What's new

Rudy Gobert "Greatest Jazz Center of All Time" Countdown Thread

Thanks. I didn't realize you could do both. It might come down to designating Rudy or Dante for those 5 years.

They can both have five year contracts, but only one can be a five year extension. It might mean letting one of them go to restricted free agency and signing them to a max contract at five years.

Rudy needs a combination of 78 rebounds, points, assists, blocks, and steals to move into 20th place. Hint- that next guy in line played in the WAC. . .

Gobert crushing on Plumlee. Nice entry pass from Ingles, btw...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdd685i4-i8

We may have gotten a break on that dunk. If you run this slow you will see the shot clock was about to expire but the timekeeper reset it on Ingles shot even though it appears he didn't hit the rim. Rudy might have gotten the shot off but it would have been close.

If Gobert has a good game on Tuesday, he should move into 20th place. Additionally both Kanter and Favors have moved into the top 10 all time Jazz centers.

It appears that all pictorial evidence that Chilcutt played on the Jazz has disappeared since I made this post. So here he is as a Rocket:
Pete_Chilcutt.jpg

stumbled upon this video that has Chilcutt attempting a game tying 3 against the lakers at the end it courtesy of JazzBasketball1 aka vslice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-XVaPoAZQ

as you can guess he missed and walked off the court dejected
25qcenr.jpg

stumbled upon this video that has Chilcutt attempting a game tying 3 against the lakers at the end it courtesy of JazzBasketball1 aka vslice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1-XVaPoAZQ

as you can guess he missed and walked off the court dejected
25qcenr.jpg

Man, I'm going to have to knock him down 5 spots for the frosted tips. . .

If Gobert has a good game on Tuesday, he should move into 20th place. Additionally both Kanter and Favors have moved into the top 10 all time Jazz centers.

It's interesting that, statistically, it looks like the Jazz have three guys who have played center for them that are all under the age of 24 and on the team together at the same time. If they retain Kanter, it's quite likely that these three will play together for years. Is it possible for them to all end up in the top 5/top 10 while they're members of the Jazz together?

Have any of the other guys inthe list done so playing in Utah together? I'm kind of interested in where Favors and Kanter are at right now too.

It's interesting that, statistically, it looks like the Jazz have three guys who have played center for them that are all under the age of 24 and on the team together at the same time. If they retain Kanter, it's quite likely that these three will play together for years. Is it possible for them to all end up in the top 5/top 10 while they're members of the Jazz together?

Have any of the other guys inthe list done so playing in Utah together? I'm kind of interested in where Favors and Kanter are at right now too.

Kanter is at 10, Favors at 8. Gobert can probably get there in a year and a half if he continues to improve and get time.

We had Foster, Carr, and Ostertag, all in the top 20 all at one time. We had Big Al, Kanter, and Favors, but I'm not positive Kanter was in the top 20 during that period.

Framer, based on your method, who is the best all time NBA center and how far behind is the best all time Jazz center? I think, that Jabbar is probably number one?

#21 Eric Leckner
Points 670
Rebounds 401
Blocks 45
Steals 23
Assists 37

Eric Leckner played for Wyoming and tore up the WAC. He was the 3 time MVP of the conference tournament and led the Cowboys to the sweet 16 in 1987. He was drafted by the Jazz in 1988 played in Utah for two seasons of his eventual 8 in the NBA. Evidently, Dave Checketts wanted Thunder Dan instead, but the rest of the Jazz brass went with size in an effort to back up Mark Eaton who was now in his 30's. He went on to play less and less as his term in Utah grew longer. Said Karl Malone of Leckner,

"Sometimes, I get a little mad at him because I can tell he's not trying hard. It gets kind of frustrating because you see him making the same mistakes over and over. Eric Leckner can be as good as Eric Leckner wants to be."

Leckner went on to be a piece in the trade that landed Jeff Malone in Utah.

26969.jpg

Once Rudy becomes the Greatest Jazz Center of All Time you can turn this thread into Rudy Gobert "Greatest NBA Center of All Time" Countdown Thread

Here's some retrospective article about Rudy (3 years? lol).

https://www.basketdergisi.com/iste-erman-kunterin-yeni-urunu.html

It talks about the Cholet team and their Turkish coach Erman Khunter who is known for the successful youth talent he has brought to basketball (and his 153 points in a single game when he was a player), that Ettore Messina really liked him in the camp in Treviso and says that CSKA Moscow is interested in Rudy.

They were seeing Rudy as the new "Noah" (I think that's a reference to Joakim Noah) of France.

After Erman Khunter left Cholet Basket, Rudy's route channelized to where he is right now.

Note: Khunter is without an "h" but a censor on a surname would look silly so I altered.

Thought I read that Rudy moved up the list another spot. Interested in seeing who he overtook.

Paging Framer. . .

I sent him a threatening e-mail yesterday. Said I'd start negging him daily if he didn't update this thread. He has ONE week. Tick-tock, tick-tock...