What's new

Rudy Gay?

TheStormofWar

Dude is going to opt out of his PO and become a free agent. Take a flyer on him and what value? Nay? Just something to think about.

Was just going to post about him. I referenced trying to get someone like Iggy or Joe Jesus was 4-5 years ago, someone at Gay’s current age basically, who was once a 20/5/5 type guy and productive and now just really wants a ring.

The problem is, compared to JJ and Iggy, Gay’s always been a perennial loser. I don’t just want a solid player on the court but someone who can lead and bring intangibles. I have no idea if he can do that and I also don’t know if he’s an overall net positive on the court.

And I fear he’s looking for money if he opted out of that 8.5.

I like someone’s idea yesterday of maybe signing Brook Lopez. The market is gonna be so damn tight after a week (maybe less?) that there should still be some quality FA’s out there with who struggle getting more than half of a full MLE considering there will be no money to spend.

He might be opting out because of the uncertainty in SA. Kawhi wanting a trade, Manu and Tony approaching the end of their careers, and so on. He might not want to be part of a rebuild if things go in that direction.

Aint Nuthin
DutchJazzer
carolinaJazz
Beantown
________

Who is the 5th player on the worst Jazzfanz posters of all time 1st team?

He might be opting out because of the uncertainty in SA. Kawhi wanting a trade, Manu and Tony approaching the end of their careers, and so on. He might not want to be part of a rebuild if things go in that direction.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if the magic is done in SA.

I like someone’s idea yesterday of maybe signing Brook Lopez. The market is gonna be so damn tight after a week (maybe less?) that there should still be some quality FA’s out there with who struggle getting more than half of a full MLE considering there will be no money to spend.

If he wants to be our backup and get paid like one sure. He deserves to be a starter tho, best player on the lakers last year imo

I think he’s a good candidate to start for us at PF. Was good last year in a recovery year... should be even a little better this year.

Contract is key... on a 1+1 with a team option at the MLE I love it... full MLE for two years I like it but worry about 2019 cap space. 3-4 years and I’m out. I think he is somewhat concerned about money but doubt he’s thinking he will get 40-50M.

I think he’s a good candidate to start for us at PF. Was good last year in a recovery year... should be even a little better this year.

Contract is key... on a 1+1 with a team option at the MLE I love it... full MLE for two years I like it but worry about 2019 cap space. 3-4 years and I’m out. I think he is somewhat concerned about money but doubt he’s thinking he will get 40-50M.
There could be some added value in the Jazz showing they can go out and recruit, then sign a player with a name. Builds momentum (obviously, if the contract is too much or too long, then you don't bother).