What's new

Royce O'Neale Over Bolomboy

Thee must be dumbfounded that his boy, who he projects as such a great prospect, was passed over by 29 other teams after being waived. For that matter, many beloved he'd be quickly snatched up if the Jazz let him go. Maybe he's overrated on this board because he played locally?

Thee must be dumbfounded that his boy, who he projects as such a great prospect, was passed over by 29 other teams after being waived. For that matter, many beloved he'd be quickly snatched up if the Jazz let him go. Maybe he's overrated on this board because he played locally?

I watched part of the bulls game... if he couldn't make their roster then maybe he isn't an NBA player

I did think someone would pick him up though. I wonder if he had two-way offers and declined in hopes of getting a real NBA contract.

Can we do that?

Technically? Probably. I mean we could just add him the the G League team if he wasn't drafted. I'd make sure he was OK with it first. I mean he can get picked up from our G league team by anyone, so, other than possible hard feelings for being let go by the Jazz, there really wouldn't be a downside for him. The Jazz look to be actually putting together a strong G League team which maybe wouldn't showcase him. On the other hand, he would look better playing with a functional team.

Technically? Probably. I mean we could just add him the the G League team if he wasn't drafted. I'd make sure he was OK with it first. I mean he can get picked up from our G league team by anyone, so, other than possible hard feelings for being let go by the Jazz, there really wouldn't be a downside for him. The Jazz look to be actually putting together a strong G League team which maybe wouldn't showcase him. On the other hand, he would look better playing with a functional team.

No, he can't play for the Stars next year at all. Under no circumstance.

RealGM - Bucks Sign Joel Bolomboy To Two-Way Deal

The Milwaukee Bucks will sign Joel Bolomboy to a two-way deal.
Bolomboy played 12 games with the Utah Jazz last season.
Bolomboy was waived by the Jazz at the end of the preseason.
Bolomboy was expected to the be the top pick in the G-League draft.

Full Story...

This. Can you please elaborate? With all the evidence we have now I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

You know, it's also ok to say "I was wrong"

Or you can double and triple down... sounds like more fun for me if he really digs in.

ROYce May have already scored more points in the NBA than bolomboy will.

He may still be back though. Some jazz guys I talked to at summer league were disgusted with me when I said he may not make the team.

This. Can you please elaborate? With all the evidence we have now I'm interested in hearing what you have to say.

You know, it's also ok to say "I was wrong"
You don't see the upside and potential he brings? Let's also understand that he's in his infancy as far as his basketball life goes as he only recently picked up the game, so it's going to take a few years.

What pisses me off is he couldn't even get consistent mins in preseason, and yet still balled out and showed some promise even in the small amount of min he received. I'm also on record somewhere saying he needed to be kept over Neto, not Royce.

I see a guy with atheism through the roof, a guy who can play multiple positions, be a force defensively and hit threes. For me I feel the jazz missed out on a great opportunity.

The only thing that haSnt caused me to go full ape on this subject is that Royce is proving to be a great find, but IMO this is going to be a mistake the jazz will have to live with, but what's done is done.