What's new

Royce to Brooklyn for a first rounder

The flip side is maybe Collins can net you another, better first in a trade later.
I’d still like to try to get there without adding a first if possible. Collins trade market has seemingly cooled, and I could easily see someone like Bogey’s heat up depending on what happens with other deals happening today.

So far this off-season Ainge has:

1. Not traded Rudy.
2. Not hired Don's guy.
3. Got us under the LT.
4. Cleared out the way in the starting lineup for those minutes to be occupied elsewhere.
5. Got us a first round pick.

I'd say he's executed this pretty good and has been pretty well rounded in being able to make both basketball and financial moves. I'm getting more optimistic.

1. Not traded Rudy.
2. Not hired Don's guy.
3. Got us under the LT.
4. Cleared out the way in the starting lineup for those minutes to be occupied elsewhere.

I'd say he's executed this pretty good and has been pretty well rounded in being able to make both basketball and financial moves. I'm getting more optimistic.
If he signs Queen today imma laugh my *** off.

In the Sicilian with White I usually play the Smith Morra Gambit. With Black, I like the dragon.
Both of those are fun. I like playing black against the Smith Morra, that extra pawn can be huge if you can hold onto it. I tend to lean toward the accelerated dragon with black.

I’d still like to try to get there without adding a first if possible. Collins trade market has seemingly cooled, and I could easily see someone like Bogey’s heat up depending on what happens with other deals happening today.
Acquiring a long term asset in a trade of Bogey is very difficult given his age and contract status. If they can parlay that into a near-20/10 guy with a chance to rehab value, that might be the best we can hope for.

Obviously, if they can do it straight across without the pick then you do the paperwork so quickly that it is hardly legible.

This is a good deal for us, but enough of the Royce bashing. The guy put it all out there for us since he's been here.

We will miss you Royce

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I’d be more with you but Royce was a complete embarrassment in the playoffs (most importantly the clear cheap shotting and the pouting about his benching that won the Jazz the game) and it has soured me immensely on him.

He’s where he belongs now.

I’d be more with you but Royce was a complete embarrassment in the playoffs (most importantly the clear cheap shotting and the pouting about his benching that won the Jazz the game) and it has soured me immensely on him.

He’s where he belongs now.
Yeah, but the past few years Royce was actually stepping up his game for the playoffs.

(And he did have a game winner this year in the playoffs)

1. Not traded Rudy.
2. Not hired Don's guy.
3. Got us under the LT.

I think trading Royce is encouraging, but whatever you think of Royce, clearing the way in the starting lineup is another way of saying we lost a starter and didn't replace him (yet) lol.

Any other Caro-Kann fans in here?
I don't play it myself, but I don't mind playing against it. I prefer rapid development over pawn pushing so I angle that way.

I've appreciated Royce's effort and am glad he got the chance to remain in the league considering his undrafted status. But it was a mistake to play him so many minutes last season. I hope this is a good move for him. I wish him nothing but the best.