jody Genessy‏ [MENTION=710]DJJazzyJody[/MENTION] 2m2 minutes ago
More
Rudy Gobert's MRI on his injured left knee revealed a hyperextension and bone bruise but no structural damage, according to Yahoo.

Bone bruise can still be weeks

Any kind of serious injury could have been career threatening. Rudy's game changes completely if he loses any of his athleticism. Praise the Gods that it wasn't any kind of structural damage. Even if he is done for the playoffs, this is freaking fantastic news.