What's new

Roy Moore justifications

you don't believe in god, remember. It's not God's fault I'm here, for sure.

you have no good sense in discussing religion, nobody expects you to be the expert there.

"bible-thumper" is a derisive term when used by moderate, established or traditional mainstream churches, even Mormons. The term is reserved for people who can----and do---actually quote a morsel of it in public, or at least have a copy in hand, wave it in the air, and impressively bang it on something when speaking in public.

I am of the persuasion, perhaps pushed a bit in the media, that Moore is the only politician in our lifetime who can do either of those wonders. I do not expect any congressman or Senator besides Moore to know or believe anything that does not come from the mainstream media.

you don't believe in god, remember. It's not God's fault I'm here, for sure.

you have no good sense in discussing religion, nobody expects you to be the expert there.

Dude... I remember once you had good sense. And it had to be pounded into you. Lay off the sauce bro.

I actually haven't heard any conservatives on talk shows fail to decry the 32/14 age gap/illegal exploitation of a minor issue. Some say they don't actually know what happened.

Some say pedophilia is not curable, that people who get into it never change. I disagree. I don't know, I don't think anyone knows that, or can know it. If someone wants to change, I think he can.

In that case, I don't think it is relevant to his politics today.

The real reason some have dug up the charges has nothing to do with some zealot who really is on a tear to make our leaders moral and good. It has everything to do with the politics of power. The RINO and other progressives just can't bear to have a Bible-thumping cretin braying about God in the US Senate. OMG.

So I think the status-quo mongers are making a fundamental mistake. Americans generally will resent, more and more, all the people who keep pushing the progressive ball up that ideological hill. And the harder they push, the faster it'll all come tumbling down.

Change needs to keep pace with people as much as people need to keep pace with change. Gradualism is the only way stable change can be achieved.

Stomp on a Bible-thumping sinner who's singing the praise of a merciful, healing, and forgiving God, and ten new converts will spring up from that bootprint.

I do not really care about why these charges were brought up. I care about the truthfulness of the charges. Did he do those things? If so the why is 100% irrelevant.

sexual allegations are not exclusive to one wing of the political spectrum

evil does not run down political lines.

evil runs through every human being. every single human being can do great good, or do great evil! every single human being is capable of being hitler and every single human being is capable of being ghandi!

Been some signs that they are turning on Bill Clinton and Joe Biden as well.

I'd like to see that. No, not being a dick. Yes, pretty interested. I mean, if it's realistic... the GOP has been trying to push that the D's are ousting Clinton(Hillary AND Bill) for the last three years.

I've had my share of issues with men (stalking, groping, catcalls, feeling unsafe, etc), including the perv who masturbated in front of me and my cousins when I was 10. None of them are famous, for which I am grateful. I can't imagine how hard it would be to share my stories publicly. I greatly admire all these women coming forward. I never thought this could an issue that might change in my lifetime, and I cannot tell you how pleased I am.

I've had my share of issues with men (stalking, groping, catcalls, feeling unsafe, etc), including the perv who masturbated in front of me and my cousins when I was 10. None of them are famous, for which I am grateful. I can't imagine how hard it would be to share my stories publicly. I greatly admire all these women coming forward. I never thought this could an issue that might change in my lifetime, and I cannot tell you how pleased I am.

I think it is great that it is being brought up. But America has the attention span of a toddler. Let's see what happens because so far nothing concrete has changed. Just a couple of people being accused of things.

I think it is great that it is being brought up. But America has the attention span of a toddler. Let's see what happens because so far nothing concrete has changed. Just a couple of people being accused of things.

I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, it will make a man or two reconsider his actions. Anything would help. But yeah, I'm not expecting that women will suddenly be treated as equal human beings instead of objects any time soon.

I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, it will make a man or two reconsider his actions. Anything would help. But yeah, I'm not expecting that women will suddenly be treated as equal human beings instead of objects any time soon.

I'm hoping that it makes everyone think twice. Way to much of that crap going around. Id guess that pretty much every women has been victimized to some degree that way and I'd bet that most men have been victimized to some degree that way. I am not equating everything, just saying that I bet it is even more widespread than people think.

Like maybe 100% and 70%.

I'm hoping that it makes everyone think twice. Way to much of that crap going around. Id guess that pretty much every women has been victimized to some degree that way and I'd bet that most men have been victimized to some degree that way. I am not equating everything, just saying that I bet it is even more widespread than people think.

Like maybe 100% and 70%.

I personally am getting tired of being viewed as a sex symbol.

People have the attention span of toddlers are very short on cash right now can I pay you back...what was I saying?

Just a couple of people? More accurate to say dozens with more every day. Here’s an article on whether this is the beginning of a permanent shift in the culture or something more fleeting:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-sexual-harassment-tipping-point-20171027-story.html

Fine, dozens. YOu are correct.

But has anything really changed outside of Hollywood and DC? I'd argue no.

I'm hopeful that seeing women make accusations AND BE BELIEVED might make a difference to us non-famous women. Maybe we will be emboldened to report inappropriate behavior. Maybe we will feel a little more empowered.

It is difficult though, since often we feel very unsafe in those situations and it is difficult to speak up. And there has been the whole cultural thing of not embarrassing men (which I suppose also goes to ensuring our safety).

It took me until last year when I was 56 years old to be brave enough to confront a coworker. We discussed the situation and he apologized. I told him that I would not report him, but if I ever had a problem with him again that I would certainly do so. He was fired shortly afterwards for racially harassing someone else so I didn't have to worry about it. Part of my bravery was because I work in a place that I believe would take it seriously. Part of it was because I was so annoyed that this was still happening even though I'm old and ugly now. Part of it was because I didn't feel physically threatened.

There are so many variables to consider when confronting someone on their bad behavior. Every baby step forward is progress. I hope the steps will get bigger.

As far as men being harassed, it certainly happens and likely in much greater numbers that we imagine. The powerful will prey on the less powerful. But I'm not sure that there is the same level of physical threat that women experience (unless they are a child). For example (true confessions), I once grabbed the butt of a guy at a bar. No, I hadn't been drinking. There had been a lot of innuendo in a chatroom, and when several of us got together, I for some stupid reason acted out something he had previously said. Yeah, I still feel icky about it. It wasn't something I had ever done before or since. For anyone that knows me, they know that is not my style at all. Anyway, he didn't react like it was the joke that I had intended, so he could have taken it as a form of sexual assault. Yet I doubt he felt like his life would be in danger if he had confronted me on it.

But in 24 years of life this is the first time I've come across this sort of situation-- I think every single close female that I'm currently friends with has a story about sexual assault and I only know *one* who went to court with it (and got the guy expelled from law school, and he got charged as well).

I certainly don't doubt this. I've heard this from just about every girl I've dated or gone out with.

As a dude though, I've kind of never gave an extra thought to all the dozen of times girls have grabbed my *** or junk at parties, dances or clubs. I guess I never really thought of it as inappropriate behavior or sexual assault. I'm sure there are a lot of dudes on here that had that happen to them at one point in time and never thought twice too. That said, I can't even imagine how much more **** girls/women go through. So many dudes are pigs and do inappropriate **** because of, well, lots of things sadly.