What's new

Rudy Gobert 5 years, $205M

I agree the whole racism thing has gotten to him and seemed to distance him from Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I agree. I’m not as pointed as one eye with my comments but the Donovan we knew is gone and I don’t expect to get him back. I don’t even think you’ll see him quite as involved in the community anymore. I know in regards to a lot of local behind the scenes stuff Rudy has been pretty involved, Joe Ingles has been pretty involved, Quin has, from what I know not really much from Donovan for quite a while. It’s kind of sad, but I do think his opinion of Utah is it’s a racist place at this point that he’s kind of detached himself from. You can just tell he feels some sort of way now that isn’t the way he felt before. You’ll notice he’ll talk about the team, the guys, coaches, a little bit about the organization, but he never talks about the community, Utah, or the fanbase anymore. It’s unfortunate that honestly such anecdotal things changed his opinion entirely but I guess it is what it is. I remember a few games after the All Star game him commenting on post game something like “I’m grateful, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else” and you can tell that’s just not how it is anymore. Before he’d gladly mention his love of Utah and the community and fanbase. He won’t even let it cross his lips at this point. I guess he has a right to be upset over the idiots, but it seems a little ridiculous how much it changed his perception and opinion.

Well anyway, not really a frequent user here just thought I’d come on and celebrate Rudy’s extension and saw other discussions at hand! So happy Rudy’s here! Have a good night everyone!

Like others here have pointed out - it's an overpay and we might suffer through it at the back end of that contract, but the alternative was probably worse.

Now we have our 2 stars locked in for the next 4-5 years... Lets see what DLZ can do on the margins to help them be more competitive.

On a side note - dow drafting Udoka hurts even more. Wasted pick who will rot in the G-League for the next 3 years unless we sustain injuries.

Lamo at anybody calling Rudy a one dimensional player. That sounds like stupid **** you would hear from a laker fan who never watches the team. If you watch the Jazz regularly and you actually believe that, you should stop watching altogether. Stick to something that's easier for your brain to process, like NASCAR(vroom, vroom, car goes fast).

Also, some of ya'll deserve to have chumps like Gordon Haywood playing for your favorite team. You don't deserve a flat-out stud like Rudy.

Happy for RudY and I want to see him energized every game. Him and Donovan got payed handsomely they should lead us deep into the season. I don't think we can win a championship, Lakers seems locked in but i feel we can get past clips, rockets, nuggets

My opinion of Don changed when he was a dick to Rudy over covid. That was ****ed up.
We still don't know what happened in the lockerroom. And if Rudy didn't apologize right away, why does Don have to forgive right away?

I'm a Christian and believe in forgiveness, but nobody should blame Don for being upset at Rudy if Rudy:
A - did something stupid
B - didn't apologize for it

Can't believe people are actually mad at Don for having a human reaction as the 2nd person in his profession to contract a worldwide pandemic illness.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

OMG, I’ve never put three people on ignore in on half hour in one thread
For as ridiculous and even sometimes hateful as oneye can be, I still don't understand why people put others on ignore. Regardless of how bad some takes are here, me included sometimes, everybody brings something to the table at least occasionally.

There are a lot of good points others brought to the discussion about keeping Rudy which made me soften my stance on his contract.

We lose a ton of perspective when we just block out anything we disagree with.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Lol a friend of mine has just told me that Rudy is basically like Drummond:eek:...and when I immediately replied that Rudy is worth AT LEAST 20 Drummonds he started laughing.

And another one said that he didn't see the jazz reaching the playoffs...(here I were only able to sigh, shaking my head).

This is how a lot of not-jazzfans see Rudy and in general our team.

Happy to have Rudy back! Large price, but he does help winning, and it was a tough situation of what to do on this one. As far as the Donovan discussion, I tend to agree with Oneye, you watch all these other guys Rudy, Giannis, Bam, etc. at least post and say something about their extension, fanbase, and city. To my knowledge Donovan never said a word about being happy to be staying, or in regards to Utah or the fans here. Some of you don’t find that weird after how he’s acted and what he’s said since he got here? He said a couple things about being happy to continue playing with the guys but we all know how good Donovan is in regards to his image publicly and it does feel like he’s kinda told us what we need to know with his change in tune. I think the Jazz have about a 4 year window here, but I wouldn’t expect Donovan here beyond that. Hopefully they make something happen in the meantime.

That's what happens when you become a SJW and only listen to the radicals on the position you're taking.
I agree the whole racism thing has gotten to him and seemed to distance him from Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never a good thing to go full SJW like he has, especially when facts get in the way of your narrative.

For as ridiculous and even sometimes hateful as oneye can be, I still don't understand why people put others on ignore. Regardless of how bad some takes are here, me included sometimes, everybody brings something to the table at least occasionally.
It’s a waste of my time to even read his posts when I know the premise of what he’s going to say, and it’s ridiculous and outlandish
We lose a ton of perspective when we just block out anything we disagree with.
What perspective is there to be gained by listening to oneye call DM a bitch and slandering Mitchell at every turn. All he’s doing is baiting people. It’s not worth my time reading. I’d rather he just disappear all together, and the best way to do that is put on ignore and my hope is if enough people do the same, he will in fact disappear.

Yeah just plain wrong. That player option (which no player has ever got on their rookie extension) has everything to do with getting Donovan’s prime out of Utah. It sets the timetable back on when trade rumors/demands start, etc. Now Donovan likely exits Utah during most his prime, vs playing most here. If it was a full 5 year max, run out the clock on it and go it o the final season. Now you’ll go into the 24 summer asking him to sign a super max with ONE year instead of 2 left on the contract before the PO. You will have to trade him at that point, oh and not just trade him, but trade him to a destination of his choice or pay him 15% of his salary as a fee. I wouldn’t call myself a Rudy lover lol. Rudy has his flaws, but Rudy’s a real and I respect it. Donovan is every bit as good as Trump at selling you what you want vs what’s reality. Donovan doesn’t think you’re any less of a racist POS @Eenie-Meenie as he does the real POS in his comment sections. Promise. Dude loathes his own fanbase, and also treated the teammate most responsible for his career winning success like dirt. He’s an ungrateful bitch in every way. He tossed the community and fanbase aside just as fast as he did Rudy the second he got in his feelings about it.
Being from NY myself, I can understand why people from NY might have conflicted feelings about Utah. It is a much different culture than the northeast. That is not to say that Don doesn't like playing for the Jazz, which in my opinion is a great organization and one which treats people well.

Last edited:
This thread is about Gobert not about mind reading or tea leaving about Mitchell's imagined feelings. He recently wrote a very positive players article about playing for Utah. Stop being a whiny paranoid high-school girlfriend.

If you want to find something wrong, you will always find it - be it a person or a group. The people of Utah are great. Are we perfect? Hell no, we got a lot of things to improve just like anywhere in the USA.

Last edited:
He may be trolling in his approach but I don’t believe getting us irate is the target. I believe he is completely genuine and he is crusading against his former self who he seems to see in the rest of us.
“Irate” may not be the goal. But “stirred up” in any way whatsoever is. He’s the kind of troll that dives in, gets frothy, and figures it out midstream. When he finds a nerve, he presses down. We’ve seen this playbook many times.