What's new

Rudy has Covid 19

Feel awful for Rudy.
Feel awful for those on the team and who work for the team who might’ve been exposed. Hope there’s something set up for them to get health care.
On the bright side, maybe Americans might now actually take this thing seriously?

Yeah, it’s hard to foresee how this will impact Gobert’s career, but it cannot be good. That stunt at the press conference was really stupid.

Here are my thoughts:

Rudy was tested because he was with the league and probably had a low pre-test probability, as he probably wouldn’t have been tested otherwise. Yet he was positive. Conclusion? A lot more people have this already.

There are only 3 confirmed cases in Utah. It’d be astronomically unlikely that Rudy is among 4 people in the state. If everyone was being tested, these rates go higher.

Here are my thoughts:

Rudy was tested because he was with the league and probably had a low pre-test probability, as he probably wouldn’t have been tested otherwise. Yet he was positive. Conclusion? A lot more people have this already.

There are only 3 confirmed cases in Utah. It’d be astronomically unlikely that Rudy is among 4 people in the state. If everyone was being tested, these rates go higher.
Rudy's immune system might be strong enough to hold the virus in check but it does mean he's a carrier if the test result is correct.

Here are my thoughts:

Confirmed case being the key here. When it costs over $500 even with insurance and they rules are such that it’s almost impossible to get tested, it’s pretty obvious that there are far more Utahns sick with this.