What's new

Rudy and Donovan are headed to the all star game

I wish they just selected players like they do for the first team and didn't actually play a stupid meaningless game about it. Especially now with the schoolyard pick system.

I am fairly sure the injury replacement will be Booker. Mike's raw numbers just aren't enough imo... 16/5 vs. 25/4... maybe had he not missed some time.

It'd be nice if CP3 stepped aside and let Mike have it or if they could kick Randle off the east squad and just add Mike.

I'm shocked Trae Young didn't make it... I guess coaches are fed up with his stat chasing and foul hunting too.

I don’t know what Phoenix chemistry is like, but curious what Booker’s mentality is and if there’s any underlying animosity toward Chris Paul, and him being formally credited for their success, while he’s not acknowledged in this regard.

Also, to have to put Booker on as an injury replacement two years in a row would be dumb.

Here’s what I’d say re: injury replacement:

Booker - as per above, him being a 2x injury replacement?

Ingram - two guys from the worst team in the conference?

SGA - good numbers, no doubt, but they’re in 13th place... we’d get multiple guys snubbed when we were competitive.

DD - has an argument because San Antonio outperforming expectation. In terms of his actual year, I haven’t paid attention. Has been perceived as being snubbed last year. Four-time all-star.

It’s either Booker, Conley or Demar. My guess is Booker would get the nod though I knobs of hope Conley gets it as a lifetime achievement award.

I don’t know what Phoenix chemistry is like, but curious what Booker’s mentality is and if there’s any underlying animosity toward Chris Paul, and him being formally credited for their success, while he’s not acknowledged in this regard.

Also, to have to put Booker on as an injury replacement two years in a row would be dumb.
You think the guy who blatantly stat hunts in games he’s down by 20 would care about an all star snub or that he’s not getting enough credit? Nah not that guy.

Kinda want Conley left out of ASG. that way he remains a chip on his shoulder and will give us 200% comes playoffs cuz then it will be his best/last chance to leave a mark on his career

When people looking back on Mike Conley's career after he retire, will they say:

Mike Conley, a NBA all star.

Or? Mike Conley, a NBA champ.

I'm sure Mike knows what to choose

I believe AD spot gonna go to Booker. Would not feel bad if some other guy had a minor problem and that handed Conley his spot

This is funny.
-Since when were bottom-5 teams in a conference getting rewarded with representation at the All-Star Game? I'm gonna whine about this whenever it comes up, but I find the Zion hype nauseating. At least he seems like a nice kid.
-Chris Paul has had SEVERAL better seasons where he did NOT get named an All-Star. I guess he's still better than Booker but this still feels wack to me.
-I was gonna rag on Julius Randle making the team but he's had a really good season so far. Wouldn't sniff it in the west, though.

I guess I just mostly really want Mike in there and I am certain he deserves it more than Zion. Hopefully he sits it out with AD since he's a nightly threat to destroy a knee.